GDT: Game 14: Red Wings vs oilers 11/9/21 7:30 pm et (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Won't lie... a little bit concerned with Mo going against McDavid. Mo is coming along nicely but at times you can tell he is processing the game... have a feeling McDavid's speed and quick movements might overwhelm Mo a bit. I mean McDavid overwhelms a lot of players but Mo is a rookie going against the best player in the world.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I'd be happy with a high scoring game as long as both teams score, not just them, lol. 7-1 with 2.5GAA this season though.

Their top 2 lines are gonna be a real test. This is where is would really help to have depth scoring since their bottom 2 lines are complete scrubs, but our 4th line is complete crap too. Kinda makes me wish we still had the Helm-LGD-Erne 4th line, it's not like cap space is any issue. Helm flubbing a breakaway is much funnier than Bert shooting over the net.
When it comes to their PP Helm and Glendening would have been an upgrade for what we have now on the PK.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Won't lie... a little bit concerned with Mo going against McDavid. Mo is coming along nicely but at times you can tell he is processing the game... have a feeling McDavid's speed and quick movements might overwhelm Mo a bit. I mean McDavid overwhelms a lot of players but Mo is a rookie going against the best player in the world.
I think it'll be a good test for him. You don't know what you need to work on until you fail. Considering where he's at already, there's no point in shielding him. Besides, what would Blash use to shield him, Hronek? (lol)

When it comes to their PP Helm and Glendening would have been an upgrade for what we have now on the PK.
Yup, they may be getting old but they're still faster than what we have now. Not to mention the team didn't upgrade offensively either on the 4th line. Significantly cheaper 4th line but worse both offensively and defensively which sucks when salary cap really isn't a concern.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Don't be concerned. McDavid is the caliber of player that could make Lidstrom look mortal out there. Nobody is going to expect a rookie to contain him. It will be fun to watch him try, though! :)

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I'd be happy with a high scoring game as long as both teams score, not just them, lol. 7-1 with 2.5GAA this season though.

Their top 2 lines are gonna be a real test. This is where is would really help to have depth scoring since their bottom 2 lines are complete scrubs, but our 4th line is complete crap too. Kinda makes me wish we still had the Helm-LGD-Erne 4th line, it's not like cap space is any issue. Helm flubbing a breakaway is much funnier than Bert shooting over the net.
In past seasons Edmonton has lacked depth, but their third line looks really good with Foegle-Ryan-Kassian and the Devin Shore is way too good for their fourth line. They have solid depth right now. Their biggest weaknesses right now are the 3rd D pairing and Koskinen can have bad nights.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
In past seasons Edmonton has lacked depth, but their third line looks really good with Foegle-Ryan-Kassian and the Devin Shore is way too good for their fourth line. They have solid depth right now. Their biggest weaknesses right now are the 3rd D pairing and Koskinen can have bad nights.

Their 3rd line still isn’t that great. Detroit’s 3rd can win that matchup. The rest of our lines better hang onto their butts.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Not really any of these.

Their Bottom6 is still crap. They have horrible numbers just like our Bottom6 has. Biggest difference is the 2nd line between Edmonton and Detroit, because they split Draisaitl to 2nd line on road games, and that's very tough to handle.

We have to put Larkin against McDavid and that's fine, but the heck goes against Draisaitl ??? Suter? Rasmussen? :help:

Reactions: Gniwder

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Not really any of these.

Their Bottom6 is still crap. They have horrible numbers just like our Bottom6 has. Biggest difference is the 2nd line between Edmonton and Detroit, because they split Draisaitl to 2nd line on road games, and that's very tough to handle.

We have to put Larkin against McDavid and that's fine, but the heck goes against Draisaitl ??? Suter? Rasmussen? :help:
This is the game our Moose rises to the challenge and makes us say "Necas who?"

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hey, even McDavid and Draisatl need to have ONE game where they dont score 2-3+ Points each, right? Maybe it's this one.. maybe..

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hey, even McDavid and Draisatl need to have ONE game where they dont score 2-3+ Points each, right? Maybe it's this one.. maybe..

Detroit has shown up against the big league teams so far this year; Tampa, Washington, Florida, an injured Vegas. I'm confident that they come in and play good tonight but I still think that the scoring might of McDraisaitl will hurt.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Should be an entertaining game. Tough task ahead if us, trying to contain McDavid and Draisaitl. I hope we hang in there and don't get shelled.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
You guys are too pessimistic. The question isn't how Detroit should stop McDavid. The question is how McDavid should stop the Larkin line.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Their 3rd line still isn’t that great. Detroit’s 3rd can win that matchup. The rest of our lines better hang onto their butts.
From the games I saw they are fast and they have quite of bit of offensive zone time. Our 3rd line isn't bad either so we shall see.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
From the games I saw they are fast and they have quite of bit of offensive zone time. Our 3rd line isn't bad either so we shall see.

Fast yes, but aside from Foegele I don't think they'll be worrisome. Kassian has been ok-ish this year but I still think that our 3rd line can outproduce theirs.

Also THIS would be a game worth keeping Veleno up for. We could have really used his speed here.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Not really any of these.

You have to match McDavid's speed with Larkin's. For Draisaitl's line, I would try to match with effort and size. Erne-Ras-Namestnikov would be my preferred matchup, but I don't know if Blashill will be making any changes to the lines from the last game. If that ends up being the case, Erne-Ras-Smith would be the draw, as much as I don't want Smith in the lineup. Just isn't playing fast enough to hang in my opinion.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I just hope Mo doesn't hurt and/or embarrass McDavid and Draisaitl too much. I've been enjoying watching those guys and don't need their confidence to take a hit

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ive ripped kenny over the years about his gm work , but has never been anything against kenny the person
as ive always seen him as an excellent manager of people and excellent person . ironically it was his scouting
talents i criticized while hes always been a pro scout :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad