GDT: Game 14 | Columbus @ New York Islanders | 7:30 PM EST

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I cannot believe that effort, play, and decision by laine. I come in peace but I’ve just never seen that before. I’d be pissed if I was a cbj cus that’s just not acceptable. As a laine fantasy owner, I try to watch some games but man wtf….

How does he let parise just outmuscle him, stupid pass to Gaudreau really, then the pitiful backcheck and just watched parise go. Doesn’t even try to catch or hook parise. Take him down or hook him after it and take ur chance on the pk.
Tbh, he’s not been a great team player for this team. He’s a weird dude with a lot of talent. The memes are about his attire, but they should really be about his complete absence for games at a time, which is unacceptable with the salary he’s pulling in.

One game he looks like Ovechkin, then he disappears for 5 games. I don’t see him as a player that will ever raise a Stanley Cup.

I’d love to be wrong.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Wants to get that quality 1C from the draft to play between him and JG
Ok, keep it laine lol.

Wish my flyers could be the shit management wants to “win now”. Idk how we are above the standings to yall, I know it won’t continue tho. You guys have a solid future tho.

Why is KJ not playing more and is he more a wing than center?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Tbh, he’s not been a great team player for this team. He’s a weird dude with a lot of talent. The memes are about his attire, but they should really be about his complete absence for games at a time, which is unacceptable with the salary he’s pulling in.

One game he looks like Ovechkin, then he disappears for 5 games. I don’t see him as a player that will ever raise a Stanley Cup.

I’d love to be wrong.
Sadly, I'm not even going to screenshot this to rub it in your face later... because, you know.

Ok, keep it laine lol.

Wish my flyers could be the shit management wants to “win now”. Idk how we are above the standings to yall, I know it won’t continue tho. You guys have a solid future tho.

Why is KJ not playing more and is he more a wing than center?
KJ is more of a center than a wing. Roslovic is more of a wing than a center.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

I’d love to be wrong.
I would say he’s not a player you rely/build around to win. He can definitely help a team do it but needs to right pieces in place.

You guys have a very solid d core coming up in werenski, mateychuk, jiricek (still salty flyers didn’t draft him lol), peeke/blackenburg/boqvist/bean.
Top 6 has talent and just needs more via KJ (in due time), sillinger, and whoever is drafted this year. Those pieces, along with laine/JG can be lethal

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I would say he’s not a player you rely/build around to win. He can definitely help a team do it but needs to right pieces in place.

You guys have a very solid d core coming up in werenski, mateychuk, jiricek (still salty flyers didn’t draft him lol), peeke/blackenburg/boqvist/bean.
Top 6 has talent and just needs more via KJ (in due time), sillinger, and whoever is drafted this year. Those pieces, along with laine/JG can be lethal
That should be 100% clear from his Winnipeg years, great complimentary player for competent team but he can't carry his line not to talking about any team

Winning cups is random anyways

Last edited:
Reactions: flyerslducks

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Povedal by som, že to nie je hráč, na ktorého by ste sa spoliehali/vyhrali. Určite to tímu môže pomôcť, ale potrebuje správne kúsky.

Chlapci, máte veľmi solídne d core prichádzajúce v werenski, mateychuk, jiricek (stále slané letáky ho nenapísali lol), peeke/blackenburg/boqvist/bean.
Top 6 má talent a potrebuje viac cez KJ (v pravý čas), sillingera a kohokoľvek, kto bude draftovaný tento rok. Tieto kúsky spolu s laine/JG môžu byť smrteľné
He played great last season playing forward with Nyquist and Jenner, carried this line. Every player has games like that. They just can't be frequent. Too bad, he played well defensively in the game and then OT...

One thing I don't understand is why Lars doesn't trust Bean. Jake is playing very well. But he'll also prefer the table over him.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyerslducks

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He was scratched …

Yeah, that's why I said I guess because I saw what Larsen said earlier, and then they showed the injury list. I think Jody even said something about Kent being on there, like he didn't think he should have been listed either.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I thought Laine was ass tonight. I bet people are ragging on him for the OT goal, but it’s dumb he’s out there in the first place. I admire the aggression, but no.

Regardless, he didn’t do anything on the PP. He didn’t do much with Johnny.

Jack Roslovic cost us the win by not getting the puck out after korpi made a series of stops. Forced a DZ faceoff, which Gaunce lost and inevitably they ended up scoring. Roslovic wasn’t on the ice anymore, but him not getting the puck out caused the sequence.

Credit to the D and forwards for hanging in there defensively. Wasn’t perfect, but the effort was there and the defense did OK at limiting very dangerous shots (aside from the PK)

Keep Bemstrom up and keep Foudy in the lineup

Black panther 2 is great.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With Bemstrom and Foudy up, along with Gaunce and Olivier, the team takes on a more workmanlike look. And that's a good thing. Those are responsible players. Bemmer and Foudy show their Torts training. I've been saying that the team lacks versatility but with the call ups they can grind a bit.

The team tonight reminded me of the 2020 team that clawed their way into the playoffs despite missing half the roster. I don't expect a repeat of that but the way they played reminded me of that team. Good teamwork. Other than Roslovic they're weren't many turnovers at all.

There were a lot of stretch plays and speed, that made Robinson, Chinakhov, and Foudy very noticeable. I'm wondering how much of a deliberate system change happened, or if they're just adapting to the Isles structure and using stretch plays to avoid getting stuck in the neutral zone.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Laine has one bad game and the harping starts, even when he has been the best forward on ice for much of last year and this year.

Reactions: majormajor

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Pretty good game. One point lost due to some defensive voids and unfortunate events. Bjork(?) accidentally prevented Korpi from making the save on 1st goal, and then 2nd or 3rd one, though after a lucky bounce, was scored as the Islanders guy was wide open on a perfect spot. Maybe left D or left winger (Johnny) should look at the mirror as those are so unnecessary.

1st line should score some goals from their opportunities that are plentiful.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Truly hoping Larsen drops Laine to 2nd or 3rd line after that one. He is supposed to be one of the leading players now. Don't even care about the result but that's an unacceptable effort level

Reactions: thebus88

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Laine has one bad game and the harping starts, even when he has been the best forward on ice for much of last year and this year.

Actually Laine wasn't that bad according to my eye test and seems that the game score agrees.

But Laine should be one of the best players on the ice each and every time and so "not being bad" isn't nearly enough for him.

The 1st line and also Laine had a lot of good moments, but they should be able to capitalize those, which they just couldn't. One or two goals for and it's a completely new game.

Sillinger with a goal and a totally missed opportunity to pass Chinakov a potential game winning goal. The goal gives him confidence, but I still cannot agree Larsen's decision to play Sillinger over Johnson. That just makes no sense.

Hats off for Larsen for icing 38-13-29 on OT. Decision was great and also ballsy for Larsen's super conservative standards, and the goal against don't change the fact.

Reactions: majormajor

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Truly hoping Larsen drops Laine to 2nd or 3rd line after that one. He is supposed to be one of the leading players now. Don't even care about the result but that's an unacceptable effort level
It’s going to take that kind of effort levelnon a regular basis to lose as many games as is needed to gain the desired draft pick.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Pretty good game. One point lost due to some defensive voids and unfortunate events. Bjork(?) accidentally prevented Korpi from making the save on 1st goal, and then 2nd or 3rd one, though after a lucky bounce, was scored as the Islanders guy was wide open on a perfect spot. Maybe left D or left winger (Johnny) should look at the mirror as those are so unnecessary.

1st line should score some goals from their opportunities that are plentiful.

It was Bjork's spot on the ice in the 2nd one too.

Rough way to start out in the NHL. But hey, he scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad