GDT: Game 13: Washington @ Pittsburgh, 3pm EST Feb 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
How can you watch Blueger and see only a 4th line player? My guy has blossomed into a good third liner.

Tanev is a 3/4 line tweener. Depends on his linemates for sure.

ZAR is a 4th liner. That is fair.
Blueger would be fine as the 3C if he wasn’t playing with a 4th liner and a tweener. If we could find a legitimate 3RW, then I think it would be okay.

Blueger can’t be your best offensive forward on the third line, sorry.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Also, the lack of bottom six depth is a huge issue, Kap was out and ERod played; now McCann is out and BART is your third line.

That needs to be addressed ASAP. The lack of depth will kill this team once we lose a top 6 player for more than a game. We are barely treading water fully healthy in the top 6 as is.

Last edited:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Blueger would be fine as the 3C if he wasn’t playing with a 4th liner and a tweener. If we could find a legitimate 3RW, then I think it would be okay.

Blueger can’t be your best offensive forward on the third line, sorry.

Pop quiz who is tied with Geno for 4th in points on the team?

I agree in that I want a skilled guy for him and Tanev to play with. That would make a great 3rd line. I think TB is developing into one of the better 3Cs in the league. If he improves faceoffs...look out!

Reactions: OscarsCards

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
please at least goaltending be good so we don’t read more rossi fleury speculation pieces

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
two very similar teams, bad defense, giving up multitudes of high danger chances...Pens actually creating more shots 53% vs 48%, HD chances 50% vs. 47.8%, 5on5 but we got killed on special plays and goal tending...thats the difference in points right now....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Kinda weird to start Jarry in such a crucial game.

I think thats the point.

Sully telling Jarry... 'hey man... there is no _easy_ way to get into this season.
Either you can hang with the pressure when the team needs a strong stable dependable goalie..... or you can't.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pop quiz who is tied with Geno for 4th in points on the team?

I agree in that I want a skilled guy for him and Tanev to play with. That would make a great 3rd line. I think TB is developing into one of the better 3Cs in the league. If he improves faceoffs...look out!
Geno, the same guy that is having a horrible season thus far? Geno isn’t even in the top 160 for most points, probably not the best person to use.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He’s on a 4 game point streak. I’d say he is coming out of the horrible.
I love Geno, but I don’t think he should be used for comparison reasons to say someone is having a good season because they have the same amount of points.

Let’s see where they stand in 10 games from now.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad