GDT: Game #13 Stars - Perdaturs - 7:30PM CST - Probably on FSSW

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Nuke was turning pucks over left and right, he didn't just get benched for staying out too long.

Yeah... So when was the last time he played LW...

Our lines have been all over the place all season so far, and hey lets try working on lines in practice we actually plan on using during a game...

I know Eaves got a goal, but I still don't want him on the top two lines. Even though both Sceviour and Nichushkin have looked good with Benn and Seguin we go with Eaves. Hell why not try Hemsky there, then put Roussel and Nichushkin with Spezza and Fiddler with Garbutt LW and Eaves RW. And still no changes to the defensive pairings. Sure maybe moving them around wont help.. But neither will keeping them in their current pairs apparently

Bkennedy*

Feels like it, too much talent to suck this bad.. I say fire Frasier first though

I mean I'm not saying fire anyone. It's just obvious that there's a coaching problem when there are this many mental/strategic mistakes on the defense (apart from just the normal they suck stuff).

That and the horrid line management like having Eaves on the first line and moving Nuke down last night when he was easily the best player on that line.

Guys. We're still only 3 points back of 3rd in the division with a game in hand. Less than a month into the season.

Calm the **** down.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
My biggest issue (and someone already said it a couple days ago) is that we're trying to be a high speed-puck possession team like Chicago, but we cant pass the puck nearly as well. We're trying to generate all of our speed by skating rather than making solid passes.

Granted, it's infinitely easier to move the puck like that when you have Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson/Oduya.... it starts with D. I think that's one place Myers would help a ton.

Also, I am so ****ing sick of seeing our team try 60 foot stretch passes twice a shift. It's so easy to pick up on and stop. They only work when the other team isnt ready for them.

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
Mediocre team is mediocre. Meh, whatever. At least I fell asleep and didn't have to watch them be dumb for an hour.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Didn't watch this game, had other stuff to do.

Almost forgot about it until late last night.

Wasn't surprised when I saw the score, either.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah... So when was the last time he played LW...

Our lines have been all over the place all season so far, and hey lets try working on lines in practice we actually plan on using during a game...

I know Eaves got a goal, but I still don't want him on the top two lines. Even though both Sceviour and Nichushkin have looked good with Benn and Seguin we go with Eaves. Hell why not try Hemsky there, then put Roussel and Nichushkin with Spezza and Fiddler with Garbutt LW and Eaves RW. And still no changes to the defensive pairings. Sure maybe moving them around wont help.. But neither will keeping them in their current pairs apparently
In the prior game, the Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin line was awful. They ended every shift chasing the puck around in their own zone because of turnovers or the inability to win puck battles. Eaves got promoted in an effort to see if Ruff could add someone to the line who could change things some, and it didn't really help because Eaves isn't very good at anything.

And I'm not a fan of excusing Nuke's bad turnover late in a shift due to him being new to LW.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
In the prior game, the Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin line was awful. They ended every shift chasing the puck around in their own zone because of turnovers or the inability to win puck battles. Eaves got promoted in an effort to see if Ruff could add someone to the line who could change things some, and it didn't really help because Eaves isn't very good at anything.

And I'm not a fan of excusing Nuke's bad turnover late in a shift due to him being new to LW.

Not excusing it, just saying the coach should have maybe given him some practice time at LW the day before instead of waiting until a game to experiment. He's what 19 still, just coming back from an injury that caused him to miss most of training camp and most of the season, did he have some turnovers yeah, but so did the entire team, and they don't have those excuses. We keep trying to use Eaves and Cole in top 6 roles where neither are very good at them, and it drags down those lines. Would have been nice to see how Roussel did with Spezza and Hemsky in an actual game. This whole team just seems out of sync right now.

Getting someone to go to the net on each line would be a nice start though. Maybe try Hemsky with Benn Seguin and Roussel with Spezza Nuke and Cole or Sceviour with Eakin Garbutt.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
To be honest, I thought Spezza-Hemsky was creating more chances than Seguin-Benn...I mean, Hemsky had at least 3 chances to score (facing only the goalie with no defensemen in front of him). I'm just so dumbfounded at why they can't finish their plays properly...

Daley as always impresses me (only when it comes to offense though)...the rest of the D are either mediocre or just plain pathetic.

Lethonen was good...but he gets little support.

Joride has to go...or get benched. He doesn't look like he belongs to the NHL.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
To be honest, I thought Spezza-Hemsky was creating more chances than Seguin-Benn...I mean, Hemsky had at least 3 chances to score (facing only the goalie with no defensemen in front of him). I'm just so dumbfounded at why they can't finish their plays properly...

Daley as always impresses me (only when it comes to offense though)...the rest of the D are either mediocre or just plain pathetic.

Lethonen was good...but he gets little support.

Joride has to go...or get benched. He doesn't look like he belongs to the NHL.

There was a stat somewhere near the end of the broadcast where Benn had 6 shots on goal and all 6 were scoring chances... Seguin had 7 and 6 of them were chances if I remember right...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad