GDT: Game 14: Chicago @ New Jersey | 11/7/15 6 p.m. CT (CSNC, MSG+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^
Or Oduya and Hammer worked well together and both carried each other. The early returns of Hammer so far show he misses badly Oduya

As for Q not using Daley right ,, You are correct in a way

Only proper place Q should put Daley is in press box ,, But of course that will never happen

Daley is awful and he is to blame not Q for his lack of playing time

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Oduya makes more than Daley. Use Hockey's Cap.

It is accurate because everyone keeps comparing him to Oduya. He's not going to be as good defensively as Oduya was for the Hawks. It just won't happen. People were even complaining about Oduya all the time, and were incredibly impatient in the beginning. Ideally they'd still have Oduya, but he's gone. Time to move on.

Daley has improved since the start of the season. There can bad games like last night while a player is still improving in general. Almost everyone looked like garbage last night. Maybe Daley won't end up being a fit, but I'm going to give it more than 14 games. I don't know how people can be so impatient.

He's being used as a 5th dman right now. He's an above average bottom pairing dman when you look at it like that. I see what he can be for the Hawks. A 4/5 PMD whose offense (~30 points) will hopefully come.

My bad, I thought JO took about $3m.

Still, one can be patient while also not seeing reasons for optimism regarding his play.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
You mean his pts come from neglecting his defensive responsibilities and constantly being out of position and caught deep in offensive zone

Thankfully Q wont let Daley play that type of hockey which killed Stars for years. Sadly Daley has no clue what the hell he is doing with regard to playing defensive and his hockey IQ is questionable

Bingo. Take Duncs. His offense exists as a result of enhancement to his stellar d game

Dales offense happens as a result of him abandoning his D assignments. Not a coincidence that he had like 16 goals last year but wax a critical part of one of the worst defensive teams in the league

Frankly, I'm not seeing the speed either. On the contrary, I've been pleasantly surprised at the other Dallas cast off's speed

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
^^^

This board sounds like a bunch of Canucks fans this year.

Hawks will be just fine as usual. Get the kinks worked out early and roll through the winter like they usually do.

'As usual'. I find it funny that so many Hawks fans just think the team can magically flip a switch every single season

This year is different. The Hawks lost a LOT of talent (52 goals/200 points) and outside of Anisimov and Panarin, that talent has been replaced by cast off bums (Daley, Garbutt), Rookies (tikh, Dano) or AHLers (Svedberg). Couple that with injuries. Throw in a nice dose of being in the hardest division in sports where all those teams are racking up points and guys playing below their expectations (Kruger, Hossa, etc)

That's the reality of this roster and it's actually what was expected.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplex City View Post
^^^

Hawks will be just fine as usual. Get the kinks worked out early and roll through the winter like they usually do. unquote

I find it funny that so many Hawks fans just think the team can magically flip a switch every single season.

Yep, for the bolded. Reflecting on the past, and assuming it will happen again, makes little sense. Stay in the present.

S A W F T*

LOL People said the same thing in 2013.

The core is still intact. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad