GDT: Game 14: Chicago @ New Jersey | 11/7/15 6 p.m. CT (CSNC, MSG+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
tZTlY8c.png

chicago_blackhawks.png
vs.png
NJ_Devils_Logo.250x250.png

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2015
6:00PM CST
Newark, New Jersey
CSNC, MSG+

truckgone.jpg

Lineups
Capture_zpsxhswesoc.png
njCapture_zpsnrkltfzc.png

Capture1_zpshbglukho.png
njCapture2_zpssrztqtei.png

Capture3_zpsqsngtt8j.png
njCapture3_zps1ck5tbr3.png

anmee9315b25007649f.gif

CaptureASDF_zpsmgbg4vva.png

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I don't particularly feel good about this game. Just don't think we'll be able to rebound well after our debacle against the Blues. Also going up against a goalie like Schnieder may result in us not being able to score many.

Think we drop this one. :(

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Schneider's good, but the rest of the team isn't what you'd call lights out.

In the next week, we have both of our games against the Devils and a home game versus a McDavid-less Oilers. I won't remotely claim that any are must win games or that we're doomed if we don't win them all, but these are the types of stretches where you can bank points.

Let's get two tonight and six out of six for the next week before we head down to St. Louis' barn next weekend.

And great GDT as usual, thanks!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
To date we have been pitiful on the road, not a normal Hawks characteristic. Need to get wins on the road, tonight would be a good time to start

sverige

Nov 4, 2014
Wooho, first game in forever I'll be able to watch, think we take this one 4-2. Any words on whether Crow or Darling is starting? I presume it's Darling with the pitiful outing Crow had against St. Louis.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
In the next week, we have both of our games against the Devils and a home game versus a McDavid-less Oilers. I won't remotely claim that any are must win games or that we're doomed if we don't win them all, but these are the types of stretches where you can bank points.

My sentiments exactly. If we are going to get on a good run, this is the time to do it.

And great GDT as usual, thanks!

Cheers

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'll be driving downstate during the game, so hopefully I get to listen to a damn good win.

I did update the OP, though. This is actually a sixer start, not seven.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'm expecting the Hawks to come out with some fire tonight after last game. Just play a full 60...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sidney Brown ‏@sidkid80 38m38 minutes ago
Marian Hossa will not play tonight at New Jersey and is doubtful for Sunday's game vs. Edmonton. #Blackhawks #NHL #RedMachine

Sidney Brown ‏@sidkid80 39m39 minutes ago
#Blackhawks starting lines in tonight's game at Devils: 1) 72-19-28, 2) 86-15-88, 3) 56-67-14 & 4) 11-16-65. #CHIvsNJD #NHL #RedMachine

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 54m54 minutes ago
Ryan Garbutt is fine and will play tonight. Marian Hossa did not make the trip. Q hopes he can play Sunday. #Blackhawks

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Tikonov is a -4 in 8 games with 0 goals, 0 assists. He skates hard but nothing happens. Would have liked to see the kiddie line with Hartman continue instead of Tiko.....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The question though is will Garbutt stay on line #1 ¥which was a combined -7 last game) or fill for Harman on line #3? SINCE tTikunov also has no points and is -4 for all games he played it leaves us with : "At least we have Rundblad!" to get his shot at #1 line RW!!!! That was what was at practice this morning as reported by Tracey Meyers..Then Chris Kuc tweets that '"at last" Q smartens up and puts Rundblad on line #1 ....As I had posted many games ago ..since all other RWS have failed to produce in that position. .Remember I had stated that Rundblad looks dangers when he goes attacking the goal...but of course fans cringe when he tries defending his own goal in the d-zone ..And s9 I speculated maybe they can do with him what the Hawks did many years ago turn g D-man Doug Mons into a winger..that one worked really really well..So what have we got to lose by experimentingi? It us not that any other RW we put with Toews (except Kane if we loaded up) has given us offensive e production this year? AND so I for one do not think this is a joke...If Q does this and it actually is a real "clicking" for the line then do not tell me who could have known?I I posted for it long ago...because I think Rundblad has good attacking talent...It would be interesting g t9 see if Q finally has 8nde3d smarten ed up realizing g either Hossa has fallen off a cliff or is very injury-prone as age advances and that nobody else but Kane (that he has so far seen at RW) has the offensive talent to produce..And so Try Rundblad...Maybe just maybe the solution was right under your nose all the time?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I've been wanting them to try Rundblad as a forward for a little while now. Personally, I think its pretty clear he's not going to be an NHL defensman, but he does have some good offensive skills. It's worth a shot. To be clear I doubt it works, but you never know. Maybe they've already done it in practice a bit and he just cant hang.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I've been wanting them to try Rundblad as a forward for a little while now. Personally, I think its pretty clear he's not going to be an NHL defensman, but he does have some good offensive skills. It's worth a shot. To be clear I doubt it works, but you never know. Maybe they've already done it in practice a bit and he just cant hang.

We have plenty of forwards without attempting to turn a failed defender into one. If we were a team that had like 10 injuries and no potential forward prospects, maybe you give it a try. No reason to now.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We have plenty of forwards without attempting to turn a failed defender into one. If we were a team that had like 10 injuries and no potential forward prospects, maybe you give it a try. No reason to now.

Agreed. We seen Q do this with Brookbank and it was a fail. Brookbank was better at everything than Runblad, we don't need to try it again just to find a place for a lousy player. Let him pass out towels in the shower.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Agreed. It might be the best for Runblad's career to give it a shot, but it's certainly not what's best for the team.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Agreed. We seen Q do this with Brookbank and it was a fail. Brookbank was better at everything than Runblad, we don't need to try it again just to find a place for a lousy player. Let him pass out towels in the shower.

How was Brookbank better offensively than Bladder?

To specify, I really would have like to have seen this done in the preseason. I completely understand not wanting to give it a try at this point.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
How was Brookbank better offensively than Bladder?

To specify, I really would have like to have seen this done in the preseason. I completely understand not wanting to give it a try at this point.

Maybe slight egde to Runblad. Thing is, Runblad hasn't shown much offensively either. Hear about offensive promise, but actually producing is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad