GDT: Game 14: Chicago @ New Jersey | 11/7/15 6 p.m. CT (CSNC, MSG+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Exactly. If you watched those games you would have seen that they were both solid team wins. CC was good in stopping the few chances he had against him. No doubt about that.

Except if the other team had scored in OT instead of Toews, I'm sure you wouldn't have been calling the team's play anything close to solid.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Except if the other team had scored in OT instead of Toews, I'm sure you wouldn't have been calling the team's play anything close to solid.

I'd say both teams played a pretty solid game considering no goals were scored in regulation .... but yes, it would be disappointing to lose any 1 goal game, if that's what you mean.

Back to this game, Foley said it best in the first period that "Hawks are reaching all over the ice and not using the body at all"

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So tonight Hammer was -4 TVR was -2 ...and some poster says Svedberg at just -1 doesn't belong in the NHL? And worse he says Gustafsson who was +2 tonight and is now +5 in just 4 GP And has 2a in that short span. .that he is not an NHL d-man?
...WHAT about Kruger and Desjardins...Again minus players tonight..with each -2..and so now both are -7 in 14 GP and Zero points for either of them to boot! What is Q going to do about that? WELL...you can't Blame Bickelk anymore can you? WHY tolerate Kruger and Desjardins for such incompetence?

Anisimov was -3 tonight before he got hurt...not a goo game foe him...but he has at least played well in other games so he gets a mulligan..Cannot give any more mulligans to Kruger and Desjardins..Drastic measures called for..Where is Bowman Sr. For all the dough they give him for Senior advice? Even he should be calling for big changes...benchings and maybe waivers on not caring or not upto the task Desjardins and Kruger..4th line killing us even if they fail to score a kick. .Without the puck they do not WANT to get the puck back...check cashing incompetent vomit 8nstogators.The stench of their play together is reeking feces.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
You place way too much value on +/-.

And you can demote whoever you want but the cupboard @ Rockford is empty.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
If a goalie has a bad game, it can ruin plusminus stats even to players, who don't actually deserved it.But true HF50, Hammer wasn't good tonight and I hope Gustafsson if he continues could kick Runblad out of the roster forever.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hjalmarsson had quite possible his worst game in well over a year. Disappointing to see when we're already missing Keith (even though I know Hammer's play tonight was simply an anomaly).

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
2 pts out of a possible 12 on the road and we won that one game in overtime. The team has some serious issues at the moment, nothing going right. Hey, at least Toews picked on a midget and won an NHL fight for the first time.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Same thing was said continuously last year.

Anisimov and Dano could arguably replace past-his-prime Sharp and Saad in the long run.

You do realize that the players who the Hawks lost accounted for 56 goals and 200 points in the regular season right?

And that's before we look at the defense

Why are people struggling so much to recognize the massive changes and downgrade in talent? Would ANY of you have been excited to know that guys like Trevor Daley and Ryan Garbutt were critical elements of the every day roster?

Or that a young D man from Rockford was as well and that d man isn't named Johns or Pokka?

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
I'm not one to complain game-to-game but this is just a really bad loss. It was ugly from start to finish.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
You're heavily exaggerating here. He started out looking like crap, but he's gradually improving. These things take time. The same impatient overreactions were happening with Oduya.

Daley is a 4/5 PMD that can put up some points. People are expecting way too much out of him. I'm going to wait more than 14 games to form a legitimate opinion.

He looked awful tonite. Either his passes are horribly executed or he just doesn't see the ice well and/or is struggling to gel with his teammates. Regardless, his passes - typically in the offensive zone - never find their mark.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
So tonight Hammer was -4 TVR was -2 ...and some poster says Svedberg at just -1 doesn't belong in the NHL? And worse he says Gustafsson who was +2 tonight and is now +5 in just 4 GP And has 2a in that short span. .that he is not an NHL d-man?
...WHAT about Kruger and Desjardins...Again minus players tonight..with each -2..and so now both are -7 in 14 GP and Zero points for either of them to boot! What is Q going to do about that? WELL...you can't Blame Bickelk anymore can you? WHY tolerate Kruger and Desjardins for such incompetence?

Anisimov was -3 tonight before he got hurt...not a goo game foe him...but he has at least played well in other games so he gets a mulligan..Cannot give any more mulligans to Kruger and Desjardins..Drastic measures called for..Where is Bowman Sr. For all the dough they give him for Senior advice? Even he should be calling for big changes...benchings and maybe waivers on not caring or not upto the task Desjardins and Kruger..4th line killing us even if they fail to score a kick. .Without the puck they do not WANT to get the puck back...check cashing incompetent vomit 8nstogators.The stench of their play together is reeking feces.

Hammer had arguably his worst game as a Hawk. So much so that I wondered if he had the flu or something

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Was at the game tonight. What a stinker. Daley and Svedberg are terrible. The 4th line is terrible. The team didn't show up the first period, and the game was over. Crow was pretty bad too, as was Hammer.

Big picture, Keith will come back, and I assume Stan will make a trade or two to shore up the defense. Not worried.

Panarin also sometimes seems lost.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And Hammer who was -4 tonight and now -6 for the season with just 1a is not "terrible"?

Svedberg has better stats line than that.
ALSO..blaming d-mem for goals going in is only 1/3 part of the problem..There is an old saying that goalies can make coaches look like geniuses or get them fired ...and of course the 3rd part of a god defense is what forwards do in support without the puck.
.If you watched the game most of our forwards Stunk in staying with checks or even bothering to check Devils players on our zone..
NOR did they WANT to get to loose pucks at all.
SO THEY BEAR A LOT of the problem..Defense is a TEAM issue even more than offense where individual or duos can make magic by themselves ...but stop g goals takes all 3 parts...Forwards checking and pursuing hard.
.D-mem in position and aware..and Goalies in the zone not off away on a far planet as CC has been the last 2 games..

When you see Kruger and Desjardins adding another -2 each and now -7 each in 14 GP with zero offsetting offense...you know the forwards are being lazy in their d-zone responsibility...And when you see Hammer go -4 in a game...a very great D-man. ..you know he had no support from goalies and forwards...So saying Svedberg is terrible misses the mark by miles..You got the wrong area of the problem...If you watch the NJ forwards in their zone and graded them out for doing the proper job vs.what our lazy forwards (not all but too many) did in not supporting our D-mem tonight...then the Devils' forwards EARN an "A" mark in my opinion and I give a huge "F" to our forwards in not giving resisted center and leaving the d-mem and goalies to fend for themselves. .and when the goalie as last line if defense fails to bail out these lazy forwards who get out-worked and out-wanted for pucks and position so that they get off shots beating such "off" goalie..then debacles like this and the STL game happen ..Bit all you can do is blame Svedberg? Crazy.
IF I had to criticize Daley it would not be so much for bad defending. WE already knew he would not be that good defending.

But rather we must ask where us his offense? ESPECIALLY GOALS? He scores 16 last year but Zero so far in 14 GP. ..I am disappointed he has not given us more 9ffense...has not helped our PP with dangerous point shots getting g in on goal for rebound chances or getting past goalies on the shot or by deflection.This is the biggest surpris/disappointment with him.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
not too worried, honestly my biggest concern is the 4th line...

desi-kruger-shaw are not near as good as they need to be...guys like Garbutt and Tihkonov bring our rosters quota of 4th liners to 5......

my guess is we see a shake up trade that includes Shaw

One of the problems that we have is that it seems that TT needs to be in the top 6 to perform...Here is what I am thinking

Dano-JT-Shaw/Garbutt
TT-AA-Kane
Panarin-Kero-Hossa
Desi/tik-shaw/garbutt

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Another pathetic game by crow. Atleast this game it was not as noticeable since everyone stank, but that does not mean he is off the hook.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
He looked awful tonite. Either his passes are horribly executed or he just doesn't see the ice well and/or is struggling to gel with his teammates. Regardless, his passes - typically in the offensive zone - never find their mark.

I said early on that Daley doesn't get his points due to offensive prowess. His points come from his ability to join the rush because of his feet.

The points are from rebounds, secondary assists and semi tap ins.

This is what we are seeing from him now.

Anyone expecting Campbell or Leddy type offensive skills will continue to be disappointed.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
And Hammer who was -4 tonight and now -6 for the season with just 1a is not "terrible"?

Svedberg has better stats line than that.

Hammer has never put up points, you know that. He's one of the best shutdown defenseman in the league. Everyone is allowed to have a bad game. Calm down.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I said early on that Daley doesn't get his points due to offensive prowess. His points come from his ability to join the rush because of his feet..

You mean his pts come from neglecting his defensive responsibilities and constantly being out of position and caught deep in offensive zone

Thankfully Q wont let Daley play that type of hockey which killed Stars for years. Sadly Daley has no clue what the hell he is doing with regard to playing defensive and his hockey IQ is questionable

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You're heavily exaggerating here. He started out looking like crap, but he's gradually improving. These things take time. The same impatient overreactions were happening with Oduya.

Daley is a 4/5 PMD that can put up some points. People are expecting way too much out of him. I'm going to wait more than 14 games to form a legitimate opinion.

'Expecting way too much' isn't accurate at all. I think people are expecting him to show something, anything positive. Problem is he stinks. I don't see this supposed Daley improvement that you and a couple others have mentioned.

Meanwhile, Oduya, a better player than Daley, signed for less than what Daley makes.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
'Expecting way too much' isn't accurate at all. I think people are expecting him to show something, anything positive. Problem is he stinks. I don't see this supposed Daley improvement that you and a couple others have mentioned.

Meanwhile, Oduya, a better player than Daley, signed for less than what Daley makes.

Oduya makes more than Daley. Use Hockey's Cap.

It is accurate because everyone keeps comparing him to Oduya. He's not going to be as good defensively as Oduya was for the Hawks. It just won't happen. People were even complaining about Oduya all the time, and were incredibly impatient in the beginning. Ideally they'd still have Oduya, but he's gone. Time to move on.

Daley has improved since the start of the season. There can bad games like last night while a player is still improving in general. Almost everyone looked like garbage last night. Maybe Daley won't end up being a fit, but I'm going to give it more than 14 games. I don't know how people can be so impatient.

He's being used as a 5th dman right now. He's an above average bottom pairing dman when you look at it like that. I see what he can be for the Hawks. A 4/5 PMD whose offense (~30 points) will hopefully come.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I think the fact that Odyua's last game here he was hoisting a cup clouds everyones memory to how good of a player he actually was. Hammer made him look a lot better. A lot of times he looked down right brutal away from #4. So many defensive zone turnovers. Q used Odyua right, something he's not doing right now with Daley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad