GDT: Game 16: Arizona Coyotes @ Calgary Flames ~ 11/13/14 7:00 p.m. MST ~ FSA

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Drunk and don't wanna read through the thread. How did we lose? piss poor defense? Pizza goalie?

Pizza goalie struck when it was 4-3 Calgary, so not really, though he sealed the fate of the team.

Zero effort, Smitty got hung out to dry. Seriously. Watch the replay on the Giordano goal. Pathetic.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
pizza goalie struck when it was 4-3 calgary, so not really, though he sealed the fate of the team.

Zero effort, smitty got hung out to dry. Seriously. Watch the replay on the giordano goal. Pathetic.

The last goal deflected off Smith stick and in... I looked at the replay and everyone looked like they just wanted to get off the ice.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
the team is just playing lousy...but it almost seems that every team has the exact playbook we're running.

Calgary was all over us tonight...just like most of the teams that we've played, it never seems that we've got time and space.

Donnie has to do something, I just don't want him to do something drastic and trade Domi/Perlini/Samuelsson as they're going to be big pieces to the puzzle, some as soon as next year.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
the team is just playing lousy...but it almost seems that every team has the exact playbook we're running.

Calgary was all over us tonight...just like most of the teams that we've played, it never seems that we've got time and space.

Donnie has to do something, I just don't want him to do something drastic and trade Domi/Perlini/Samuelsson as they're going to be big pieces to the puzzle, some as soon as next year.

GMDM wouldn't do that. I don't think he has ever traded a first round pick...Not sure if he has traded a first round picked prospect either. (that he picked)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Also, Gagner isn't a center, he needs to be switched to wing. The only problem with that is that Tipp will put Chips as our 3rd line center...ugh!!!!!!!!

We have a lot of guys that need to go bye bye.

I want to get rid of a lot of guys...if we're going to lose, then let's lose with the rookies and get them some experience, because we're not going to win with this group.

Out: (In order of Outage)
Chipchura/Crombeen/McMillan/Korpi/Klink/Erat/Schlemko

I'm still going to give Gagner some time to figure out if he'll be able to play wing effectively, but if this is "as good" as he's going to be then he's added to the list as well.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Also, Gagner isn't a center, he needs to be switched to wing. The only problem with that is that Tipp will put Chips as our 3rd line center...ugh!!!!!!!!

I want to get rid of a lot of guys...if we're going to lose, then let's lose with the rookies and get them some experience, because we're not going to win with this group.

I'm still going to give Gagner some time to figure out if he'll be able to play wing effectively, but if this is "as good" as he's going to be then he's added to the list as well.

Problem is, I don't see tip playing Gagner there. It was nice when Hodgman was up and we moved him over, but Tip will ride him as a center until

I'm done. Can it be draft day yet? Need my McDavid fix haha

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

But the NHL isn't a developmental league.

:sarcasm:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't. The NBA, on the other hand...

If anything the most likely rigging would be a legitimate draw where we win but the league doesn't want conspiracy theorists to go nuts so they just announce Buffalo as the winner and call it a day.

If the NBA was rigging their draft Cleveland would be the last place they'd send LeBron.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I feel our blue line is having to make up for a LOT of unproductive forwards and mistakes from the forwards. None of them, other than Yandle, are playing the kind of game that they should be, and it's due to having zero confidence in your forwards to get the job done. Turn this entire forward core around and I think we'll see just how good our young D really are.

The forwards aren't doing the D no favors that's for sure, but are D is a turn over machine and soft.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Problem is, I don't see tip playing Gagner there. It was nice when Hodgman was up and we moved him over, but Tip will ride him as a center until

I'm done. Can it be draft day yet? Need my McDavid fix haha

Then bring Hodgman back up...we can't get worse.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I agree. Can't see many teams knocking our door down for him.

Z doesn't have the mobility to be on a top pairing anymore but he's still more than fine for a bottom 4 role at even strength + PK. Plus his advanced stats are still good. There will be takers.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Z doesn't have the mobility to be on a top pairing anymore but he's still more than fine for a bottom 4 role at even strength + PK. Plus his advanced stats are still good. There will be takers.

Where do you find the advanced stats?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Z doesn't have the mobility to be on a top pairing anymore .

That one play last night where Z looked as slow as me, and the Flamer pulled away from him like John Brown burning the Eagles. Nasher tried to say he got caught flat footed...no, he got caught old and slow.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
That one play last night where Z looked as slow as me, and the Flamer pulled away from him like John Brown burning the Eagles. Nasher tried to say he got caught flat footed...no, he got caught old and slow.

Z made David Jones look like Chris Kreider last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad