Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I agree that JR's been a little aggressive with his comments considering how they did almost nothing to address the main issues with this team from a roster perspective, but Bruce is putting the nails in his own coffin:

- Keeps dressing Stillman (and somehow thought Stillman - Bear is a good idea)
- Keeps Miller at center when he's bleeding goals against
- Scratches Garland but lets a slug like Pearson do whatever he wants including terrible penalty after terrible penalty (accountability in general is sorely lacking)
- Won't dress Burroughs despite him being a consistent and hard-working performer, which is hard to find on this team

His stubbornness is directly costing him games. The roster is obviously flawed but he's not helping himself.

Stillman is JRs new guy

JR just signed Miller to play centre for 8 years

JR just brought in Bear to push Burroughs out of the lineup as a RHD. Stillman for the LS. Rathbone people are want in.

• Love
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Lol at people thinking another new coach will fix this.

Keep coping.

This core group of players just isn’t good enough.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Boudreau goes, it will basically be the same group of players that have gotten two fired in a year. What a sad commentary on the professionalism and accountability of this team.

Reactions: sting101

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
If Boudreau goes, it will basically be the same group of players that have gotten two fired in a year. What a sad commentary on the professionalism and accountability of this team.

Farhan Laji kept calling the players out when Green was getting canned, and I was not buying it.

Guess he was right.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
did anyone else notice, 1 minute into the game and Myers was already being an idiot? Leafs were entering the zone 3on3, and Myers leaves the puck carrier to go double-team the next guy over - who was already covered - and they got a wide open chance from what should easily have been Myers' check. Seems I'm yelling at the Tv in the 1st minute of every game.

And Bruce... why you let Myers play like dumdum and no discipline?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
JR isn't being aggressive. He is being unprofessional.

Say what you want about Benning and many of you do. He would never pull the stunts in public that JR has. Its shameful and unprofessional. We are under poor leadership at the GM position.

Heck I think even famous liked by nobody road on coat tails of everyone Mike Gillis wouldn't even pull this garbage.

Fire JR.

You probably have forgotten the arrogant roll eyes Benning gave to the question at one of the 2016 town halls why they hadn't dealt Miller, answering there were no offer when only a few months before he said they could have dealt him.

He always acted like he was the smartest guy in the room when it was very obvious that he was extremely incompetent

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Scratch, trade, or waive:
Stillman
Myers
Hughes

Then nucks might be able to win a game. Currently it is just unbelievably bad defending from these usual suspects.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I can understand why a coaching change will be made but in the end it has little to do with system or no system. Systems are just variations on a theme. They don’t differ that much.

I said it a few days ago but in every system the basics are the same. This team has players that can’t execute those basics. You have centers who don’t know what to do in the defensive zone even though they’ve been taught this since they were teenagers. You have wingers who can’t win a board battle and get the puck out. You have D-men chasing covered guys behind the net. You have bad pinches and bad reads. D-men who don’t get in front of the opposition and don’t take their sticks. You have wide open seams to pass through. You have forwards who quite simply don’t back check. No matter the system none of these things change.

So sure fire Boudreau. It won’t make a difference to the big picture until there are multiple big moves and significant turnover of this roster.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That's really weird, considering how they looked preseason. One looked comfortably NHL depth caliber, and the other looked like he clearly did not belong.

I mean, small sample size. Patrick Coulombe once outplayed Alex Edler in camp to make the team when both were fresh out of junior.

Wolanin has looked more wobbly defensively in Abbotsford than he did in camp and Kalynuk has looked better. They’re very similar offensively.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Farhan Laji kept calling the players out when Green was getting canned, and I was not buying it.

Guess he was right.

The Country Club Canucks, the players they’re just collecting paychecks. Don’t they care about winning at all? They are on the verge of firing another coach.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Unless the power posse of Ryan Reynolds, Joshua Jackson, Seth Rogan and Michael Buble buys the Canucks from the slumlords of the Aquilini’s….this team is toast until new ownership comes in.

or luluslumlord buys the team and makes all the players join his cult

BCFE54B8-7179-4DA0-88E9-861BDD356D50.gif

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
i just watched the highlights. that matthews goal… remember when that was boeser?
i don’t really remember anytime in the benning-present era where we weren’t the team with four penalty killers in that one corner with the wide open 60 goal opponent between the hashmarks

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
JR isn't being aggressive. He is being unprofessional.

Say what you want about Benning and many of you do. He would never pull the stunts in public that JR has. Its shameful and unprofessional. We are under poor leadership at the GM position.

Heck I think even famous liked by nobody road on coat tails of everyone Mike Gillis wouldn't even pull this garbage.

Fire JR.

Yeah.

Benning wouldn’t make horribly embarrassing statements about sexual assault/sexual assault victim, make grossly tone deaf statements in the wake of a very real natural disaster, make literal unprofessional comments that would see him get fined by the league or insensitive comments about his team having Covid.

Oh, wait. Scratch that last one, cos he had f***ed off to Texas with Weisbrod during an actual crisis.

Jim Benning. Paragon of professionalism.

For someone who takes great pains to wear a progressive performative mask that first one should have had you seething.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad