GDT: Game 15: Edmonton(5-9-0) @ Chicago(7-6-1) | 7 pm CT (WGN,NHLN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
My God where are the other 3 lines?

Putting TT on the 1st line crushes it. The line's worst possession games have all been with TT up there. I'd give Dano a try up there with Hossa and Toews before letting TT back up there.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Thats the #50 I Know and love!!!! What a second period!
tumblr_mv6k5pcTQP1rs8jbdo1_500.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Putting TT on the 1st line crushes it. The line's worst possession games have all been with TT up there. I'd give Dano a try up there with Hossa and Toews before letting TT back up there.

Like I have said before I think Q needs to give it some time before changing to see if they gel.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I wanna see Q try this for 3 games.....

Dano-JT-Shaw
Panarin-AA-Kane
TT-Kero-Hossa
desi-kruger-tik/garbutt

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Aa even better than we thought. I agree with someone above, play dano with hossa his hero. First game dano played with him and it showed. Dano had some jump early. Tt on the 3rd line with Garnbutt and shaw? Man we need some F that can score. Kero looked flat all game.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
So Kane needs to average exactly a point per game for the rest of the year to hit 90. Very doable

His goal scoring won't stay this hot, but a good chance he can hit 40 goals as well.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 2m2 minutes ago
Crawford on if he prefers shot-filled periods: "I mean, when you're stopping 'em, yeah." #Blackhawks

hahaha

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We were lucky CC kept us in during that horrible no show 2nd period..We won while again deciding to compete for only parts of a game ...luckily we won 2/3 of the game...1st and 3rd periids...Went 9n vacation in the 2nd period..This is NOT what any fan or coach wants to see..We want compete hard for all 60 minutes ..but due to CC and the 2nd line talent 8n scoring we had enough to win by 0laying 9nly 40 minutes..Against better teams than EDM this formula will not work as well..We are not going to get 4 goal nights from a single line many nights..As for line #1 ...Toews emerges from slumber (he wasn't good for 2 periods nor was his line) in the 3rd period..Playing hard 1/3 of a game is hardly leadership but he gets 0raised for "elevate g" (better puck possesion and o-zone tome) and hanging our WANT with elevated play on several shifts early I the 3rd period..But where was thus switch "on" for him in the 1st and 2nd? He was too busy cheque cashing till he decided he wanted to compete for a change...Line #1 had 8ts best shift with both Hossa and TT 9ff it..when 9f all combos our genius Blender coach put Shaw on LW and Desjardins for the first time all year on RW with Toews and miracle of miracles tge puck was tge EDM zone the entire long long shift as they controlled the play with hard forechecking. .but after that momentum changiing shift,Q refuses to keep them together and goes back t9 TT and Hossa with Toews again..Right After he used Shaw and Desjardins with Toews on that 8 e shift...he put TT with Kero and Hossa. .and guess what? THEY TOO HAD A GREAT SHIFT for the 9ne time Q had them together..S9 what are we to make of this? I conclude that Both TT and Hossa are not good fits with Toews...but they m8ght not be bad with each other as long as they play with another center...and so while 8t may be hard to swallow..the facts are Zero points and poorer possesion and o-zone time with TT and Hossa on his w8 gs..8f Toews feels he has to compete harder with lesser talents like Shaw and Desjardins or any other combo but TT and Hossa..then 5hat will be better for us..because we need an egged interested Toews..not a go through the motions and TT or Hossa will do something...If TT and Hossa feel that "deferring" to the great Toews to do it all for them will.magically let them impact a game...they are wrong...clearly it has not worked...But if they feel they must 0laying better with the rookie Kero to help him not look bad out there. .then That will be better for our team...Why Q did not stick with the new combos after one shift for each of the new trios is beyond me..Sure he wanted a "change-up" but then he goes right back to what has clearly failed. .. The 2 new lines at least for a shift each looked tge best tge first and 3rd lines have looked on any shifts so far thus year! BUT he just could not trust his eyes...so Q goes back to not clicking trios again..What an idiot! At least he had the sense to put back Panarin with Anisimov and Kane because they are the only line that has clicked all season so far when 8n fames together..Can hardly ask for more than 4 goals for one line...BUT untill he fixes lines #1 and #3 to click ...then we are reduced to a one line hockey team ..that is not enough to win consistemtly.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Like I have said before I think Q needs to give it some time before changing to see if they gel.

Ok, but you better not be in the chorus of people demanding more production from the top line when they're getting hemmed in their own zone every game as they 'gel' :laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ok, but you better not be in the chorus of people demanding more production from the top line when they're getting hemmed in their own zone every game as they 'gel' :laugh:

I think you know by now I won't be but I am of the old school thought that this not NHL16 and players are not instantly used to playing with each other. "Gelling" is actually a thing.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I think you know by now I won't be but I am of the old school thought that this not NHL16 and players are not instantly used to playing with each other. "Gelling" is actually a thing.

I'm not against the idea of gelling inherently, but I am a supporter of the idea of complementary and opposing skill-sets and play styles.

We'll see what happens.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not against the idea of gelling inherently, but I am a supporter of the idea of complementary and opposing skill-sets and play styles.

We'll see what happens.

TT has a lot of playmaking ability and Toews and Hossa are scorers. This is why I think it can work if they release a bit from the cylce and jump in a few more shooting lanes. This will open the ice a bit and help TT. Just little tweaks here and there and I think it can work.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
TT has a lot of playmaking ability and Toews and Hossa are scorers. This is why I think it can work if they release a bit from the cylce and jump in a few more shooting lanes. This will open the ice a bit and help TT. Just little tweaks here and there and I think it can work.

You may be right.

We will see.

I just think TT looks uncomfortable as hell as a LW, and putting him up against top competition is not going to help at all.

I just for the life of me can't understand why he's not playing 3C. Kero hasn't shown anything that suggests he's a better short term or long term option in that slot.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Also, Svedberg is actively terrible at playing hockey, and it's a testament to Seabrook's physical training regimen that he's capable of carrying that much dead weight around the ice.

Discuss.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
We were lucky CC kept us in during that horrible no show 2nd period..We won while again deciding to compete for only parts of a game ...luckily we won 2/3 of the game...1st and 3rd periids...Went 9n vacation in the 2nd period..This is NOT what any fan or coach wants to see..We want compete hard for all 60 minutes ..but due to CC and the 2nd line talent 8n scoring we had enough to win by 0laying 9nly 40 minutes..Against better teams than EDM this formula will not work as well..We are not going to get 4 goal nights from a single line many nights..As for line #1 ...Toews emerges from slumber (he wasn't good for 2 periods nor was his line) in the 3rd period..Playing hard 1/3 of a game is hardly leadership but he gets 0raised for "elevate g" (better puck possesion and o-zone tome) and hanging our WANT with elevated play on several shifts early I the 3rd period..But where was thus switch "on" for him in the 1st and 2nd? He was too busy cheque cashing till he decided he wanted to compete for a change...Line #1 had 8ts best shift with both Hossa and TT 9ff it..when 9f all combos our genius Blender coach put Shaw on LW and Desjardins for the first time all year on RW with Toews and miracle of miracles tge puck was tge EDM zone the entire long long shift as they controlled the play with hard forechecking. .but after that momentum changiing shift,Q refuses to keep them together and goes back t9 TT and Hossa with Toews again..Right After he used Shaw and Desjardins with Toews on that 8 e shift...he put TT with Kero and Hossa. .and guess what? THEY TOO HAD A GREAT SHIFT for the 9ne time Q had them together..S9 what are we to make of this? I conclude that Both TT and Hossa are not good fits with Toews...but they m8ght not be bad with each other as long as they play with another center...and so while 8t may be hard to swallow..the facts are Zero points and poorer possesion and o-zone time with TT and Hossa on his w8 gs..8f Toews feels he has to compete harder with lesser talents like Shaw and Desjardins or any other combo but TT and Hossa..then 5hat will be better for us..because we need an egged interested Toews..not a go through the motions and TT or Hossa will do something...If TT and Hossa feel that "deferring" to the great Toews to do it all for them will.magically let them impact a game...they are wrong...clearly it has not worked...But if they feel they must 0laying better with the rookie Kero to help him not look bad out there. .then That will be better for our team...Why Q did not stick with the new combos after one shift for each of the new trios is beyond me..Sure he wanted a "change-up" but then he goes right back to what has clearly failed. .. The 2 new lines at least for a shift each looked tge best tge first and 3rd lines have looked on any shifts so far thus year! BUT he just could not trust his eyes...so Q goes back to not clicking trios again..What an idiot! At least he had the sense to put back Panarin with Anisimov and Kane because they are the only line that has clicked all season so far when 8n fames together..Can hardly ask for more than 4 goals for one line...BUT untill he fixes lines #1 and #3 to click ...then we are reduced to a one line hockey team ..that is not enough to win consistemtly.

I have been saying Hossa to the third line since last year....also got to understand that Hossa is not the same any longer and IMO he is a perfect fit for the 3rd line now that the league all wants a dangerous top 9.......

Dano/TT-JT-Shaw
P-Arty line
Dano/TT-Kero-Hossa
desi-kruger-Tik/garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad