GDT: Game 15 | Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild | 6:00 PM EST | FS-D

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
The good vibes are spreading!

Sticky bun come soon!

LOL. Only problem is, we've had a hard time playing a full 60 mins for years now. But I'm used to seeing us only show up for the last 10-15 minutes of a game, so it is nice to see such a spark from the guys right from the jump tonight.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
****!! forgot they were playing today at 6:00?? on a Sunday. Whata weird start time. Good to see Passha's back and ok.:phew: Nose scores.:handclap:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Why did Kronwall throw it right infront of the goal with 1 sec left?

It was just beyond comprehension. It literally makes no sense for a guy with more than 1 game of experience to make that decision. Lashoff also covered his butt on that power play where a Wild player was going to split the two and go to the net. Lashoff had a nice poke check.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
You gotta figure that Daniels, Mickey and Murph have a variation of the Super Troopers "meow game" going this year with Brunner- seeing who can sneak in the most nose references per game.

Yep, I cannot count how many times they have said that "he has a nose for the net."

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I just have to point out... Samuelsson has shot 1 completely wide and 1 into the goaltenders chest :laugh:

Also, Murph said Brunner "sniffed that one out" on the goal. I felt like only one who caught that.

Shots on net are fine, it resulted in a juicy rebound. Won't say no to that
And Filppula almost scored there. That was a very good chance.
Huskins looks good out there. the second line is hit or miss, with Flip pressing a bit. You can almost see him wanting to not be aggressive but then forcing himself to do it.
I thought Filppula looked better at center than wing.

This Tatar kid looks good. I think Babcock should give him a shift with big guns and see what he can do.

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, the injection of youth, including Emmerton really solidifying himself this season is paying dividends. I think we instinctively default to burying guys but I don't think Holland or Babcock are stupid, far from it. My hope is with Babs going public saying he wanted Smith last season and with Holland completely whiffing during free agency, that Holland will give Babs what he wants. Lashoff? Andersson? Tatar? Let Babs have what he wants.

Mrazek is a tough call. If Howard isn't on top of his game then maybe Mrazek gets more starts. Grand Rapids is very good with Mrazek in net so that is one case where I can see the organization sending Mrazek down when Gustavsson is healthy. I am a huge Mrazek fan but he has to be the #1 in either Detroit or Grand Rapids and I do think GR is the best spot for him this season.

Yeah, for sure, when it comes to Mrazek I'm for him going back down the Griffins once Gustavsson is healthy enough to return. I mentioned it a few games back that as much as I like Mrazek, I'm also a Gustavsson supporter. He played behind a porous Leafs defense for two years and some times was left out to dry completely. He's much better than his stat line would have you believe though. Haha, he may be the exact opposite of Mrazek in terms of personality though. He can get hot headed and frustrated, but then again, the fishbowl that is Toronto has a tendency to do that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I just have to point out... Samuelsson has shot 1 completely wide and 1 into the goaltenders chest :laugh:

Also, Murph said Brunner "sniffed that one out" on the goal. I felt like only one who caught that.

Murph better be careful with that. He can suck up a bus with that shnozola. If he sniffs too hard he might get the goalie and the net all in one.:laugh:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
2 Kids and an Old Goat line. We used to do it have kids play with vets, it gave us two of our best players.

For some reason they've been reluctant for the past few years.

Playing with Hull and Shanahan

<>

Playing with Cleary and Bertuzzi

Those old teams had 8 and 10 and 12 Hall of Famers on them. That will never happen again.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, for sure, when it comes to Mrazek I'm for him going back down the Griffins once Gustavsson is healthy enough to return. I mentioned it a few games back that as much as I like Mrazek, I'm also a Gustavsson supporter. He played behind a porous Leafs defense for two years and some times was left out to dry completely. He's much better than his stat line would have you believe though. Haha, he may be the exact opposite of Mrazek in terms of personality though. He can get hot headed and frustrated, but then again, the fishbowl that is Toronto has a tendency to do that.

It's awesome that Mrazek has gotten off to such a brilliant start to his pro career. The fact he's gotten some NHL action and has looked great has got to be a huge confidence builder. Not that the guy has ever lacked confidence! The only way I see him as the #1 in Detroit is if Howard isn't healthy so I think he'll continue to dominate in the AHL once Gustavsson finishes his conditioning stint.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Great shot by Pavel but he had a LOT of net to shoot at from that replay. Kuemper was way too far to his right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad