Gustavsson
Forsberg

*LINEUPS UNCONFIRMED*

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Chalk this one up as an L. 7-1 Sens, half the Avs roster not able to report to the 3rd period due to COVID precautions.

Reactions: wayninja

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Gotta think JJ draws in one of these games this week. I'd throw him in against Dallas on the road personally. Tonight would have also have made sense but I get it with the b2b later in the week.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Boys have been finding their groove, no reason to think it's suddenly going to end with... erm... *checks notes* ... Ottawa. :D

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going to have to miss this game, but I think it's going to come down to two aspects...Senators are either going to come out with loads of energy being off this long leading to a win, or they're going to be sleepwalking towards a loss.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
View attachment 483007

No but he's kinda right...
The whole team has been playing differently since MacK went out. It's like MacK's tension and frustration was filtering down to all the rest of the players, and since he started sitting, the team is playing with more confidence in every zone. MacK is a leader on the team, and when he lets his frustration get to him, it affects everyone else.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs tend to be blowing out the competition lately. It's getting a bit boring. But not tonight

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
The whole team has been playing differently since MacK went out. It's like MacK's tension and frustration was filtering down to all the rest of the players, and since he started sitting, the team is playing with more confidence in every zone. MacK is a leader on the team, and when he lets his frustration get to him, it affects everyone else.

We've played against San Jose, Vancouver (x2), and Seattle. They are 6th, 7th and 8th in their division. That might just have more to do with it than "MacK's frustration".

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
We've played against San Jose, Vancouver (x2), and Seattle. They are 6th, 7th and 8th in their division. That might just have more to do with it than "MacK's frustration".

It plays into it too, but its no coincidence the team has been playing better on the PP, even when not scoring they look dangerous. Its working now that they don't feel they have to force everything to Mack. They have to be able to keep doing it when he's back too.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I appreciate the early start.

Also an Avs win combined to a Wpg regulation loss would move us to second in pts% in the Central division.

Snow Arc

Tongue wag so much when I send you the bill
Aug 14, 2020
Are the Senators competent this year? How do they look?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are the Senators competent this year? How do they look?

Not good. Goaltending has been bad (though their team Sv% is better than the Avs by a small margin) and defensively they're one of the worst teams in the league.

I don't quite get why people thought they were going to turn a corner this year. I figured there was at least one more rebuilding season ahead of them, still way too many holes in that lineup, the goaltending simply wasn't good even on paper, and no offense to former Av D.J. Smith, but I don't think he's quite ready yet to be a head coach.

I'm fully prepared for them to play like a SC contender against the Avs. For some reason Colorado just looooooves to stop bad slumps/droughts.

Reactions: Snow Arc

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

The team has been playing better without MacKinnon because they have to rely on themselves rather than expecting Nate to save the day. The powerplay philosophy of "Are you wide open to take a shot? F*** you, pass it to MacKinnon" had to change once he wasn't there and it turns out the other 4 guys on the ice are capable of doing things with the puck too. My fear is once MacKinnon is back they'll start deferring to him on every play and we become a one-man team again.

It also helps that they've played against teams like Vancouver and Seattle.

I'm expecting a hard-fought game tonight.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't quite get why people thought they were going to turn a corner this year. I figured there was at least one more rebuilding season ahead of them, still way too many holes in that lineup
They were decent last year. This year it didn't start well with the Tkachuk contract situation and defensive issues. They are still a couple of years away from being really good...but having all the pieces is no guarantee to success. We'll see how they handle and develop all that talent.

They'll likely get another top 5 pick this year which is just insane. Just imagine if they get Wright...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well, let's be honest, MacKinnon was not playing well prior to his injury outside of that Minnesota game. I definitely believe he was battling something to start the season before finally shutting it down.

But yes it's nice to see the rest of the team stepping it up after a less-than-ideal start to the season.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad