GDT: Game 15: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils, 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Excited to see how Lavi has us setup. I'd be willing to bet the house we're gonna be playing differently than we ended last year.

Hope the boys come out fired up here, revenge game LFG

Reactions: Elvis P

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
locked in
1700337406453.png

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Remember when the Rangers opened the season with 2 games in 20 days? I think it was back in 2019.
This year, the Rangers have the honor of 8 games in 12 days in March which include the Pens, Bruins, TBL and a back to back against NJD and CAR. That back to back is one of 12!

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Hischier being out helps, but Zib has been a total dud all season and i doubt the week off helped him at all, since he's a guy who needs to build up momentum.

EVERYTHING is stacked against them.

Still no Fox.

Long break which always kills us.

Devils on the road.

Jack Hughes in the lineup.

If the Rongos win this game i'll be a true believer that this team is different.
Where did you hear/see Jack is in the lineup tonight?

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Where did you hear/see Jack is in the lineup tonight?
News earlier was Devils "hope" to have him back in the line-up for this game.

The New Jersey Devils may have their star center back in the lineup on Saturday night. Jack Hughes returned to practice with his teammates for the first time in two weeks. Hughes's availability will depend on how he is feeling after Friday's practice and a morning skate, leaving him a game-time decision.

Still a game-time decision AFAIK, but don't be surprised to see him flying around against us.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I can see how this is getting NJD fans heated and in a trolling mood. Understandable and valid.

Another way to look at this quote is perhaps Igor basically is thinking nothing special about this November regular season unless it was against the actual Cup winner; as in it's just an early game in the schedule, where standings don't mean much right now (despite what pundits say about American Thanksgiving)

News earlier was Devils "hope" to have him back in the line-up for this game.

Still a game-time decision AFAIK, but don't be surprised to see him flying around against us.
If you think I didn't have this game locked with a parlay of Hughes Anytime Goal and NJD regulation win, then call me insane

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I can see how this is getting NJD fans heated and in a trolling mood. Understandable and valid.

Another way to look at this quote is perhaps Igor basically is thinking nothing special about this November regular season unless it was against the actual Cup winner; as in it's just an early game in the schedule, where standings don't mean much right now (despite what pundits say about American Thanksgiving)

If you think I didn't have this game locked with a parlay of Hughes Anytime Goal and NJD regulation win, then call me insane
I had that bet locked in a week ago

Didn’t Jack Hughes pretty much admit that over the summer? At least as an “excuse” as to why they got dominated by Carolina, because they already won their cup in round 1?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Didn’t Jack Hughes pretty much admit that over the summer? At least as an “excuse” as to why they got dominated by Carolina, because they already won their cup in round 1?
I've seen this floated about here and on twitter, but I don't recall the interview? I don't know it was Jack or some other player that said that they got too emotional in R1, which led to not enough focus in R2 vs Canes.

But I've never seen the interview.

It makes sense tho, putting all your energy into beating your rivals and then you're emotionally exhausted and perhaps physically exhausted for the next round, especially after the decade of being irrelevancy until then.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Our boys need to take off the tuxedos and lay some body on the Hughes brothers.
Finish your checks Kakko, for god sake, Your Finnish! It’s in the name!
It would be nice if we could find a bit of Tikkanen in Kakko . H e was a heck of a player and also had THREE stints with the Rangers . Probably never happen....but one can hope !

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It's so unfortunate that Bread and Laffy were cooking and we had a week off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad