Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Bye Bruce

Another blown lead
No structure
Dress Stillman

You deserve to be fired

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Tyler Myers post Game Interview
FUbW-EhVUAAGrBW.jpg

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Naw dude, they really don't. EP is by far the most consistently wide open player, he waits until he's covered to make a move, like several + seconds despite receiving perfect passes.

I don't really blame EP for that, I think it's just the design.

What I do blame him for is not hitting the net. You cannot be so inaccurate from there and have the puck wire around the boards down the ice every night. Just kills the PP.

Reactions: mossey3535

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Naw dude, they really don't. EP is by far the most consistently wide open player, he waits until he's covered to make a move, like several + seconds despite receiving perfect passes.
He needs to be okay hitting people with his shot. If they want to block it then dare them to block it. Then do it again.

Reactions: mossey3535

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
A coaching change isn’t going to do it. Needs to be a major shake up. There’s too much pacifism on this team. It still has that Sedin aura about and I love those guys but it doesn’t work here.

Reactions: me2 and calnuck

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Yup.

The interplay between Miller/Kuzmenko/Hughes/Horvat is actually really good. And those combinations have scored a lot of goals.

Then it goes over Pettersson who is standing still in love with his low-percentage shots and the puck is turned over.

Yes... now that opponents know to take away his slapshot (which he hasn't fired off in who knows when), he's a ghost out there on the PP.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Decent 1st period, then only the goalie prevented this from being a blowout.

Coach has to be fired. This team has no system, no work ethic, and no confidence.

- 4th line the only line that was useful. Joshua played a strong game, Studnicka continues to look like a solid depth pickup.

- Boeser is just a disgrace. Slow, lazy, gutless player. Zero compete level. And it’s absolutely insane that Kuzmenko was taken off the PP to hand Boeser back his role.

- Miller line just abysmal in general. Miller just flailing and Mikheyev had his worst game as a Canuck.

- Horvat tried but his line was caved in as well.

- Pettersson line was working great, had one bad game, and then immediately broken up. Hoglander is simply not a fit there. Pettersson was probably the best of the top 9 at ES but still not good and he’s a liability on the PP.

- all 6 D were terrible, especially Myers and Stillman.

- Martin was terrific. Gave the team a chance to get a result.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Stillman is a managment call

It's honestly hard to tell where exactly the blame lies between the two...but it's clear that both Management and Coaching are in lockstep on the "Stillman Thing".

If you ask me, Wolanin is a better player. He showed that through the entire preseason. He's buried. Stillman plays. Because he was a deliberate "fight puncher" target in the Dickinson trade. Dickinson sliding a little bit toward expecting btw, but still...7pts in 11games for CHI playing a bottom-6 defensive role more or less.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hoglander, Pod and garland have a combined 4 goals this year i believe

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's a depressing predictability to every Canuck loss.....even when they built a 2-0 lead against the run of the play, you knew they'd never be able to hold it or build on it. The 'end' usually comes when the Canucks take a penalty they can't kill off.

Sure enough, a cheap penalty on Hughes in the first minute of the second results in the first Leafs goal....after that it was like the rink was tilted. For the remainder of the game it was Corsi nightmare for Vancouver. It was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters against the Washington Generals.

The scoreboard said 3-2....but it could easily have been 7-2. Lost track of the number of times the Leafs were eyeball to eyeball with Martin.

I really didn't see any way this team was bad enough to be a real player in the Bedard sweepstakes. But I'm changing my mind. This team is bad enough that they could do it, particularly if they trade a couple of core pieces like Horvat, Boeser or Garland.

Time to strip mine the roster and go for it.

Reactions: Jay26

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's honestly hard to tell where exactly the blame lies between the two...but it's clear that both Management and Coaching are in lockstep on the "Stillman Thing".

If you ask me, Wolanin is a better player. He showed that through the entire preseason. He's buried. Stillman plays. Because he was a deliberate "fight puncher" target in the Dickinson trade. Dickinson sliding a little bit toward expecting btw, but still...7pts in 11games for CHI playing a bottom-6 defensive role more or less.

Wolanin has not looked very good in the AHL.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
It was more than just two goals, he was dominant.

The argument can be made that he fell off in Vegas, but he was ridiculous against St. Louis
Horvats short handed goal vs the Blues is the best individual effort (not greatest) franchise playoff goal.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Boudreau has to go. I don’t say that because I want him gone - but this sideshow Allvin and Rutherford have created by dragging him constantly in the press needs to end. It’s unprofessional and unfair to drag out.
You echo my thoughts from a Main Board Thread last week when the interviews resulted In a real life sideshow.

I was so happy last December when the changes were finally made.

I was right there with the rest when Bruce came in & we started being fun to watch and cheer for. Yes, we were winning, but more importantly, we had some hope on the horizon.

Although I don’t like making mistakes, I would love to be proven wrong about this Team. I think we’re heading for a Top 10 pick & poised for yet another house cleaning.

What’s weird is that I’m feeling okay with either outcome, though I’m honestly hoping for changes and a Top 10 Pick or Changes and a Playoff Spot.

I realize I’m probably delusional, but then again, I’m a Canucks fan.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Decent 1st period, then only the goalie prevented this from being a blowout.

Coach has to be fired. This team has no system, no work ethic, and no confidence.

- 4th line the only line that was useful. Joshua played a strong game, Studnicka continues to look like a solid depth pickup.

- Boeser is just a disgrace. Slow, lazy, gutless player. Zero compete level. And it’s absolutely insane that Kuzmenko was taken off the PP to hand Boeser back his role.

- Miller line just abysmal in general. Miller just flailing and Mikheyev had his worst game as a Canuck.

- Horvat tried but his line was caved in as well.

- Pettersson line was working great, had one bad game, and then immediately broken up. Hoglander is simply not a fit there. Pettersson was probably the best of the top 9 at ES but still not good and he’s a liability on the PP.

- all 6 D were terrible, especially Myers and Stillman.

- Martin was terrific. Gave the team a chance to get a result.
It's crazy because Boeser is another one who was fantastic in his rookie, and even sophomore, years and just fell off. What the hell is going on in this organization. What is it that befalls our young talent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad