Pre-Game Talk: Game 15 7:37 PM - THE BEAR returns to Poutineville - NBCSN, TSN2, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It's kinda crazy to believe that the Captain is playing in his 1500th game. It's awesome.

I just hope the next Bruins Captain (looking in your direction, Bergy) Has such tremendous last power

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Used to be the greatest rivalry in the NHL... That needs to happen again - it was so entertaining & awesome to watch!

#BringBacktheBadBlood

I joined the Bruins team in 78-79, and have foggy memories of those days, but watching the 83-84 to 86-87 made me the miserable curmudgeon that I am today. Even today the scars are painful. We then beat them I think 5 out of 6 series until 01-02 and 03-04, which were two of the most frustrating series losses in any sport for me

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I joined the Bruins team in 78-79, and have foggy memories of those days, but watching the 83-84 to 86-87 made me the miserable curmudgeon that I am today. Even today the scars are painful. We then beat them I think 5 out of 6 series until 01-02 and 03-04, which were two of the most frustrating series losses in any sport for me
I wore my Bruins clothes almost every day to school back then. Most of my friends and enemies were Habs fans. I was tortured 1988 was a cup victory for me .

Reactions: BMC

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

My first live indoctrination to the Bruins/Canadiens rivalry was one of those two early 2000s playoff series. I honestly can't remember which year it was. All I remember was my friend's dad's company had a suite (awesome!), they handed out those stupid, ridiculous thunder sticks (remember them?), and the Bruins lost. I ******* hated Saku Koivu and Jose Theodore.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I wore my Bruins clothes almost every day to school back then. Most of my friends and enemies were Habs fans. I was tortured 1988 was a cup victory for me .

People don't understand how important 1988 was to the old breed like us. Plus some may forget we got destroyed in game 1. I honestly think my nineteen year old self cried after that game. I could not believe it was happening again. Game 2 was great but of course they almost came back. Moe Lemay was my hero that series.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
My favourite moment.

upload_2019-11-5_15-8-1.png

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
People don't understand how important 1988 was to the old breed like us. Plus some may forget we got destroyed in game 1. I honestly think my nineteen year old self cried after that game. I could not believe it was happening again. Game 2 was great but of course they almost came back. Moe Lemay was my hero that series.
Yeah that series was great for us old timer who lived through 1979, most of the early '80. I remember finally being able to say to my Hab friends, we beat you. Neely was a beast in that series and I love Reggie to this day.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Where center ice was in the old Forum has been preserved

View attachment 273463

The Montreal Forum (as you probably know) has been gutted and converted to a movie theatre. But even with about 20 screens there's lots of leftover space. They have a pool bar and comedy club upstairs, a Tim Hortons and an A&W fast-food joints downstairs, and they still can't fill the building. They tried having nice restaurants in there -- didn't last. It's nice that they preserved that center-ice spot along with the arena's authentic red seats, but since the Montreal Forum closed its doors the surrounding area has slowly gone downhill. No way they'd ever demolish the building, but you've gotta wonder what they'll do with it...

Meanwhile, a mile east, the Bell Centre continues to be a magnet for new construction as that part of the downtown core thrives.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Are they still doing the stupid ****ing torch thing?

Hey, that stupid f***ing torch thing is pretty important! Nothing is better than a sacred, solemn poem about fallen soldiers in WWI to pump up a crowd watching a bunch of men playing a kid's game. That Habs marketing team really has their finger on the pulse of propriety.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hey, that stupid ****ing torch thing is pretty important! Nothing is better than a sacred, solemn poem about fallen soldiers in WWI to pump up a crowd watching a bunch of men playing a kid's game. That Habs marketing team really has their finger on the pulse of propriety.
That torch thing is far from what its original concept was.

Reactions: BMC and jgatie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad