GDT: Game 16: Arizona Coyotes @ Calgary Flames ~ 11/13/14 7:00 p.m. MST ~ FSA

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's not just a lack of talent on the ice. It's a lack of success in the front office. While letting Tippet go and hiring an offensive minded coach might allow the Coyotes to pass the eye test, I agree with you that the talent mix and quality are unimpressive. The answer to that is to hire a new front office and start rebuilding to acquire the type of talent the new coach requires for his system to work.

Maybe, but we have never been able to spend any money, and that has now caught up to the team. DM caught lightning in a bottle with the Bryz/Smith/Whitney signings, 2 Vezina candidates and a 77 point 38 year old. After that, Lombardi/Sullivan/Smith/Ribs/verby walking, all did not work out as planned. Wheeler/Turris wanting out, did not help either.

We came blame Tip for the on ice play, and we can blame DM for the players. The reality is that DM made some fortunate signings and Tip has been able to do more with less, until now. The lack of money, and therefor lack of talent has caught up with us now. I don't think it is bad coaching or a poor GM problem.

You can only do it with "mirrors and over achieve for so long", maybe that is where we are now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maybe, but we have never been able to spend any money, and that has now caught up to the team. DM caught lightning in a bottle with the Bryz/Smith/Whitney signings, 2 Vezina candidates and a 77 point 38 year old. After that, Lombardi/Sullivan/Smith/Ribs/verby walking, all did not work out as planned. Wheeler/Turris wanting out, did not help either.

We came blame Tip for the on ice play, and we can blame DM for the players. The reality is that DM made some fortunate signings and Tip has been able to do more with less, until now. The lack of money, and therefor lack of talent has caught up with us now. I don't think it is bad coaching or a poor GM problem.

You can only do it with "mirrors and over achieve for so long", maybe that is where we are now.

You hit the nail on the head.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Frankly, I can't watch this team. I've watched bad Coyotes teams in the past, but for the most part they played hard.

This team is boring to watch, and doesn't really play hard. When I say I can't watch this team, the organization has serious problems with their on-ice product. I've been a season ticket holder since year 1. This is by far the most disappointing season I have experienced; especially after the moves the team made with Ribs and Verby, and the lack of resources to bring in players that would impact the game....

Doing nothing makes fans like me just lose interest in the team, which is something they can not afford from a business standpoint.

That's where I am. I can't say I'm up there with you being a season ticket holder since year 1, but I've attended at least 10 games every season since 1996, and am in for a 13-game pack this year.

I'll go to all of those games, but only because it's NHL hockey being played in my city. If they're just planning to maintain status quo this season, then I am already done with following televised games, as I can't see the point of putting myself through such aggravation.

It's the most disappointing season because we all saw it coming, and it's playing out about as expected.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

EXACTLY

This is why I was/am infuriated me about the Ribeiro / Vrbata fiasco..... We could'a had 'em both boys AND a better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00