Post-Game Talk: GAME 15 - BRUINS shuffle out of Buffalo with 2 points - BRUINS 5 Buffalo 2

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
When Lucic returns he cannot be the only guy hitting and settling issues. They need another wing who will hit. Duhaime, Kunin, Jason Dickinson, Trenin, Acciari. None of them are on very good teams, all are a bit older and Sweeney should be able to get them for a mid level Steen like prospect or as part of a bigger deal with Minnesota or San Jose where Duhaime and Kunin are concerned.

The D just needs anybody in the bottom pair that will hit and protect the goalies. I don't care if he is 5'7 or 6'5 just hammer somebody if they run Ullmark or Swayman.

They played well last night but they need to get tougher, this is not the "tougher to play against" Montgomery espoused before the season, they may be playing softer without Greer.
I wouldn’t trade Steen he may be small but he’s an agitator perfect on the 4th line with lucic.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Why do those days have to be "gone" though? Because that's completely make believe. They played a solid game, but to say that they didn't really push back when Buffalo were taking clear runs is completely fair. No one is saying go two hand a guys noggin off his shoulders. Lauko was ran probably 2-3 times, and healthy runs, too.

Marchand was hit hard (cleanly) but hard and then Pastrnak was dangerously tossed down from behind. Nothing. Again, take a number, deliver it back.

If that's the game you like to see them play, fine, fill your boots. It's not really for me, though. It's the same brand of hockey we used to make fun of other teams for. You know? The turn the other cheek hockey. The team that we made fun of for that brand of play took it to the Bruins on Saturday night, too.

This idea of you can't win games by pushing back is kind of silly. They were up 5-0 and they still didn't even look like they were a bit irritated.
Maybe the thought process in a game where they are easily winning, is that you do not want to escalate the physicality, especially in game 15, and risk injuries to the team.

If the hits were dirtier I'd tend to agree that even this early, while leading, you can't let it slide.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don't have the confidence in him making the big play anymore. Haven't seen him make those near impossible passes between defender's sticks like he used to. Still can make the great rush up ice but rarely finishes anymore. But he can still produce on determination and smarts.

Just by the numbers, last season saw Marchand score under a point per game for the first time since 2015-16.
Your justifying your opinion on a team that lost some serious talent. Every game there is a different line up. It’s going to take time to get the flow going. He’s also trying to be a captain at the same time. I wouldn’t sleep on him.

Everything being relative bruins aren't responding as well as other teams when being on the short of abuse.
Hopefully Lucic will bring out some of the tough guys we didn’t know we had.

Reactions: Gordoff

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Only hf would find something to complain about in 5-2 win lol. We didnt hit enough. We didnt beat the crap out of Couzens after his take down of Pasta. Those days are gone people.
Not in the playoffs there not. But if you don't do it in the regular season no reason to do it in the playoffs

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Only hf would find something to complain about in 5-2 win lol. We didnt hit enough. We didnt beat the crap out of Couzens after his take down of Pasta. Those days are gone people.
They only seem to be gone for the Bruins. Other teams are responding

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
The talk of Brad Marchand being bad is crazy talk. Guy is on pace for a 40g 50a - 90pt season while being around a +20. He is performing at this level at 35 while also taking on the role of captain and also playing his first year without Patrice Bergeron. Very solid in my book. Is Felger in here trolling us?
Oh he’s not bad but he is turning the puck over and getting checked so much more often. I’m spoiled he has been one of the best players in the league for a while now. Might be loosing a step. I hope not.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No they aren't, you still defend your teammates, Pasta has been doing it this year by playing more physical. They need to get rid of some of the soft and bring in some guys who hit and will push back. Seems like other teams have these type of players so are those days are gone only gone in Boston?

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Your justifying your opinion on a team that lost some serious talent. Every game there is a different line up. It’s going to take time to get the flow going. He’s also trying to be a captain at the same time. I wouldn’t sleep on him.

Hopefully Lucic will bring out some of the tough guys we didn’t know we had.

I'm just basing my opinion on what I have seen from Marchand since his hip surgery.

If he looks like the same player to you, that's fine. Just a matter of opinion.

Reactions: Gordoff

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I'm just basing my opinion on what I have seen from Marchand since his hip surgery.

If he looks like the same player to you, that's fine. Just a matter of opinion.
Last night was definitely one of his worst games yet.

I don’t know that I chalk it all up to him though. I just think he doesn’t haven’t the best chemistry with Zacha or any of the current centers. Part of that has to be the mind reading ability he seemingly shared with Bergeron as his center.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I hope that Lohrei gets to stay put with Boston. I get that Grz is hurt though and once he comes back, then he may be sent back to AHL
I am not convinced another 10 to20 games in the AHL would be a bad thing for Lohrei. There are areas of his game that need improving. This is not meant to be critical, just feel it may be better for his development.

Last edited:

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Marchand's really busting his ass, whether it's leading by example or because they're so reliant on the top line for offense, but he's going hard much more often when he had the luxury of picking his spots before. Pastrnak too but not to the same extent. He's going to wear down. They need a center so they can get DeBrusk going and take some of the pressure off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad