Post-Game Talk: Game 16: (10-4-2) Predators @ Blues (11-4-1)| 7 PM CST | FS-TN | Who's #1?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Meh, not a solid game at all, yet St. Louis barely ekes out a win on home ice. Could have been worse.

Really need to get the second and third lines going. Hope Fisher can help out with that.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Since when does reality matter here? EA trumps physics.

Sorry 101st , we aren't all dispassionate statistical analysts. Some of us are fans and get excited and express that excitement on these pages. But good on ya for your detachment and cool professionalism. I hope it pays well.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Sorry 101st , we aren't all dispassionate statistical analysts. Some of us are fans and get excited and express that excitement on these pages. But good on ya for your detachment and cool professionalism. I hope it pays well.

I notice you're not ranting at Iron Duke as well. It seems your posts lack any intellectual integrity since you fail to mention the very person that explained what the true issue was on that play.

Getting excited doesn't mean the inability to realize that most of the things these boards rant about require a specific body position, stick placement, etc ... or in emotional speak, luck. Most times, that is what the diatribes here boil down to. A puck deflects to an area where if everything aligns, an easy tap in ensues. The big problem is that things rarely align as hoped. A stick is on one side rather than the other. A player is there when a player with the opposite dominant hand would be in a better position. Or, in the case of the 2014-15 forwards, it isn't our top line ... Smith, or Cullen .. out there.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Imo the Preds didn't seem to have the intensity that they have had in their other games w/ the puck battle and sworming pressure against the opponent and Rinne standing on his head game but still kept it a game/close. They picked things up in the second and third but just wasn't meant to be tonight.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Imo the Preds didn't seem to have the intensity that they have had in their other games w/ the puck battle and sworming pressure against the opponent and Rinne standing on his head game but still kept it a game/close. They picked things up in the second and third but just wasn't meant to be tonight.

The Preds depended on Peks standing on his head to win of late. A four goal allowed game, 50% on the kill, lose 58% of the draws ... not a recipe for win.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Only got to catch the last ten minutes or so tonight (went to a screening of "The Room." God that movie is something). The forecheck never stops impressing me. Is it as strong as I seem to think or is it just because my other team is the Sabres who have 0 forechecking ability?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Great game to watch. Two evenly matched teams. Big players making big plays for both sides. Can't ask for much more than that IMO. Can we just watch a great game and enjoy it? Both teams played hard. Both teams did what they had to do and they got a great tip with not much time remaining. Very rarely are you happy after a loss but there is a different vibe to this team. They laid it out there yet again and got beat by a very good team in their own barn.

I finally feel like we have a real rivalry about to happen. It's not forced. It's not like we chose this. It's just kind of happening and I'd love to see us and the Blues go at it for years to come.

Good game from both sides. We'll get back at it Saturday against the Peg.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Only got to catch the last ten minutes or so tonight (went to a screening of "The Room." God that movie is something). The forecheck never stops impressing me. Is it as strong as I seem to think or is it just because my other team is the Sabres who have 0 forechecking ability?

The team is applying a lot of pressure via the forecheck. The problem is only one forward line is consistently scoring with some help from the 2nd line. The 3rd and 4th line disappeared after game number two. The defense hadn't scored in six games leading into tonight. Pressure and turnovers lose a lot of importance when they stop resulting in anything.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Even with the loss I am pretty happy with the way we played overall. We pushed one of the hottest teams that has all their players going on their ice. We still don't have fisher back and wilson is also out. Forsberg is now 6th in the entire league in scoring with 20 points. He is a joy to watch play hockey and ribeiro and neal help a ton as well. Even our D got going on the board tonight. Now we just have to get our middle six into the game and on the score sheet. Big changes tonight as PL is searching for what will work there and that is good to see.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Good game again Preds fans. The puck seems to find Forsberg and he's racking up points. Impressive play from him.

These look like two similar teams with an edge to our depth on offense. D is a wash, I think. Pekka is better than anything we have, although both of our goalies are plenty competent. Overall, think its a wash. Rinne's underrated, IMO. Even on an off night, he will keep you in it.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Yep I'm a little disappointed but not mad. A good game between two good teams. I actually thought the Preds had the better play overall and controlled the flow of the game more than the Blues did. We created tons of pressure and that resulted in quite a few turnovers. The Blues just did a good job finishing the chances they got.

I really don't understand why the faceoff was in our zone when Neal was pushed into the net on the fourth goal. I was peeved at that and I think Lavy was pissed about the same thing but oh well. On a night when we were actually good on the dot that was a tough faceoff to lose cleanly but just a hell of a tip from Stas.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I'm not even mad. That was a hell of a game.

Haha I am 100% with you sir. That was the most entertaining Preds game I've seen since the nationally televised DAL game a year or two ago. Can't win them all and two in a row at STL is a tough bargain; I'll take the split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad