Allen

Flames Lineup:
TBD

Previews: Tarasenko an early Calder favorite
Blues look for better defense against Flames

Standings:
806093e7-b19c-4985-bf4d-5449d0c08fe4_zps5298238d.jpg

LET'S GO BLUES

On a side note, today is my birthday as well as the birthday of the city of St. Louis so I'm going to be selfish and ask for a Backes hat trick in a Blues victory today. ;)

Last edited:

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
Today is also National wear your favorite jersey day, sportin #91 already:handclap:

Happy Birthday!!

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Hope Allen can turn in a solid game between the pipes. Hard to believe the Blues are among the team leaders in goals scored and also in goals allowed.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
We should win tonight, one of the worst teams in the league missing their starting goalie, I smell blow out. Go Blues

And Happy Birthday!

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Hopefully they build off the DET game and continue to get back to playing a full game of Blues hockey. This is a game they should win.

Happy Birthday btw!

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
17h ago Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford

David Backes left practice after 20 minutes due to a groin strain. Hitch said he is probable for Friday's game vs. Calgary

any news?

Big Al 2

Feb 1, 2013
17h ago Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford

David Backes left practice after 20 minutes due to a groin strain. Hitch said he is probable for Friday's game vs. Calgary

any news?

Hitch said something along the lines of "it shouldn't be bad enough to bother him, and if it does he'll just deal with it"

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I'm afraid for tonight. Pivotal game for the Blues...Can't let the bottom feeders take away what are potentially easy points.

Edit: Oh, and happy birthday Inglorious. My wife's is the 13th...It sucks. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We should win tonight, one of the worst teams in the league missing their starting goalie, I smell blow out. Go Blues

And Happy Birthday!
This made me giggle.

If you actually think Calgary is one of the worst teams in the league you are kidding yourself a bit. They are a borderline playoff team sure, but the only reason they are appearing near the bottom of the standings is because they have played 2-3 games fewer than every team that is a few spots ahead of them. In terms of winning percentage Calgary is tied for 9th in the West.

Kiprusoff also was really bad to start the year and the Flames are 2-1-1 without him.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Calgary's win percentage is 36.4. That's bottom feeder material. Consider that if the Blues win tonight, they'll be that much further behind...They're make or break NOW, unlike most borderline playoff teams, especially with their #1 out of the lineup.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
This made me giggle.

If you actually think Calgary is one of the worst teams in the league you are kidding yourself a bit. They are a borderline playoff team sure, but the only reason they are appearing near the bottom of the standings is because they have played 2-3 games fewer than every team that is a few spots ahead of them. In terms of winning percentage Calgary is tied for 9th in the West.

Kiprusoff also was really bad to start the year and the Flames are 2-1-1 without him.

Sorry my friend but everyone who isnt a Flames fan disagrees with you. Just look at your roster, its bad. And im not trying to be a jerk either, I picked them to finish last in the West preseason.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sorry my friend but everyone who isnt a Flames fan disagrees with you. Just look at your roster, its bad. And im not trying to be a jerk either, I picked them to finish last in the West preseason.
You mean the roster that is tied for 7th in goals per game and has the 2nd best powerplay in the league, only behind yourselves?

Anyone who has watched Calgary this year knows that the Flames were .500 in spite of their goaltending, not because of it. That has actually improved under Irving.

And to the fellow that said the Flames winning percentage is 36.4, in the NHL winning percentage is based on points won, not games, so they are .500

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
You mean the roster that is tied for 7th in goals per game and has the 2nd best powerplay in the league, only behind yourselves?

Anyone who has watched Calgary this year knows that the Flames were .500 in spite of their goaltending, not because of it. That has actually improved under Irving.

And to the fellow that said the Flames winning percentage is 36.4, in the NHL winning percentage is based on points won, not games, so they are .500

Thats fine, I would defend my team too. Like I said, Im not trying to be a jerk. I just call it like I see it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I also want to say that I don't think it's disrespectful that people are underrating the Flames, I think there is a great deal of misinformation and misunderstanding about the Flames.

I think the Flames have been more of an underachieving team the last 3 years than a bad team, and I can understand the confusion because not everyone can watch every team. I think many people fail to realize how bad Brent Sutter was as a coach and the way he stifled nearly every player he touched. Some may say its a small sample size and it is, but I don't believe it is a coincidence that so many Flames players look like new without Sutter behind the bench. Bouwmeester looks like he did in Florida except better defensively. Stajan looks like he did in Toronto, Tanguay is looking rejuvenated, Cammalleri has been hot and cold, Iginla is quietly putting a decent number of points (and making some amazing passes).... etc.

I think your fan base more than anyone will understand how much of a difference it can make having a coach that uses players properly and how that can make the team look like new. After all weren't the Blues one of the worst teams in the league before the Hitchcock hiring?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Their winning percentage is still 36.4, that doesn't change. Columbus finished with 35.3 last year. And how about that powerplay? Do you really think both of our teams won't regress?

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Calgary's win percentage is 36.4. That's bottom feeder material. Consider that if the Blues win tonight, they'll be that much further behind...They're make or break NOW, unlike most borderline playoff teams, especially with their #1 out of the lineup.

And if Calagry wins in regulation, they will actually have a better winning % than the Blues.

Both will be 1 game over .500, but the Flames would have the better winning % as having played less games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Their winning percentage is still 36.4, that doesn't change. Columbus finished with 35.3 last year. And how about that powerplay? Do you really think both of our teams won't regress?
With the loser point you can't measure winning percentage that way. Your example of the Blue Jackets were a team that had a .396 winning percentage with the loser point.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Kerber just tweeted that Backes is at the morning skate, so looks like he is good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad