GDT: Game 15: Edmonton(5-9-0) @ Chicago(7-6-1) | 7 pm CT (WGN,NHLN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You may be right.

We will see.

I just think TT looks uncomfortable as hell as a LW, and putting him up against top competition is not going to help at all.

I just for the life of me can't understand why he's not playing 3C. Kero hasn't shown anything that suggests he's a better short term or long term option in that slot.

I honestly think he is the replacement for Hossa once he moves to the 3rd line. This gives out top 2 lines this look: 56-19-86 / 72-15-88.

We also need to remember we have a solid/good 3rd line center recovering in Danault. I think our 3rd line will soon be Danault/Hossa plus who ever they feel will be the best fit with that line. Maybe Schmaltz if he can develop correctly or Hartman.

On a completely different note I thin Kruger is hurt (wrist specifically) because he is not taking many draws.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I have been saying Hossa to the third line since last year....also got to understand that Hossa is not the same any longer and IMO he is a perfect fit for the 3rd line now that the league all wants a dangerous top 9.......

Dano/TT-JT-Shaw
P-Arty line
Dano/TT-Kero-Hossa
desi-kruger-Tik/garbutt

The day Andrew Shaw gets a top line slot ahead of Marian Hossa is the day the Blackhawks enter full rebuild.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Also, Svedberg is actively terrible at playing hockey, and it's a testament to Seabrook's physical training regimen that he's capable of carrying that much dead weight around the ice.

Discuss.

I agree. Far too weak with the puck and will not play the body at all. The swedish giant needs to go.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The day Andrew Shaw gets a top line slot ahead of Marian Hossa is the day the Blackhawks enter full rebuild.

the only guys getting top line spots on this team are Panarin-AA-Kane......

I don't get the fascination that Hossa has to be playing with JT

the third line glue should be Hossa, the second line glue should be JT

put whoever you want on the right side with JT but IMO for the hawks to ice the best roster and chance at repeating this year Hossa needs to be the 3rd line RW and that is not an indication of Hossa sucking it is the indication that both JT and Hossa can be the main cog in there own lines...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
the only guys getting top line spots on this team are Panarin-AA-Kane......

I don't get the fascination that Hossa has to be playing with JT

the third line glue should be Hossa, the second line glue should be JT

put whoever you want on the right side with JT but IMO for the hawks to ice the best roster and chance at repeating this year Hossa needs to be the 3rd line RW and that is not an indication of Hossa sucking it is the indication that both JT and Hossa can be the main cog in there own lines...

I'm not saying Hossa needs to stay there indefinitely, I'm simply saying Andrew Shaw has no business on the top line of a team trying to compete for anything significant.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm not saying Hossa needs to stay there indefinitely, I'm simply saying Andrew Shaw has no business on the top line of a team trying to compete for anything significant.

so try this then

????-JT-TT
P-Arty line
Dano-Kero-Hossa
??????-Kruger-???????

?????? = Shaw/Desi/Tikinov/Garbutt or a call up from the Rock....honestly I would like to see MacNiel get a shot at a call up.....

What I am hoping for is a trade in which Stan packages Shaw, Macniel and a D for a LWer.....

pretty clear by now that Q does not want to see TT at C and IMO he needs to play with a stud on his line as he can't carry a line just yet....

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Hossa can't be the guy on a real scoring line anymore.

agreed and it seems like TT likes the right side more than the left so the top 6 RW should be kane and TT.....

Hossa would be great with Kero on the third line, he would still see both PP and PK time..

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Hossa can't be the guy on a real scoring line anymore.

I don't think we have anyone better at RW to replace him on that line, I agree with JD in that I have no interest in seeing Shaw up there. I think the more important part is figuring out LW. Hossa is still a great complimentary player.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I don't think we have anyone better at RW to replace him on that line, I agree with JD in that I have no interest in seeing Shaw up there. I think the more important part is figuring out LW. Hossa is still a great complimentary player.[/QUOTE

why not

?-JT-TT
Party line
???-????-hossa

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
I don't think we have anyone better at RW to replace him on that line, I agree with JD in that I have no interest in seeing Shaw up there. I think the more important part is figuring out LW. Hossa is still a great complimentary player.[/QUOTE

why not

?-JT-TT
Party line
???-????-hossa

JT has played with TT 3-4 games already, (and it didn't work well), so what's new here ? Removing Hossa and adding Garbutt, Tichonov, Shaw or whoelse would make this line way better ?

Put Panarin sharpshooter to Toews/Hossa, they could feed him with nice passes, Panarin is exactly what 1st line needs. On the other side, Kane doesn't need Panarin or anyone else particularly to produce/score and TT has recently played his best games with Kane and it worked for both ... Hawks don't need single globetrotter/party OP line but two solid scoring lines on top.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Teravainen-AA-Kane

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'll tell you what just watched the game and this Gustafson is a player.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
JT has played with TT 3-4 games already, (and it didn't work well), so what's new here ? Removing Hossa and adding Garbutt, Tichonov, Shaw or whoelse would make this line way better ?

Put Panarin sharpshooter to Toews/Hossa, they could feed him with nice passes, Panarin is exactly what 1st line needs. On the other side, Kane doesn't need Panarin or anyone else particularly to produce/score and TT has recently played his best games with Kane and it worked for both ... Hawks don't need single globetrotter/party OP line but two solid scoring lines on top.

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Teravainen-AA-Kane

I agree. Panatin and Toews had enough scoring chances when played together, they just somehow couldn't score. But scoring will come to them rather sooner than later. It's just Garbutt is garbage, and Hossa helps more.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
TT doesn't look comfortable on the left side. Also, I don't think his game is a great fit with Hossa and Toews. I'd rather see TT at 3C or the 3RW.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 2m2 minutes ago
Crawford on if he prefers shot-filled periods: "I mean, when you're stopping 'em, yeah." #Blackhawks

hahaha
Not that far-fetched. It can be said if he or any netminder is constantly "in the zone" of being forced to stop pucks can stay in focus--to a point of course.

Still, he looked good after 2 bad games which is a good thing.

Also, Svedberg is actively terrible at playing hockey, and it's a testament to Seabrook's physical training regimen that he's capable of carrying that much dead weight around the ice.

Discuss.
I won't hold this all on Svedberg, after all it looked like Daley, Hjammer, and Seabrook's controllers were disconnected repeatedly all NJ game.

Guys will have bad outings regardless of Skill and Svedberg as yet has been more good than bad. Even though Gustaffson and TVR have been better, Svedberg is still head and shoulders above Runblad.

That being said, it was really not that different than Keith carrying Rosvial's carcass in the playoffs last year. Maybe Svedberg's the odd-man out when Keith returns. I wouldn't be against that.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I've been intrigued by Svedberg. His body and reach can be a huge asset. I think he's been ok.

I think Svedberg has some really good potential.
Look at Chara, it took him a few years to develop .. not that Svedberg will become a Chara but his size is a plus once he puts it all together.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I think Svedberg has some really good potential.
Look at Chara, it took him a few years to develop .. not that Svedberg will become a Chara but his size is a plus once he puts it all together.

I think all our D have been fine.

What does Q think? Well, Sved is playing 20 minutes a game. I think he has been more than fine. Gust and Daley are getting 13-14 sheltered minutes a game. We don't notice since that is more than the 5-6 minutes our #6 was playing last playoffs.

I REALLY like Gust so far in 14 minutes a game.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Edmonton isn't a very good Team. most of their chances were with Hall - RNH - Draisaitl on the ice.
Crawford has won us this game along with the 2nd line.

Way too close than it should have been against a 2 Line offensiv Team without good goaltending and a good D.
Happy with the W, but I don't think this was a good game for us.
Svedberg has had enough Troubles, Gustafsson needs a bit more time but in sheltered minutes he isn't a Problem. Daley will go on a scoring streak at some Point this season. He has the chances but can't bury them. This game again a good Chance that could/should have been a Goal.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Edmonton isn't a very good Team. most of their chances were with Hall - RNH - Draisaitl on the ice.
Crawford has won us this game along with the 2nd line.

Way too close than it should have been against a 2 Line offensiv Team without good goaltending and a good D.
Happy with the W, but I don't think this was a good game for us.
Svedberg has had enough Troubles, Gustafsson needs a bit more time but in sheltered minutes he isn't a Problem. Daley will go on a scoring streak at some Point this season. He has the chances but can't bury them. This game again a good Chance that could/should have been a Goal.

I don't agree with all of the above but do agree that the Oiler team we saw was poor. Hawks will need to be much better going forward - can't afford to take periods off (like the second)- can't afford to have only one line as a scoring threat - can't afford to let teams back in a game that have no business being there - can't afford to have a PP that is inconsistent to put it mildly - can't afford to stick check all night with no physicality whatsoever - can't afford passengers, and there are too many at times for this team.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
THE big concern though is why lines #1,#3,and #4 are playing so poorly...Line #3 is very young if Dano Kero and TT compose a kid line..As we have seen nobody has played LW on line #1 and made it click..Is that the LW candidates fault or the play of Toews (inconsistent) and Hossa (falling off the cliff) causing it not to produce? AS FOR LINE #4..No points in 15 GP for the duo of Desjardins and Kruger....Shaw has been mostly on line #4 but they have tried him on line #3 and at LW on line #1 in certain games and shifts during games..

Looking at the EDM game,we see that Toews and Hossa each mustered 1 measly shot on goal...not enough for a combined $15.7 million of cap hit...they will never score much generation g so few shots on goal.
.so do we criticize them at that pay level or some cheap grunt they put at LW on the line? Toews has to get interested in playing his A game more than a couple of third period shifts..I think he can and must elevate his play..As to Hossa not sure he can elevate anymore.We have seen zero evidence of that so far when he has played.

AS TO line #3 ...do not expect that much from such a young line if it stays young..
As TO line #4..do not understand why the games of Desjardins and Kruger have regressed over last season's play and how good they were in the playoffs...But it is what it is..UNLESS they come around we are certainly a more vulnerable squad..

If line #3 is not going to produce much anyway we might as well put Hossa on it ...So who should play with Toews on the wings on line #1?

There was a terrific shift when Q put Desjardins at RW and Shaw at LW with Toews fir one shift only in the EDM game..They could try this shakeup ...you never know
..Maybe for some reason unfathomable it works?
In that case;Garbutt Kruger and Tikhonov would be line #4 and it could not be any worse than it has been ...I think?
OR Dano is on line #4..

So Shaw Toews Desjardins
Panarin Anisimov Kane
TT Kero Hossa
Dano Kruger Garbutt/Tikhunov
Or flip Dano to line #1 at RW and Desjardins stays at LW on line #4...Either way maybe this lineup is better than any with Hossa 9n line #1 because that simply is NOT working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig