Peters

Inactive
Hillen

Injured
Erskine, Laich, Orlov, Volpatti, Wilson​

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Top 2 lines don't look bad to me. Hopefully they play well and 3rd and 4th plus D plus McB also play well. Seeing will be believing.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
You guys should actually read the article.

I did. Still don't get what's surprising.

The 4th line when healthy should be Skille - Letestu - and I guess Boll, maybe Tropp.

The 3rd line when healthy should be something like Calvert - Anisimov - Jenner.

There's been no consistency game to game because there's been so many injuries. Michael Chaput is not a bottom line guy - at least he hasn't played that role his whole career.

Dano and Wennberg don't project to be bottom 6 forwards. Projected 3rd and 4th liners are playing up in the lineup. Guys who aren't slotted to play in the bottom 6 are suddenly filling in those positions. The entire 3rd line tonight should either be in Springfield or on the 4th line.

I don't get the surprise. Outside of Boll, guys are playing new positions, new minutes, new roles. Richards has a vision of the 4th line in particular being an "energy" line, checking hard, etc. Well the replacements aren't all Blake Comeau's and DMac's in waiting.

I think DBJ did a much better job of detailing WHY/HOW it's been different this year, with some love for Mackenzie. http://darkbluejacket.blogspot.com/2014/11/why-cbj-misses-derek-mackenzie.html

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
After that bit of public call out I think the 3rd and 4th line will step up. I hope they do it with energy - Good hockey vs. goonery.

I think we also need to get Johansen motivated. maybe he's been tired and maybe he's been keyed on but his play has been less attack and too much conserve. We need him engaged and aggressive.

I predict 4 - 2 Jackets. Johansen with 2 points, and the scoring spread across lines.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yes they've been bad..mainly b/c our 3rd and 4th lines are playing on the 2nd and 3rd...missing nearly 2 full lines right now means we don't actually get to have a bottom six...some of you are really getting insufferable with this...we just need to stay close...thankfully the other teams in our division aren't pulling away...

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
Tonight is the night.

when two become one? (god I hate myself for knowing that lyric)

In all seriousness though, we are far from out of the race. We are only 7 points out of 3rd in the division. Now, in fairness, we do need to start getting some Ws on the board soon. The guys just really need to get a quick start out of the gate and rattle Holtby as he has been McBackupesque (of last year) for them so he is very beatable. I say Jackets 3 Capitals 2 in regulation.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Back after my one game hiatus. I can't stay mad at them.

I as well predict a win tonight. I'm also expecting big things from the bottom 6. Earn that A on your sweater Boll. (not to mention your paycheck.)

JoeCBJfan

Jun 11, 2014
First a Question:
Has anybody seen something I Haven't...What did Dano do to get Scratched?

Also, In the Real World when people are Injured/Out of Work, usually people naturally step up to fill shoes... I can't help but notice a certain 4th liner can't even get bumped to the third...

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
First a Question:
Has anybody seen something I Haven't...What did Dano do to get Scratched?

Also, In the Real World when people are Injured/Out of Work, usually people naturally step up to fill shoes... I can't help but notice a certain 4th liner can't even get bumped to the third...

For some unknown reason Dano got reassigned to Springy for Dana Tyrell...no idea why considering Tyrell is garbage. The only thing I can think of is that they want to give Dano big minutes instead of fourth line scraps. I'd rather have Dano up here and I'm not even a huge fan of his, but what do I know?

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I posted this quote from the Caps GDT in the Hartnell thread, but thought it also belongs here. This is from Barry Trotz:

Fourteen years ago tonight, Blue Jackets left wing Scott Hartnell scored his first NHL goal as an 18-year-old member of the Nashville Predators. Barry Trotz was behind the bench that night against the Boston Bruins.

“We were in an expansion era and he was 18 years old and we thought we could be patient with him but we didn’t have enough players that were good enough,” Trotz recalled.

“He was a real big body for us. We had a small team. What he continues to do is he always works hard. He goes to those hard areas. He always played with emotion on his sleeve. He was a good young player for us and he’s had a great career.

“If you’re going to find Scott Hartnell, there’s always a yard sale around him. There’s always debris, be it players or him or equipment. That’s from going to hard areas.

“On the ice he plays edgy and sort of raw and off the ice he’s as considerate and as nice a man you’re going to meet in the game.”

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hartnell with the harttrick, foligno with a goal, Joey with assist on each but we still lose.

4-2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad