GDT: Game 14: Chicago @ New Jersey | 11/7/15 6 p.m. CT (CSNC, MSG+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
There are more issues then a couple injuries

This lineup is not deep and several major players are struggling as well

Add in the Division we play in and how rest of teams are playing and this very much is an issue

I don't undesrstnd why people think this is the same team as last year. It isn't.

They lost a lot of talent and it was replaced by rookies and bums.

Retail1LO*

.500 through 14 games, 2nd to last (with several teams ahead of us having even more games in hand), -1 in goal differential, tied for fewest goals scored in division, absolutely abysmal on the road... I knew this season wouldn't necessarily follow closely in the footsteps of last, but I expected more out of this team at this juncture.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
There are more issues then a couple injuries

This lineup is not deep and several major players are struggling as well

Add in the Division we play in and how rest of teams are playing and this very much is an issue

Obviously not as deep as last year. Last year was just unfair deep. With the emergence of TVR, I actually believe this defense is better than it was last season, when completely healthy. The question this year is going to be secondary scoring. But as of right now this team just cant play a full 60, which is completely standard for regular season Blackhawks.

The way I see it is 5 central teams are going to the dance. Colorado isn't really a threat this year. We just have to beat one of the other teams in the central. With the same amount of games played, we're only 3 points behind WPG with arguably our best player out of the lineup (and another one of our better forwards). I'm fairly confident when we're fully healthy and the chips are down the core of this team is going to produce. They've never been a team that does well with no pressure. But with their backs against the wall this core has proven time and time again that they can get the job done. It's absolutely ridiculous to write this team off in November when they're 3 points out of a playoff spot with some of their best players out.

I would agree that their are some major players not playing too well. There are a number of players right now that have been known producers for this team that havent really shown up yet this season. Do you just think they forgot how to play hockey all together? It's still real early.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Out-scored 19-7 in last 5 road games...all losses 9f course given that...Why can't Q get them to be ready to compete hard on the road? IF and I said IF there is a lesson from this game it is to get our guys to watch the tape if this game and notice how hard NJ battled without the puck ...and how hard their team defended not to give us easy chances...They also gave good offensive shifts when our guys hardly gave any defensive resistance...Q would say NJ played the right way and we failed to show up to compete...c9me team hard 9n every shift for m9st of 60..that 8s what it takes to win in a competitive NHL ...but too many of our guys failed to show up tonight and when CC plays crap to put us in a big hole...well the game was over quickly.

I can forgive losses when an opposing goalie stymied us..but when we fail to show up and compete hard from the getgo and fail to sustain compete through 3 periods...that I can never forgive...As professionals without the tired excuse...they ought to be ashamed ..and CC has to look in his mirror for his recent meltdown against the Blues and then the Devils...Darling w9n his st8 t 2-1 ...and so if tree us any glint of pridefr9m this mess 8f a game then at least we 5ake a bit of solace in that...

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
Unfortunately Oduya hasn't been replaced by Daley. Waste of a roster spot.

This time last year people were calling for Oduya's head because of his horrible play. I'll give Daley the regular season to impress me. It's still too early.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Good thing I'm on my way out. I cant read anymore of these ridiculous overreactions.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hey...Bickell scores and the Rock wins big o er arch-r8val Grand Rapids (I guess it will not be long till recall...Desjardins is s9 crapoy this year he has t9 be sent down...has to be...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Again, so far this year Crow has stats that rank him in the TOP 5 in the NHL. I get it, he's been bad tonight and against the Blues, but hell, he had back-to-back shutouts before that.

Defense has killed us. Keith's injury is really hurting. I think Saad's speed is a missing piece.

And now it's 4-0....ugh.

Hawk fans have to wake up and realize that Crawford'e numbers are all about the team in front of him. The current Hawks need a bit more than average right now.

member 151739

He's not as good as Oduya, but that's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

He doesn't do anything well. Can't pass, hasn't really contributed offensively, lacks hockey IQ, makes boneheaded plays, isn't that physical, doesn't block shots well. What does he do?

Hawk fans have to wake up and realize that Crawford'e numbers are all about the team in front of him. The current Hawks need a bit more than average right now.

Like getting back to back shutouts?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe using Kero at RW with Toews and Panarin will click? In that case we need a C for the 3rd line but also Anisimov got hurt...have to await his status
..Could move Shaw to 3C...TT by injury would need to.play 2C...if Anisimov out any length of time...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Q said (per Tracy) that Anisimov's injury isn't serious and he could play on Sunday.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
He doesn't do anything well. Can't pass, hasn't really contributed offensively, lacks hockey IQ, makes boneheaded plays, isn't that physical, doesn't block shots well. What does he do?

You're heavily exaggerating here. He started out looking like crap, but he's gradually improving. These things take time. The same impatient overreactions were happening with Oduya.

Daley is a 4/5 PMD that can put up some points. People are expecting way too much out of him. I'm going to wait more than 14 games to form a legitimate opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad