GDT: Game 13: Washington @ Pittsburgh, 3pm EST Feb 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Second line for Pens is key here. Get that line going and Malkin up for the caps is a good thing. At least Pens D is decent now with a couple guys back.

I think you mean get MALKIN going, right? Since it's all his fault and he's terrible etc. Everyone else on that line has been picture perfect and an absolutely custom fit for his long-established style of play. It's all on one guy because that's totally fair and accurate.

/s

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Oh good, Swiss cheese is in net.

Don’t get me wrong, DeSmith is a fringe NHL goalie right now, but Jarry has been even worse. The team held the Isles to the 3 goals; why are we not riding him again?

We have no room for error as we continue to get buried in the standings. I don’t think Jarry should be given another opportunity in the next two games unless DeSmith fails. Try Jarry again in the next series against the Isles.

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Will be missing this game, but hopefully Jarry plays good. He’s key in us bouncing back this season along with Geno starting up.

I will take a guess and say Geno plays really good today.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If I got the GM or PoHOp job I would make it mandatory.

Randy... buddy... I'm sorry. They made their decision. It's over.

But look don't let it bring you down. You have to start smaller. Look maybe just walk into whatever tarpaper shack or mud hut the Nailers run their organization out of, razzle-dazzle them with like a lighter and some shiny keys or something and get your foot in the door there, first.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You like PTSD?

To go where nobody has gone... for a little while.

b10afa91b0a2f8a8cc17f3d30389b2e8.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015

Don’t get me wrong, DeSmith is a fringe NHL goalie right now, but Jarry has been even worse. The team held the Isles to the 3 goals; why are we not riding him again?

We have no room for error as we continue to get buried in the standings. I don’t think Jarry should be given another opportunity in the next two games unless DeSmith fails. Try Jarry again in the next series against the Isles.

Because Jarry will not turn anything around not playing.

Like it or not Jarry was our choice for number one (and we know DeSmith ain't one) so we should play him like one. If he turns out a complete bust then so be it, not like the team is on fire elsewhere this ear.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Perhaps one day we can even change his line.

Dare to dream.

Why? It's completely his fault that he has zero chemistry with the team's supposedly second premier wing. He obviously doesn't give a shit as evidenced by the like 15 years of massive success here and being less than a year removed from a monster season. What have you been watching? He sucks on purpose because he hates us.

I mean they could maybe flip two guys for a few games and see what happens but... have you forgotten about DUOS?!? We can't not have duos.

*points out Malkin and Rust were broken up*

THAT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE REASONS

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Because Jarry will not turn anything around not playing.

Like it or not Jarry was our choice for number one (and we know DeSmith ain't one) so we should play him like one. If he turns out a complete bust then so be it, not like the team is on fire elsewhere this ear.
Let him figure it out against a team with a crappy offense, not the Caps. We don’t have time to dick around like this or we will get buried deeper.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
With **** making decisions?

I have something to say about this, but I wont for obvious reasons.

I just say sell tickets and let people that want to come in, come the **** in. The place is huge..... spread out.....

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Why? It's completely his fault that he has zero chemistry with the team's supposedly second premier wing. He obviously doesn't give a shit as evidenced by the like 15 years of massive success here and being less than a year removed from a monster season. What have you been watching? He sucks on purpose because he hates us.

I mean they could maybe flip two guys for a few games and see what happens but... have you forgotten about DUOS?!? We can't not have duos.

*points out Malkin and Rust were broken up*

THAT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE REASONS

Yeah best to just move on from Malkin now without trying anything different.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah best to just move on from Malkin now without trying anything different.

For real. What a dud. That cliff sure does come up supernaturally fast, eh?

Though it really isn't that -- he's perfectly fine he just hates the Pittsburgh Penguins and is playing terribly on purpose. He loves to let his team down... it's kind of his thing!

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLDpou_p6e4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
For real. What a dud. That cliff sure does come up supernaturally fast, eh?

Though it really isn't that -- he's perfectly fine he just hates the Pittsburgh Penguins and is playing terribly on purpose. He loves to let his team down... it's kind of his thing!

Some people aren't comfortable with the idea that Zucker - while a good player in his own right - may not fit very well with our centers. But that seems a lot more likely to me than "Malkin bad now" after dominating with Guentzel and Rust last year.

Hopefully new management will be able to look at who works and who doesn't here with fresh eyes, without the apron strings that come with paying a 1st rounder and a good prospect for a guy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jarry inspires about as much confidence right now as JR with a bunch of assets burning a hole in his pocket on the TDL but, I mean... they have to get some starts in for him.

Plus it's not like this team is doing anything with Evgeni Malkin purposely playing terrible hockey because he's Russian and probably pouting about something or whatever Madden told me to think this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad