GDT: Game #14: Coyotes @ Predators - 6:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Our top line would struggle less 5v5 if either Keller or Schmaltz would shoot the puck more. Especially in the slot. They are always looking too make the perfect pass. The coyotes as a whole need to shoot more 5v5. Too many times trying to make the extra pass.

Reactions: rt

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Our top line would struggle less 5v5 if either Keller or Schmaltz would shoot the puck more. Especially in the slot. They are always looking to make the perfect pass. The coyotes as a whole need to shoot more 5v5. Too many times trying to make the extra pass.
Agreed, BUT we’ve got to remember the opposition can’t score from their own end.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've been really down on our defensemen this year. I've been wrong. I realized as I watched the Preds tape last night that our forwards share much of the blame. First, too many times when a defenseman pinches, the pinche forward (couldn't resist), the forward with the responsibility to take the high position when the defenseman goes low, is nowhere to be found. Second, in our own D zone, most of the forwards are playing tag with the opposing team, instead of hitting them and contesting for the puck.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I've been really down on our defensemen this year. I've been wrong. I realized as I watched the Preds tape last night that our forwards share much of the blame. First, too many times when a defenseman pinches, the pinche forward (couldn't resist), the forward with the responsibility to take the high position when the defenseman goes low, is nowhere to be found. Second, in our own D zone, most of the forwards are playing tag with the opposing team, instead of hitting them and contesting for the puck.
I agree, I think our D men are not as good as they need to be but the forwards aren't as responsible as they should be either. Bear can clean this up a little.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
That type of forward play seems very basic to me… my son was taught that stuff in pee wee A travel hockey. This then begs the question… who the heck is coaching these forwards on defensive tactics?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
A
gee on the first point. Regarding the second, I think they’re just trying to be positionally sound. The bigger issue, imo is forwards exiting the zone too quickly, thus the D has no support, other than his D partner. It is possible to move the puck up the ice fast with proper support and it’s imperative in reducing turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad