GDT: Game 13: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 2/10/21 7:30pm EST SN, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Guys, help me out. Picking players to score tonight on my Tim Hortons app. Does danault score? Who else?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The Leafs are who we thought they were: a good team. Huge test tonight.

Stay out of the box, throw the body, and get shots on Freddie.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Here's the updated contact rules for Leafs games moving forward. Any Leaf player in the blue zones are off limits.

leaf_rules.jpg

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Don't give them too much PP but our D need to stay physical against their top players to keep time and space away from them.
Habs need the 2 points to keep being in the race for the 1st place in our division and we need to avenge our lost in OT in the 1st game of the season.

Habs win 5-4 in OT

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Paul byron is playing well on the fourth line imo. I mean, the only things a coachs is asking for this line is to forechek and keep the puck deep in o zone. And make no mistake/turnover (bring energy). Its not all about production imo. However. This kind of guy shouldnt be paid 3,4 millions to play that kind of role. This is what I doesnt like. His high salary for these resppnsabilities
Forecheck. Backcheck. Paycheck.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Stay out of the box cause they are probably the more dangerous offensive team right now with open space. I'm excited and nervous for tonight's game. If the Habs hand it to them and a convincing win, I'll be a believer we can win the division. If not, we are going to be in that top 4 mix and it's going to be a war all season long. We got a great start which helps
You know...there are likely to be several other pivotal matchups between both teams the rest of the year.

Tonight is a big game but let's have some perspective.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
The Habs were not physically dominant during the last few games; they actually were on the receiving end of headshots and edgy plays. They need to get back to it and there are no reasons for Chiarot, Weber and Edmundson to be soft. That's actually their main added value.

Reactions: Canadienna and dkd

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021

For those interested here is my preview for tonight's game!!!
Nothing feels more special than a good ol game between the Habs and Leafs thats for sure.

Reactions: MasterDecoy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Habs were not physically dominant during the last few games; they actually were on the receiving end of headshots and edgy plays. They need to get back to it and there are no reasons for Chiarot, Weber and Edmundson to be soft. That's actually their main added value.
These guys be playing softer than Mete out there.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The only game that the Habs got "dominated" was the last game in the 2nd and 3rd period against Ottawa. The other games were either even or Habs dominated for the most part.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Habs will have to play an "in your face" style hockey to win this. Can't let the Leafs stars skate around without punishing them (legally) with physical play. Make them pay for every inch. All that being said, they really also have to stay out of the box, so they have to make sure they're playing within the legal limits. I have no faith in our PK at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad