GDT: Game #13 Stars - Perdaturs - 7:30PM CST - Probably on FSSW

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Nothing happened for this team when the game was tied (and winnable). The only time they actually put some effort into it was when they were down and out.

1-2-4 at home reflects on the quality of the team. They're just lucky a couple more of those OT loses weren't regulation. Not to mention the only game they've won at home they got outshot by a ridiculous margin and it was only fluke luck on the goals that saw them through.

I would say at this point the train is well off the tracks and just about to slide over the cliff.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Who the **** cares who our goaltender is, put ****ing Anders Lindback there for all I care. When they fix the rest of this team I'll start worrying about a bad goaltender.

The point would be to get rid of a terrible contract (6 million for 4 more years for an aging goaltender who is average at best at this point of his career).

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Who the **** cares who our goaltender is, put ****ing Anders Lindback there for all I care. When they fix the rest of this team I'll start worrying about a bad goaltender.

The point would be to get rid of a terrible contract (6 million for 4 more years for an aging goaltender who is average at best at this point of his career).

The money you would save trading Lehtonen and bringing in a middling goaltender at $3-4 million is nothing. Especially for a team that has $30 million opening in cap space.

MetalGodAOD*

Harding could never play an NHL game again, hardly worth banking on being your #1.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
The money you would save trading Lehtonen and bringing in a middling goaltender at $3-4 million is nothing. Especially for a team that has $30 million opening in cap space.

yeah well the interesting idea would be that you could quite possibly save that 3 million with no drop off in performance. It also gives you more flexibility moving forward with your roster with regards to Jack Campbell.

It's a waste of time to talk about it though. No GM in this league worth his salt would trade for that contract... So that leaves Craig MacTavish, but we know how superstitious teams are about trading inside the conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad