GDT: Game 14: St. Louis Blues @ Calgary Flames 2/15/13 8:00 pm CST FS-MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I thought the Elliott tangent was a bit odd as well. Don't really get the point of taking shots at a guy who didn't even play. Even with the rough start, it shouldn't be so easy to forget what he did for us last year and how well he's capable of playing.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
He's still a beast though

For maybe a season or two. It's adding to the strength of the team. We REALLY don't need him. I'm not denying he's a good player, but just not someone worth spending two high quality assets to acquire.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Allen definitely needed to get out of Peoria for awhile

edit: and no more "schwartz sucks send him down to peoria" posts?

Last edited:

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
After the second period Hitch sent one of the other coaches to tell Tarasenko to 'stop *** cheating' and that he needs to work as hard in the defensive zone as he does in the offensive zone. It would not surprise me if we lose to VAN and Halak starts the following game.

Scott Burnside of ESPN is traveling with the Blues on the trip he is putting out an article or 2 a day about what the team is doing. Its not a bad read.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Yeah, and this is probably Amac's last year here too. Too many players to resign. It might come down to Amac or Stewart and the way Stewart is playing, I am picking him.

which makes room to put steen back on LW and let us go get o'reilly or even GETZLAF(if he tests) :sarcasm: in the offseason?? Perron- Getzlaf- Tarasenko??? then the bashieteen line? then schwartz-bergy-stewy sobotka-Nichol(if we keep him)- Reaves

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I heard on NHL Network that last night was the first time the Blues scored 4 goals in the first period on the road since 1999.

That's hard to believe.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Two points is always nice, and they did look better and more organized, but they did play the Calgary Pylons in the first period.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Like I said, drop McDonald and have Lehtera come over to play center with tarasenko and Perron and move Steen to the Backes-Oshie line. McDonald just coughs up the puck and has caused a lot of 2 on 1's this year.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Like I said, drop McDonald and have Lehtera come over to play center with tarasenko and Perron and move Steen to the Backes-Oshie line. McDonald just coughs up the puck and has caused a lot of 2 on 1's this year.

If lehtera is everything he's "cracked up to be" then i'd like this but that's a big IF. If he works out than it's great for a budget team like us. frees up 4.7 mill that mcdonalds making. I just know playing center in the KHL is alot different than playing center in North America and especially in our system

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
If lehtera is everything he's "cracked up to be" then i'd like this but that's a big IF. If he works out than it's great for a budget team like us. frees up 4.7 mill that mcdonalds making. I just know playing center in the KHL is alot different than playing center in North America and especially in our system

I understand that but how much worse can it get? McDonald isn't exactly giving Tarasenko a chance to flourish. McDonald is not creating the chances he was supposed to be creating or really doing anything thus far but a liability.

I'm not saying bring over Lehtera but rather replace McDonald.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I understand that but how much worse can it get? McDonald isn't exactly giving Tarasenko a chance to flourish. McDonald is not creating the chances he was supposed to be creating or really doing anything thus far but a liability.

I'm not saying bring over Lehtera but rather replace McDonald.

Yeah i understand you. Were certainly atleast recently not getting our moneys worth out of him but idk I've always been a big supporter of him and he played well until we hit our 5 game skid. He's still a great pro and has been helping tarasenko out with learning the systems and communicating etc... I think mcdonald will get it going again. But i do agree with you that he's been weak on the puck and not really using his speed to his advantage these past few games. I still love little andy and really hope he can get it going soon. maybe against vancouver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad