Goal-Day Thread Game 15: Coytoes @ Penguins - 5PM - FSAZ+

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I can assure you the Penguins won’t squander their lead going into the third and lose in over time.

Reactions: Jakey53

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
And I am turning this one off. See you tomorrow when we get f***ed by the Caps, too.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well it was nice to have a little winning streak. We're still not a playoff team. Still don't have a first line and I still don't think Galchenyuk is a center. Hope we didn't get robbed in that deal and he has more to show.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Need another offensive game changer. This is why we should roll the dice on Puljujarvi or someone.

Also need to go .500 on the trip. So either a point tonight or tomorrow, and then a win in Detroit.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Well we are what we are...our top two lines are nowhere near as good as a majority of the rest of the leagues top two. Construction still in progress.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Let's try some salt: Embarrassing to see all the empty seats in a nice arena downtown a major city, with a possible dynasty playing. :razz:

Reactions: Murf

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Our talent has a harder road against their better talent. We're still picking the puck up and getting some decent shots and scoring chances. Hino put it right into the chest protector in the 2nd period. I will be more worried when the chances dry up.

We do still have a tough time establishing some quality consecutive shots on the offensive end. I feel like one of the good/bad things about our team is the good is that a lot of our goals have come in transition or transition into breakaways, like many of our SH goals. That means that we are turning the puck back the other way quickly and catching teams off-guard (which is good), however, how the bad is how often is that supposed to work out in a game? And when our transition game isn't working out as smoothly (such as this game), where is scoring going to come from when we fail to work the puck around 5-on-5? We know that our PP isn't proficient enough to make that up, so where else can we get that scoring from?

Defense has been great for most of the year and is what has kept us in games. Guess there was always something to that defense first philosophy, even for an up-tempo coach. This is one of those games that Pittsburgh is desperate for - they would give anything to end a 5 game losing streak.

GSMC Goat

Oct 7, 2017
Chicago,IL
Whoever defended Kuemper just look at the Pittsburgh backup.........he is totally robbing the Coyotes and he’s a BACKUP!! I am pretty sure he’s the same as Kuemper?? That’s what the good goalies do in the NHL level......STOP PUCKS!!! This is called talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad