Post-Game Talk: GAME 15 - BRUINS shuffle out of Buffalo with 2 points - BRUINS 5 Buffalo 2

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
When Lucic returns he cannot be the only guy hitting and settling issues. They need another wing who will hit. Duhaime, Kunin, Jason Dickinson, Trenin, Acciari. None of them are on very good teams, all are a bit older and Sweeney should be able to get them for a mid level Steen like prospect or as part of a bigger deal with Minnesota or San Jose where Duhaime and Kunin are concerned.

The D just needs anybody in the bottom pair that will hit and protect the goalies. I don't care if he is 5'7 or 6'5 just hammer somebody if they run Ullmark or Swayman.

They played well last night but they need to get tougher, this is not the "tougher to play against" Montgomery espoused before the season, they may be playing softer without Greer.
I was a little bit surprise to read that you don't care if the hitter is 5'7 or 6'5.... lol. Feel strange reading this from you but at the same time I understand what you are saying. ;)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Marchand's really busting his ass, whether it's leading by example or because they're so reliant on the top line for offense, but he's going hard much more often when he had the luxury of picking his spots before. Pastrnak too but not to the same extent. He's going to wear down. They need a center so they can get DeBrusk going and take some of the pressure off.
Flames are open for buisness & Lindholm in there waiting to be rescued

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Marchand's really busting his ass, whether it's leading by example or because they're so reliant on the top line for offense, but he's going hard much more often when he had the luxury of picking his spots before. Pastrnak too but not to the same extent. He's going to wear down. They need a center so they can get DeBrusk going and take some of the pressure off.
Marchand definitely needs a different center. He and Pasta are trying to do a little of everything and they will wear down and possibly get injured.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It was a pretty sparse crowd and the seats that were full were basically a sea of black and gold.

The Sabres are just not a very good team and live it appeared that the Bruins were on cruise control most of the game after jumping out to the early lead.

I hear-ed a few Booo Birds...

Reactions: Dr Hook

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1700147330959.png

Reactions: hrdpuk

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I wonder if there's a position where they have a surplus of players and one of them would get a 1st. Maybe a position that you can only have two of.
I know what you are getting at here but there is a catch with Ullmark having 16 team no trade list .Swayman to me is longterm future we can agree right ?

Reactions: Spjutmuren

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You mean the position that is the reason why this team is 12-1-2?

And was 62-12-5 last season?
That and defence is Bruins position of strength though so if they want to fix biggest weakness thats the area they will need to deal from.Bruins can't afford to part with that 2025 1st unless it's a homerun like Lindholm involved in my humble opinion

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
You mean the position that is the reason why this team is 12-1-2?

And was 62-12-5 last season?
They've had to be because they can't win when they give up 3 goals. Use the surplus on one end to address the deficit on the other, Swayman doesn't need the training wheels anymore. I will accept losing more regular season games if it makes them a better team from April on when it's usually one guy in net.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was looking forward to watching the game tonight and wondering when the gdt would go up until I looked it up and realized there was no game tonight. Stupid nhl schedule.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
They've had to be because they can't win when they give up 3 goals. Use the surplus on one end to address the deficit on the other, Swayman doesn't need the training wheels anymore. I will accept losing more regular season games if it makes them a better team from April on when it's usually one guy in net.
Yeah, but when was the last time a goaltender was traded and got back #1st round pick? Honest question....

Fleury got shipped to Minnesota at the deadline for a conditional 2nd rounder, the year after he won the Vezina... It would have been a 1st if the Wild reached the Western Conference finals.

That's the closest I can recall of a goalie bringing back a 1st rounder in recent memory.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad