Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
A small victory of the game would be, if as per usual the Canucks make a rookie goalie in his first game look like the second coming of Patrick Roy, and it inflates leafs fans hopes and dreams, only to have it severely crushed the very next time he plays.

(Man... is there something wrong with me that I'd take joy in that?)
I’m with you 100%. I’ll never not take joy in the misfortune of the Leafs.

• Love
Reactions: Peen

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The refusal to play Burroughs is absolutely mindboggling at this point.

Stillman should have never seen another game for this team after his last performance ... but here we are. Right back in the lineup.
They are doing all kinds of weird shit.

This looks like a really dysfunctional hockey organisation from top to bottom right now... Again.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leafs have a habit of burying the Canucks in HNIC games in TO. If the Canucks just had any sort of defensive shell they could rely on, to get through the inevitable pushes by Matthews and Co, then you'd feel better about their chances.

Unfortunately once one goal goes in, they can come in bunches for the Leafs. Canucks need to stay out of the penalty box for obvious reasons. Matthews, Marner and Nylander will feast on the NHL's worst PK.

A 'moral victory' would be a 3-2 defeat despite being outshot and out-chanced.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I absolutely cannot comprehend why Burroughs isn't playing. It's mind-boggling. The difference in his play vs that of Rathbone and Stillman to date this year has been severely evident.
play the crap out of oel-stillman-myers-rathbone

• Love

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They are doing all kinds of weird shit.

This looks like a really dysfunctional hockey organisation from top to bottom right now... Again.

Absolutely the Boudreau situation appears totally dysfunctional. Like I said previously, it reminds me of Burke-Keenan.

Should be an automatic that a new GM is able to bring in his guy as coach, that hasn't happened, and predictably it's led to a mess. Why it isn't being fixed I have no idea.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I predict 5-2 Leafs. One or both of our goals in garbage time. Regardless the goals will be scored by Horvat and Miller

• Love

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
leafs have usually owned Hughes and with Myers by his side I’m expecting that to continue.

Absolutely the Boudreau situation appears totally dysfunctional. Like I said previously, it reminds me of Burke-Keenan.

Should be an automatic that a new GM is able to bring in his guy as coach, that hasn't happened, and predictably it's led to a mess. Why it isn't being fixed I have no idea.

Worse part is Burroughs is one of the few Canucks that consistently stands up for his teammates too. His treatment is sickening.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
This team must have stopped playing for this new management and wants them fired, wasn't that the reasoning last time they weren't playing good... :laugh:

• Love

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
So is Burroughs not 100%? Something minor he could play through but they feel will affect his play too much? I don’t get it.

Or is this purely about not wanting him on his off side? Really strange.
Exactly my questions, too. It's bizarre that he's not playing - even if it's every other game.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

As usual Aqua thinks he's the smartest person in the room. Can't just do the normal thing and name an asst. coach interim until he has a GM in place. There's a reason why the owner isn't supposed to hire the HC directly before he's even hired a GM but of course Aqua knows best!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Totally shades of Burke-Keenan. It’s surreal to watch this unfold - it basically feels like waiting for the axe to fall at this point.

Patterson’s comment about Martin starting is curious. Do we think Martin gets the start tomorrow? That would certainly be a balls on the table move by a desperate coach on a national stage.

• Love
Reactions: Peen and mossey3535

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This team will find a way to take a dump on Sedins / Luongo retirement night.
i want a shocking jim benning run in

Totally shades of Burke-Keenan. It’s surreal to watch this unfold - it basically feels like waiting for the axe to fall at this point.

Patterson’s comment about Martin starting is curious. Do we think Martin gets the start tomorrow? That would certainly be a balls on the table move by a desperate coach on a national stage.
bruce would have to hike his gut up on the table first before getting his balls there

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad