GDT: Game 14 | Columbus @ New York Islanders | 7:30 PM EST

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Feels like a low scoring game, 3-1 Isles with an ENG, Korpisavior tries his best but the offense fails him by shooting into Sorkin's chest 50 times

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So Johnson is a coaches decision now? Jesus I tried to let myself believe I could get through the season with him but man I hate a ton of Larsen's choices.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I get everyone wants to watch KJ, but what has he done to warrant being in the lineup?

Genuinely curious because to me he hasn’t. Be granted, neither has Sillinger

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I get everyone wants to watch KJ, but what has he done to warrant being in the lineup?

I think he's been significantly better than Sillinger and has really only looked unimpactful since he's been stuck with Sillinger.

But I also don't care if he sits a game. Kids don't need to play 82 games a year, that's not helpful for development.

Reactions: CBJx614 and VT

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Sillinger is easy. Roslovic gets the vet stamp so he can continue to be a turnover machine without worry, Chinakhov has tailed off mostly because theyve neutered him being on that line with low icetime, Foudy could be another choice.
Long story short, play him or send him down. Stop the garbage that sitting in the pressbox is some form of development.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well, I do recall Torts frequently saying sometimes you have to sit a kid in the press box once in a while so they can see the game unfold from up above. Part of development.

Honestly, I'd try KJ at center and put Roslovic on his wing. If KJ gets kicked out of the circle, you have Roslovic to take the draw.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Robinson is a PK player.
So are Boone, Gus, Foudy, Ros and Olivier…5 others who do what Robby does So he’s redundant. On the other hand only Johnny can pass like KJ can

Well, I do recall Torts frequently saying sometimes you have to sit a kid in the press box once in a while so they can see the game unfold from up above. Part of development.

Honestly, I'd try KJ at center and put Roslovic on his wing. If KJ gets kicked out of the circle, you have Roslovic to take the draw.
Isn’t it a little early to see the Torts Ghost of Christmas Past? :D

Reactions: Columbus Jack

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So are Boone, Gus, Foudy, Ros and Olivier…5 others who do what Robby does So he’s redundant. On the other hand only Johnny can pass like KJ can

Isn’t it a little early to see the Torts Ghost of Christmas Past? :D
Even last season, Lars said Boone would play less. So I would leave him out.
Robbie is a proven player and as you can see, Lars doesn't like to take risks, if at all.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
random useless fact: johnny gaudreau has faced the islanders only 11 times in the 602 games he’s placed. other than us and seattle, he’s faced no other team less.

of course, he is a ppg player in those 11 games.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Pretty sure it’s safe to say this is the weakest defensive lineup CBJ ever iced in 6-7 years

Crazy just a couple years ago our blue line looked like
Jones - Werenski
Savard - Gavrikov
Murray - Nutivaara
I would say weakest ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad