Post-Game Talk: GAME 14 - Took a 5 on 3 in OT but 2 points is 2 points - BRUINS 2 Dallas 1 F/OT

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Please read my post. It directly references Tuukkas numbers for the season.

I would not narrow it down to 2 goals. He has not been good. Halak has been much better and the numbers prove it.

Tuukka is a notoriously slow starter and it hurts the team. There is a very large sample size on that. Here is where my argument gets put into context.

I do not see it the same way. Agree to disagree.

Fantastic rebuttal. Unfortunately, cherry picking numbers does not change a thing. Cassidy probably agrees as Halak get the start today.

When a goaltender is not sharp and lets in weak goals it has an effect on the entire teams' psyche. It's a cause and effect thing.
And yes, I know Tuukka cannot score goals.

Which means he has not looked good for the rest....

His overall play has been poor.

Dude, learn to use the damned multi-quote function!

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Please read my post. It directly references Tuukkas numbers for the season.

This season's numbers don't mean squat ONCE AGAIN because of sample size. Now YOU go look at his numbers after game one and get back to me. When ONE game can affect the numbers that much, you have a sample size issue.

Tuukka is a notoriously slow starter and it hurts the team. There is a very large sample size on that. Here is where my argument gets put into context.

Except it really hasn't hurt the team.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Fantastic rebuttal. Unfortunately, cherry picking numbers does not change a thing. Cassidy probably agrees as Halak get the start today.

When a goaltender is not sharp and lets in weak goals it has an effect on the entire teams' psyche. It's a cause and effect thing.
And yes, I know Tuukka cannot score goals.

if you ever took a stat course you know they teach you that you need to apply a logic test against any data pool you are studying. sadly its been 25 years since my university days and I cant remember off the top of my head the name of the stats test but basically anytime you are collecting data and trying to make predictions you MUST THROW AWAY THE GREATEST EXTREMES OF YOUR DATA

after all... you are trying to make future predictions. its UNLIKELY the GREATEST EXTREMES indicate any sort of NORM

so no... sorry... im not cherry picking. just applying some common sense and some scientific logic

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
if you ever took a stat course you know they teach you that you need to apply a logic test against any data pool you are studying. sadly its been 25 years since my university days and I cant remember off the top of my head the name of the stats test but basically anytime you are collecting data and trying to make predictions you MUST THROW AWAY THE GREATEST EXTREMES OF YOUR DATA

after all... you are trying to make future predictions. its UNLIKELY the GREATEST EXTREMES indicate any sort of NORM

so no... sorry... im not cherry picking. just applying some common sense and some scientific logic

No need to predict anything here. What I am referring to has already come to pass.

We have seen time and again that Tuukka's play at the start of this season has always been suspect, because of the fact that he is traditionally a very slow starter. This season, with the way the offense has disappeared at times, and the fact that he has let in some very soft goals at bad times, for me, seems to be amplified this problem.

I see no reason why there is an issue with me calling that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad