GDT: Game 14: St. Louis Blues @ Calgary Flames 2/15/13 8:00 pm CST FS-MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
He's usually pretty good but there have been a handful of times where I wish he would just shut up...sometimes he gets a little goofy and rambles about something pointless

Pang does get a little Pierre McGuirey

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
You hear that Fred? Expressly prohibited.

Good game from the boys. I hope Vladi gets his mojo back soon.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
The time to trade Iginla was like two years ago, why trade him now? His trade value has diminished that it wouldn't be worth giving up his legacy in Calgary.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Im assuming there is a mistake bc NHL.com has Jbo as the #1 Star?

jbo_zps1b22bcf4.png

GrandPapillon*

Great win tonight.

Had Elliott started, we would have lost 7-5 and every bead play or turnover would have been put under a microscope to the point where the team would have been accused of playing horribly. Instead, Allen covered for his teammates when he could, and the Blues dominated. Should the Blues lose next game, I expect the customary "Trade Perron" threads.

OCTA8ON*

Great win tonight.

Had Elliott started, we would have lost 7-5 and every bead play or turnover would have been put under a microscope to the point where the team would have been accused of playing horribly. Instead, Allen covered for his teammates when he could, and the Blues dominated. Should the Blues lose next game, I expect the customary "Trade Perron" threads.

this

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
yeah because even though we are winning we have been playing poorly for most of the 2nd and all of the 3rd so far. Complacency is what led that 5 game losing streak we all loved so much.
Obviously they are going to conserve energy with a 4-goal lead. All teams do it...

Blues played really well tonight. Good win.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Obviously they are going to conserve energy with a 4-goal lead. All teams do it...

Blues played really well tonight. Good win.

I have no problem with them laying back and conserving some energy but they need to clean some things up to be able to do it effectively. In the 2nd and 3rd periods they had problems retrieving the puck in their own zone, making a clean exit and gaining the red line to get the puck in deep. When you do not do those things you end up expending more energy because you get hemmed into your own zone for extended stretches.

Big Al 2

Feb 1, 2013
I'm fine with them conserving energy, you lead 4-0 in the first you deserve it. Big Game 2 days from now

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Call me crazy, but I think Allen has a higher ceiling than Halak. Quicker and more alert.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Tarasenko wasn't great, but he had a few good plays and he hit and battled. If you're looking for a forward not meeting expectations (and hasn't for several games), check out Andy "Skate in Circles and Cough It Up" McDonald. Definitely not himself.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Tarasenko wasn't great, but he had a few good plays and he hit and battled. If you're looking for a forward not meeting expectations (and hasn't for several games), check out Andy "Skate in Circles and Cough It Up" McDonald. Definitely not himself.

I have thought that all year so far

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Call me crazy, but I think Allen has a higher ceiling than Halak. Quicker and more alert.

Allen does have a higher ceiling. He's always been a very talented goalie since his CHL days. He played in the WJC as the starting goalie granted a lot of canadians blame him for them not winning the gold but still says a lot about his talent. He just seemed to need to get his mental aspect of the game down to become a good NHL starter. Other then that he has all the tools to be one.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Going back and rewatching parts of this game I gotta say defensively Pietrangelo was very good this game. Still not up to the level of last season but made very smart plays with the puck and protected the middle of the ice well.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
McDonald is starting to remind me of Paul Kariya's last season here.

Yeah, and this is probably Amac's last year here too. Too many players to resign. It might come down to Amac or Stewart and the way Stewart is playing, I am picking him.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Allen does have a higher ceiling. He's always been a very talented goalie since his CHL days. He played in the WJC as the starting goalie granted a lot of canadians blame him for them not winning the gold but still says a lot about his talent. He just seemed to need to get his mental aspect of the game down to become a good NHL starter. Other then that he has all the tools to be one.

Hopefully he will become elite some day

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I just want to come in here like some people and crap on ElliotT for a game he didn't play. The things he would have done are all horrible and the things he didn't do prove how even more terrible a goalie he is.

He was terrible in the stretch of games recently. But he destroyed the rest of the NHL netminders last year in terms of quality starts. He had 77.8%. Second place was Schneider all the way down at 70.4%.

A Quality Start is a measure of whether a goaltender "gave his team a chance to win". In order to record a quality start, the goalie must have a save percentage over .912 or a save percentage between .885 and .912 while allowing less than three goals. The reason Quality Starts are so important is that teams win 77.5% of the games in which their goalie records a Quality Start.

Posters going out of their way to crap on a guy who didn't play in the game. Eyeroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad