GDT: Game 15: Columbus at Washington | 11/11 7PM EST

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
We actually got a couple of lucky bounces those last five minutes. We need something like that to get out of this rut.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Why is it that every other team will take shots from anywhere in the zone and the Jackets try, try and try to set up a perfect shot that never works? Just shoot the puck! God knows that not shooting isn't working. Shoot blindly in the general direction of the net... you know, blind squirrel, yada, yada, yada. I believe this may be the most upset I have been with this team in all of the years that I have been watching.

Am I the only one that is thinking that perhaps the team and the prospects aren't nearly as deep as we had wanted to believe?

The problem is between the pipes. McBackup and Frosberg haven't gotten it done. 0-5-1 since bob went down. With a sieve in the crease, all the talent in the world would be wasted.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH

Yes, yes it is

ekFbfGv.png

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
CBJ! CBJ! CBJ!

Decent road period. Hopefully we're getting back to how we can play. Jenner is just incredible.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
The problem is between the pipes. McBackup and Frosberg haven't gotten it done. 0-5-1 since bob went down. With a sieve in the crease, all the talent in the world would be wasted.

Really, the problem with McElhinney isn't that he's a sieve, it's that he's made of rubber. Pucks bounce off of him like no goalie I've seen in years. This really isn't new. He had the same problem last year, but had the benefit of a better, more experienced team in front of him to clean up.

I hope he can somehow pull it together for the rest of tonight. The last save was encouraging, even if he still had no idea where the puck was.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Really, the problem with McElhinney isn't that he's a sieve, it's that he's made of rubber. Pucks bounce off of him like no goalie I've seen in years. This really isn't new. He had the same problem last year, but had the benefit of a better, more experienced team in front of him to clean up.

I hope he can somehow pull it together for the rest of tonight. The last save was encouraging, even if he still had no idea where the puck was.

Lets be honest here. We're both right. Ones that don't bounce off of him go past him.

I've been hammering CM about his rebounds a long time, check previous game threads. Its terrible.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Intermission OT.... The Rangers are unreal this season, Nash too..... I'm hoping the ex CBJ on that team go deep this season...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Intermission OT.... The Rangers are unreal this season, Nash too..... I'm hoping the ex CBJ on that team go deep this season...

They're not going very far unless Henrik is playoff Henrik again.

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Yeah I don't remember if there were any other minor pieces but it was centered around Zherdev for Tyutin

I just remembered I could ask the interwebs. From CBJ site: " Acquired with Christian Backman from NY Rangers in exchange for Nikolai Zherdev and Dan Fritsche July 2, 2008" :)amazed:)

I cannot believe how long it's been. I was still with my scheming ex-wife!

thebus2288*

When was the last time a CBJ player hit another guy and actually bothered him? (aside from the Johnson suspension)? I seriously can't remember. This is like watching checking in the preseason.

Hartnell. Although it seemed to piss more guys off in here than it did the other team. Just like the JJ hit actually.

Where's our $10 million dollar man?!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad