GDT: Game 15: Edmonton(5-9-0) @ Chicago(7-6-1) | 7 pm CT (WGN,NHLN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois

Qevg1wI.png

Sunday, November 8th
7:00 PM CT
WGN,NHLN

United-Center.jpg

6DgSV9x.png
vqSlYYy.png

oJ4SqDb.png
1v0fopG.png

Click Here for the full Blackhawks-Oilers Preview
Yahoo! Sports said:
Chicago returns home after dropping to 0-5-0 when giving up the first goal. It had won six straight at home before blowing a three-goal lead in Wednesday's 6-5 overtime loss to St. Louis.

The Oilers have scored first in each of their last two games, though defenseman Oscar Klefborn's second-period tally was all they could muster in Friday's 2-1 home loss to Pittsburgh. Winger Jordan Eberle made his season debut after missing the first 13 games with a shoulder injury, but Justin Schultz (back), Lauri Korpikoski (head) and Rob Klinkhammer (leg) remain sidelined.

Edmonton had totaled 31 goals over its previous nine games but also missed McDavid, who could miss up to three months after suffering a broken collarbone Tuesday. The No. 1 pick in the 2015 draft was second on the team with five goals and seven assists.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sidney Brown ‏@sidkid80 15m15 minutes ago
After being benched after the 1st period on Friday vs. Devils, Corey Crawford will get the start in net vs. Edmonton tonight. #Blackhawks

Sidney Brown ‏@sidkid80 18m18 minutes ago
#Blackhawks starting lines in tonight's game vs. Oilers: 1) 86-19-81, 2) 72-15-88, 3) 56-67-65 & 4) 11-16-14. #EDMvsCHI #NHL #RedMachine

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I hope Hawks have learned their lesson against these guys. If they try playing shinny and trading scoring chances, Oilers are liable to wipe the floor with them. And this year they have the goaltending. Hawks simply can't let them free wheel.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well the 4th line is Desjardins Kruger and Tikhonov tonight..Call them the negative piles up line...I wonder which Edmonton guy wants to be Gagner Hawks shame tonight ? I also w9nder why anyone thinks that Mr. $10.5 million #1 will decide to show up and produce multi-point tonight just because he has young first rounder talent at LW and of course the return of Hossa...I mean what other C in the NHL could possibly fail to have a big night with those 2 on his wings? Surely all he has to do is get the puck to them so they can fire pucks past the EDM goalie? Others have done that to the Oilers ...surely all the talent 9n line #1 SHOULD too...But Toews has so few assists so far this yeR and so few 5x5 goals..So if they defer to him and he only fires 2 shots on goal again st EDM for gosh sakes..then get out the hangman's noose for him.not showing g up.. $10.5 million and with thise 2 wi gers and if that link e stinks or fails in this very important game for the 2 points then panic should set in..All three on that line have to show up with an A effort...nor more excuses. .As to line #2..Well if Kane shows up to play they will have a good night too.The hard part is to get BOTH top 2 lines playing their A game..Because we know you cannot expect that much from the bottom 2 lines .

As to stopping the puck....even if our team defense 8 our zone continues to stink..we simply MUST have CC return to from whatever bad place he has been the last 2 games..Wet he'd will not cut it..He probably let's one in 9n the first shot or first 5 shots he faces..Then his response to us having to climb back from behind the 8-ball .will be crucial..If he wilts this will be another embarrassment. .If he coes back from the dead to right his ship...then we should have the confidence to cone back and dock this ship in this game.What 8 do not want to ask if we blow thus game: 1. Should we panic if Hossa clearly over the cliff? 2.What us wrong with Toews for the money we bestow on him? 3. What planet is CC on? 4. Short-leash for Q ? 5. WTF?

We might take c9mfort that we have played better at home Tha our road mess this year so far..BUT if they think all it takes is to put on the jersey and Edmonton ton will just roll over...we will get clobbered and embarrassed. .God help them if we get thoroughly embarrassed.

I am sure our scowl meister coach has laid down the LW after 2 fiasco. .Whether it resonates or they have tuned him.out remains to be seen. Just do not make me vomit with some 8-2 Edmonton win because some hero for them wants to duplicate a night for the ages ....going down in the Anals...oops I meant annals...WE had better not poop this deck....again.
ls

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If we show up to play, we can free wheel with anybody. They can't show up expecting to win. We are more talented than the Oilers.

Perhaps we CAN, but it isn't the way to play these guys. They'd love a wide open game and Talbot has played some pretty solid hockey going back to last season when Lunqwist went down. (I assume Talbot is in)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Perhaps we CAN, but it isn't the way to play these guys. They'd love a wide open game and Talbot has played some pretty solid hockey going back to last season when Lunqwist went down. (I assume Talbot is in)

Talbot has a .897 sv pct and is getting outplayed by Nilsson

If that is solid hockey I assume Crawford year so far would be considered "Amazing"

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Talbot has a .897 sv pct and is getting outplayed by Nilsson

If that is solid hockey I assume Crawford year so far would be considered "Amazing"

Numbers, numbers, numbers.... they mean little unless you can tell me that you have watched the games and the shots were not of quality. Can you?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Numbers, numbers, numbers.... they mean little unless you can tell me that you have watched the games and the shots were not of quality. Can you?

Can you tell us that the shots he's faced this year were all of quality? If not, it makes most sense to go with bwc's scenario that a .897 isn't so good.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can tell you Crawford is a significantly better goalie than Talbot and has had a significantly better season to date than Talbot.

Eye tests and stats

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can tell you Crawford is a significantly better goalie than Talbot and has had a significantly better season to date than Talbot.

Eye tests and stats

Well, I hafta take your word for it then.

Let's hope our Corey outplays Talbot tonight.... or Nilsson, our ex-prospect who was highly touted and is another modern day goalie at 6 foot 5. Both are pretty dam good from what I have seen.

GO HAWKS!

Church of Toews*

Yay another broadcast on WGN which i can't watch while I'm in school outside of the Chicago area wish CSN could save me

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

So are you telling me you've watched EVERY Oilers game and that every shot against has been quality?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It means based on the sample, this is what we know.

BWC brought something to the table. You have brought nothing but ignorance. It's old.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I hope Hawks have learned their lesson against these guys. If they try playing shinny and trading scoring chances, Oilers are liable to wipe the floor with them. And this year they have the goaltending. Hawks simply can't let them free wheel.

LOL, Edmonton near the bottom of the league in GAA.

Talbot has a save % of .897, same old Oilers.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It means based on the sample, this is what we know.

BWC brought something to the table. You have brought nothing but ignorance. It's old.

So let me get this straight. You think every goalies save percentage is indicative of their skill. Doesn't matter what team that goalie plays for. In this case we're comparing the defensive ability of Oilers vs Blackhawks. I wonder what CC's save percentage would be playing there? The same? I highly doubt it.

What's old is the ignorance of some that I have to explain that. Dam.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I know it would just give us more trouble, but I really wish McDavid was playing.

Oh wait, just realized I can't watch this on TV. That stinks.

Also, take it easy guys.. Come on now, we don't start this type of bickering until the game begins! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad