GDT: Game #15: Blues @ Coyotes - 2PM - FSA, NHLN - The Breaking Up Is Hard To Do Edition

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Compared to the calls against the Avs yesterday when they played Vegas, that call wasn't that bad. Not bad at all.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Haven't been a huge fan of the Yotes play so far, overall. Puck control hasn't been there and offense suffering because of it, imo.

They've been decent in the d-zone but I feel like the Blues have had too much space in the neutral zone and it's carrying into the d-zone. Giving the Blues better options to make plays than they should have.

Would like to see better puck control and passing in the second. Get the team running smoother.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, good road period!

Too bad the Brassard wrap around didn't bounce our way. I really like Crouse, but that man can't catch a pass to save his life...whenever it goes to him, it always deflects long off his stick, bounces too far away for him to control it. I like Crouse, but poor hands will limit any type of offensive level he'll ever be able to get to.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Coyotes more focus in the defensive phase of the game, probably playing a better game than the previous one. This means a much less spectacular game as a whole so far but I like that.

I cannot wait to measure up against other teams so that we have a much better feel as to where we are really at.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
A thought about Fischer:

Feels like he focuses so much on doing the right/simple/basic play that he limits his chances to only those types of plays working. Like his thought process is "Get it out of the zone. Get it in the zone. Forecheck." And that's pretty much it. Doesn't think about anything fancier or taking more risks.

The good thing with that is that it leads to solid, low event kind of hockey. Drawback is that he probably won't create much offense unless he's in front of the net and the puck gets there. Which requires his linemates to be the ones to get a bit creative.

All this being said, I haven't watched him THAT closely. I could be way off the mark. Just a feeling I get when I watch him play.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
A thought about Fischer:

Feels like he focuses so much on doing the right/simple/basic play that he limits his chances to only those types of plays working. Like his thought process is "Get it out of the zone. Get it in the zone. Forecheck." And that's pretty much it. Doesn't think about anything fancier or taking more risks.

The good thing with that is that it leads to solid, low event kind of hockey. Drawback is that he probably won't create much offense unless he's in front of the net and the puck gets there. Which requires his linemates to be the ones to get a bit creative.

All this being said, I haven't watched him THAT closely. I could be way off the mark. Just a feeling I get when I watch him play.

This is good. Fish has gotten the right orders.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
A thought about Fischer:

Needs to put together a string of good games so he knows he's locked into the lineup and can play with the confidence to try something more risky.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I got the impression the O'Reilly penalty should have been on the trailing Blues player who interfered and started cascading Schmaltz down. Refs maybe just missed the culprit. Also, if that's your call I have no issue not calling anything on Schmaltz when he forces O'Reilly down with him.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Loved that sequence of plays:

Fischer with the veteran move of jumping the face off forcing a reset to allow his team mates a few more breathing seconds after the icing.

Then on the subsequent play, he finds a way of clearing the zone without icing.

Line change

Goal.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad