GDT: Game 15: Avalanche vs. Senators - Keep Streaking - 6:30PM

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
giphy.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We've played against San Jose, Vancouver (x2), and Seattle. They are 6th, 7th and 8th in their division. That might just have more to do with it than "MacK's frustration".
Columbus isn't a great club either. Tied for sixth in their division, and that's including the two wins we gifted them with crap play.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Where’s this coming from?

Saw it from a pretty trustworthy Avs Instagram account. Haven't seen it elsewhere, but this guy isn't wrong very often. Would make sense though. Newhook has been buzzing since the callup, and the top line didn't produce in a game they scored 7. OC is a better fit for middle 6 too.

I have no idea what, if any, connections this guy has. I guess we'll see if he's right.
Screenshot_20211122-164713_Instagram.jpg

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Saw it from a pretty trustworthy Avs Instagram account. Haven't seen it elsewhere, but this guy isn't wrong very often. Would make sense though. Newhook has been buzzing since the callup, and the top line didn't produce in a game they scored 7. OC is a better fit for middle 6 too.

I have no idea what, if any, connections this guy has. I guess we'll see if he's right.
View attachment 483039
He practiced at 1C because rantanen had a maintenance day. I don't know if he'll play 1C tonight

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Newhook is playing on the first line, my guess is that Rantanen is not playing.

Edit: I guess I was wrong. Still strange, Bednar usually does not make big changes when the team is rolling. Maybe Colorado is showcasing Newhook.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If Newhook is playing on the first line, my guess is that Rantanen is not playing.

Edit: I guess I was wrong. Still strange, Bednar usually does not make big changes when the team is rolling. Maybe Colorado is showcasing Newhook.

Or he's playing RW and Hook is centering him and Landy, and LOC is back on the 3rd line at LW with Jost in the middle

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
View attachment 483007

No but he's kinda right...

I saw this from the 1st game when Mack was out. You can see our players are no longer over thinking or over reacting when Mack is on the ice, just to try to pass the puck to him. Avs are playing a better team game for sure without Mack in lineup.

Mack can always start a temper tantrum if he does not get the passes when he wants to and that is just going to negatively affect the team play.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
why fix what aint broke mr bednar

Opportunity, balance, potential improvement. Newhook has 3 points in 5 games (on lower lines). I think he's a point-per-game player, so elevate his opportunities, and develop him into a top producer, rather than a 3rd line, 40 odd point guy. Way Kadri is going, he's gonna get paid, and we may not be able to afford him. Be good if Newhook this season can develop into that 2C role.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
They were decent last year. This year it didn't start well with the Tkachuk contract situation and defensive issues. They are still a couple of years away from being really good...but having all the pieces is no guarantee to success. We'll see how they handle and develop all that talent.

They'll likely get another top 5 pick this year which is just insane. Just imagine if they get Wright...

I’d be happy for the Sens fans if they got the top pick because I know how they felt when they were really bad and deserved a lot of slack. We complain about the Kroenkes but hey they’re better than Melnyk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad