GDT: Game 14 | Anaheim Ducks @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
By the way on the whole Nyquist thing if I had to guess who he is on standby for it is probably Filppula. He has had the problem with his knee all year and probably would have got a rest by now if we didn't have so many injury problems. He basically hasn't been practicing all year.

So while I am excited that he is up, this might not be as great as it sounds if Fil is the guy on the sidelines. We all want Nyquist and Tatar up, problem is we don't want it for Brunner, Filppula, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen.

Plus with Bert being IR'd today they finally had the roster flexability, curious to see the lines tonight. Anaheim has been playing well, but their backend is quite slow in some spots. If Bryan Allen touches Zetterberg again tonight much less hurts him, I hope Ericsson crushes him. Hate that guy, he has got Z twice, anytime we play him I worry.

RedWingsNow*

Filppula has been invisible most of the year. I am thinking Flip is hurt. Could also be Cleary.

Pretty young looking lineup we got.
Now bench Cleary for Ferraro and I'm happy.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I dont get why other fan bases hate the Wings :laugh:. When we played the Ducks in the last 5-10 years in the playoffs, they were typically good, hard fought series. Pronger was probably the dirtiest/ edgiest player involved in those games, including other Burkie slugs on lower lines, so I feel if anyone should dislike anyone, it should be us hating on Ducks, but I could care less. Most series were awesome and hard earned for whoever came out alive. The Wings v Ducks series in the 2nd round in 2009 was probably the best series in the entire playoffs. Wings didn't do much in the way of controversy in any of the series, IIRC. Why do people hate on us so much?

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
According to the Ducks GDT we are the most annoying Franchise next to the Yanks and have the "Most" bandwagon fans ever. I mean I know we have haters but damn they seem seriously pissed. Did we **** in their cereal or something?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I dont get why other fan bases hate the Wings :laugh:. When we played the Ducks in the last 5-10 years in the playoffs, they were typically good, hard fought series. Pronger was probably the dirtiest/ edgiest player involved in those games, including other Burkie slugs on lower lines, so I feel if anyone should dislike anyone, it should be us hating on Ducks, but I could care less. Most series were awesome and hard earned for whoever came out alive. The Wings v Ducks series in the 2nd round in 2009 was probably the best series in the entire playoffs. Wings didn't do much in the way of controversy in any of the series, IIRC. Why do people hate on us so much?

Since it is our board and won't cause some sort of comments about ego stroking and the backlash where I am made into a villian. We know the reason, and it is jealousy. I am not saying that in a bragging way. But when you are king of the mountain for some 20 years a lot of people hate you.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That is petty BS, imo. Of course I get losing is tough, but if you lose in a competitive, honest way, why hang on to the negativity? Makes little sense to me.

It makes little sense to me also, but that is how a lot of people think.

With Colorado, there was a fight back and players I understand them hating. With the Ducks, mostly the Wings turned the other cheek on their bullying tactics.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
It makes little sense to me also, but that is how a lot of people think.

With Colorado, there was a fight back and players I understand them hating. With the Ducks, mostly the Wings turned the other cheek on their bullying tactics.

Yeah exactly. There was legitimate bad blood with the Avs, lots of big hits and fights,etc. Ducks used to beat themselves by taking bad penalties for retaliating and generally being temper tantrum kings.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
People hate the Wings cause they win all the time. It's a simple as that. Of all the consistent winners in sports, the Wings (and Spurs) are probably the classiest and least hate-able, but people still find ways to hate them.

They rarely employ cancer-type players people hate, the entire organization from ownership down is class and they don't exactly go out and buy every FA.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
From Kukla's corner:

Somebody’s hurt and when I posted this, we had no idea who it was. Gustav’s been called up for a “player to be named†and that means Uncle Mike and Tick Tock are hiding something. I’ve got sour news for you Jack. You don’t keep a Cleary lower-body injury secret.

You keep a Datsyuk or Zetterberg injury secret.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Filppula has been invisible most of the year. I am thinking Flip is hurt. Could also be Cleary.

Pretty young looking lineup we got.
Now bench Cleary for Ferraro and I'm happy.
many F's have looked subpar to me, other than zetterberg, so i would not be surprised who is injured, other than zetterberg and a couple of others like tatar.

datsyuk's skating has looked to me sort of like it did last season after his knee injury. not as bad, but he has not had much speed and has not been aggressive. late last game, he easily could have had a puck on the end boards in offensive zone, but did not get it. may have been trying to avoid a hit, but it was strange.

I love that goal, but there is no way though if that happens to us that a significant portion of the fanbase still doesn't talk about our goalie getting pitchforked into the net to decide a series.
that happened in '07 series, but it did not decide a series. i think it was in game 2, which anaheim won in OT.

cleary's goal should not have been the deciding goal, anyway, b/c anaheim scored a PP goal after pronger crosschecked hudler into hiller, resulting in a BS penalty to hudler for goalie interference.

i am more bitter '07 WCF than almost any other. also still bitter about osgood's play in '96 WCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad