GDT: Game 15: Columbus at Washington | 11/11 7PM EST

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
There are lots of folks we miss, but I think a subtle one is Letestu because he covers a lot of holes in his ability to play multiple positions on about any line, while also being the most effective penalty killer. I'm not saying he would saved us in these games nor that he is the best player out of action, but I also don't think we would be working on a nine game skid.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Fewest points in any nine-game stretch in franchise history.

And still not bad enough to be in last.

Dammit Buffalo, at least let us win the McDavid sweepstakes.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have been hesitant to criticize JK but increasingly this is on him. He made the decision to go into a season where we were seeking a deep playoff run with CMAC as the back up goalie. He is the one who decided that DMac was expendable on the fourth line. Two very bad decisions that have hurt us. It is on him from here on out to make amends.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I have been hesitant to criticize JK but increasingly this is on him. He made the decision to go into a season where we were seeking a deep playoff run with CMAC as the back up goalie. He is the one who decided that DMac was expendable on the fourth line. Two very bad decisions that have hurt us. It is on him from here on out to make amends.

Those are my two criticisms of him. McB got resigned due to his play while Bob was out last year. Credit to him, he kept us in it, but his past play showed that that was an anomaly. Curtis should not have been brought back. And letting Mac go was inexcusable. He was the cog on the fourth line that got things going. Even once the rookies come up we'll need 4th liners. He's perfect in his role.

Otherwise I'm kinda meh towards Jarmo right now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Seriously though who would hAve thought we would lose ALL of our centers besides Johansen. If we have Anisimov and Letestu we don't lose this many games. Johansen looks beat and thankfully Jenner has stepped up in a BIG way. But we need our center depth back more then anything. We play a team defense and rely on our defense to contribute on our offensive production, neither of which has happened this year, mostly because of injuries. For me it's still hard to fault Jarmo for this. Nobody could have seen this many injuries plaguing the team this season all at once.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Nobody should cry over Noah Hanifin.
Don't really follow prospects but all I hear is McDavid this and Eichel that. Quick google on Hanifin and it would look like him on 1 pairing and Murray on another would look sweet for Columbus. Interesting that he was was paired with Columbus pick, Ryan Collins during The World's under 18 tournament.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

It would also be nice to have Comeau right about now as well. Looks like JK might have let those Vets walk one season too early.

McElhinney's numbers: 0-5-1, 3.76 goals-against average, and .887 save%.

:help:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
It would also be nice to have Comeau right about now as well. Looks like JK might have let those Vets walk one season too early.

McElhinney's numbers: 0-5-1, 3.76 goals-against average, and .887 save%.

:help:

I'll agree with everyone's take on Curtis and DMac, but not Comeau. Never liked him and don't miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00