GDT: Game 13: Washington @ Pittsburgh, 3pm EST Feb 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah just waive him if he won’t accept a trade to Ottawa like JR threatened to do to PH...we are ready for Blueger to move up and Laff is ready to take the next step!

Hey maybe they can get Bonino or Jordy back when they get rid of that cancer Malkin!

<3 teh Jordy!

Biggest mistake ever to trade him like a bunch of meanies! Humph! :thumbd:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Malkin’s line has scored 5 goals in the past 71 minutes (6 games) and had 1 goal against in that time.

Save the pity party until after we lose ;)

source.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Malkin’s line has scored 5 goals in the past 71 minutes (6 games) and had 1 goal against in that time.

Like I keep saying -- horrible!

We don't pay that man to play defense! Though when he is I'll never acknowledge it and while he is on his usual point pace I WILL piss and moan about the defensive side of his game incessantly... with GRAPHS if I must! Have I ever told you about faceoffs and giveaways, Hanks? Well... if you thought GOALS and the like were the point of the game I've got some news for you, sir.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Even though Blueger would make for a nice luxury at 4C, he's showing he can be an effective 3C this year.

ZAR-Blueger-Tanev is pretty light on talent to be any kind of regular offensive factor though.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Caps fan coming in peace (and love, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day).

Feels like we could be due another classic goal scoring back and forth, where the D and G on both teams have been replaced by cardboard cut outs and it’s just a skills clinic between Ovi, Crosby, Backstrom, Malkin et al. until it’s actually decided in the dying minutes of the third, OT or a shootout. Caps have an almost fully healthy lineup, but coming off an unplanned week off and it’ll be several guys first time back since injury or COVID. Lots of rust likely. And our goaltending, while mostly good, is from a rookie who’s been letting in 3 goals+ most games. Our backup would struggle to stop a beach ball. Game could get ugly and/or entertaining. And once Samsonov does come back, who knows if we’ll have our own Jarry on our hands.

While I’m obviously rooting for the Caps and never enjoy Pens victories, I do hold your stars and head coach in high regard and it’s disappointing to potentially see generational talent like Crosby and Malkin playing on such a disjointed/flawed team during what might be their last seriously-competitive years. You guys know your roster issues better than anyone so I won’t bore you with my thoughts, but I’ve no doubt if they can be resolved you can still be the powerhouse team you’ve been the last many years. It makes me sad to think a few years from now the Caps and Pens might well not be enjoying signature playoff rivalries... Let’s make the most of it while it lasts.

Enjoy the game and stay safe

:heart:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Feels like we could be due another classic goal scoring back and forth, where the D and G on both teams have been replaced by cardboard cut outs and it’s just a skills clinic between Ovi, Crosby, Backstrom, Malkin et al. until it’s actually decided in the dying minutes of the third, OT or a shootout. Caps have an almost fully healthy lineup, but coming off an unplanned week off and it’ll be several guys first time back since injury or COVID. Lots of rust likely. And our goaltending, while mostly good, is from a rookie who’s been letting in 3 goals+ most games. Our backup would struggle to stop a beach ball. Game could get ugly and/or entertaining. And once Samsonov does come back, who knows if we’ll have our own Jarry on our hands.

While I’m obviously rooting for the Caps and never enjoy Pens victories, I do hold your stars and head coach in high regard and it’s disappointing to potentially see generational talent like Crosby and Malkin playing on such a disjointed/flawed team during what might be their last seriously-competitive years. You guys know your roster issues better than anyone so I won’t bore you with my thoughts, but I’ve no doubt if they can be resolved you can still be the powerhouse team you’ve been the last many years. It makes me sad to think a few years from now the Caps and Pens might well not be enjoying signature playoff rivalries... Let’s make the most of it while it lasts.

I dread high risk,high reward style play especially this season because we end up on the wrong side too much.

3 cheers for defence :laugh:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Matinee games reek of defensive ineptitude.

Enjoy the Letang turnovers and free 2 on 0 on the PK!

Reactions: HecticGlow

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Even though Blueger would make for a nice luxury at 4C, he's showing he can be an effective 3C this year.

ZAR-Blueger-Tanev is pretty light on talent to be any kind of regular offensive factor though.
Yea that’s the problem - they are all really good fourth line players that are being asked to play above their abilities. It would be one thing if one of them was on the third line full-time, but when you have three fringe third line players playing together, it’s too much to ask.

That line needs someone to produce. Again, it’s not surprising that the third line would struggle offensively. I think one or possibly even two of them could hold down the fort on the third line, but it’s unreasonable to have all three of them.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yea that’s the problem - they are all really good fourth line players that are being asked to play above their abilities. It would be one thing if one of them was on the third line full-time, but when you have three fringe third line players playing together, it’s too much to ask.

That line needs someone to produce. Again, it’s not surprising that the third line would struggle offensively. I think one or possibly even two of them could hold down the fort on the third line, but it’s unreasonable to have all three of them.

How can you watch Blueger and see only a 4th line player? My guy has blossomed into a good third liner.

Tanev is a 3/4 line tweener. Depends on his linemates for sure.

ZAR is a 4th liner. That is fair.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad