GDT: Game 15 - CBJ at CHI - 11 Feb, 8pm

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Shockingly Chicago is ahead of us winning percentage wise. Gotta put them back into their place with Detroit.

4 points or bust.

If not for two Elvis brain farts, we couldn’ve gotten 4 points last time. Now we have angry Laine, so I don’t see why we can’t do it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The only benching I wanna hear about tonight:

blue-emu-pain-relief-cream-baseball-field-ft-johnny-bench-large-9.jpg

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I think this game is going to be 6-3.. a scoring frenzy. Not sure who is going to win.. Just kidding Tex pots 2 in his 9 minutes of ice time - Laine gets the other 4 goals for the good guys. Still love a good italian beef sandwich with au jus and hot giardiniera peppers.. but I can get a pretty good version at Loops in Grandview rather than at the corner bar in Elmwood Park.

goblin3

Mar 23, 2014
I think Laine will be good tonight! He knows he did bad last game and said something he shouldn't have said. I expect him to come playing with a fire under his ass and play his best game of the season, not only on the offense but also hitting and backchecking hard. Hope I'm right :confused:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
How about a CBJ game with sustained pressure in the offensive zone, a bunch of scoring opportunities, and power plays that do something other than flail around trying to enter the zone. You know, like most other NHL teams.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
I would be surpised if Laine did not play his best game so far for CBJ. And I think the whole team will have a good one

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Shockingly Chicago is ahead of us winning percentage wise. Gotta put them back into their place with Detroit...

In this strike shortened season and every game a divisional four pointer I am scoreboard checking all the time. With the COVID issues unbalancing the games played, I sort the standings by Points Percentage. It just so happens that tonight:
  • #1 Tampa vs #2 Florida: Go Bolts (not really competing with Bolts for playoff spot but Cats could drop)
  • #3 Carolina vs #4 Dallas: please no OT
  • #5 Chicago vs #6 Columbus: CBJ! CBJ! CBJ!
  • #7 Nashville vs #8 Detroit: Go Wings
I think Laine will be good tonight! He knows he did bad last game and said something he shouldn't have said. I expect him to come playing with a fire under his ass and play his best game of the season, not only on the offense but also hitting and backchecking hard. Hope I'm right :confused:

I have a theory about this one. I have a football "group text" group and a hockey "group text" group. One guy is a crossover from both groups besides me but he is definitely a diehard Browns fan and a "Go Jackets but why don't draft picks play in the NHL right away" kind of hockey fan. He enjoys watching the CBJ but no hockey IQ test for him please. I have a point...bare with me...

So in the Browns group thread I usually posted a "24 hours to kickoff", "3 hours to kickoff", 1 hour to kickoff", etc. You get the point. So NHL season starts and in our CBJ group text he posts "1 hour to puckoff". He figured "kickoff...puckoff". That's where I gave him a face palm emoji and had to explain. Good intentions but "no".

This must have been what happened with Laine. He must have told one of the assistants to "puck off" and what he meant was that he wanted to be on the ice for the start of the game or perhaps the second period. It was all a complete misunderstanding. So all is good now, they "cleared the air" and no harm no foul. Laine will be back in the groove for the game tonight.

Last edited:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
OK, I think the games goes off without a hitch, but Torts tried to fight Chicago's coach at the end of the game.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
How about a CBJ game with sustained pressure in the offensive zone, a bunch of scoring opportunities, and power plays that do something other than flail around trying to enter the zone. You know, like most other NHL teams.
What you on and, more importantly, are you sharing?
Hell, I'd take an improvement in only one of those areas with the way our games have looked this season!

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
I feel good about this one. Excited for Peeke to play after the media raved about him in camp.

At least two Laine goals. Let’s go!!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
J2F, Of course the game will go off without a hitch, he is retired !!!!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
now having to watch the games on laptop instead of iPad as the iPad is now insisting I open up the NHL app to view the game -- even when I have nhl.com loaded via VPN

:facepalm:

so tired of this sh*t

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad