GDT: Game 13 | Philadelphia @ Columbus | 7 PM EST | The Return of Torts

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

“You’re going after the wrong guy here.”

Hmm

He is not implying what you think he is implying.

But he really likes Brad Larsen, as most of us do. Larsen is a great guy, no doubt. It's his competence in analyzing the game I am seriously doubting.

Reactions: CBJx614

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015

“You’re going after the wrong guy here.”

Hmm

"I don't know what team we're playing on any given day and I don't keep track of other teams, but also I know the fact that you suck - which is a thing I know in spite of the first half of this sentence - is not because of my guy."

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think so too, but that’s some interesting phrasing.

How many times have you heard somebody in this situation say something along the lines of, “no single person is to blame”.

Definitely not what he said. As if somebody is to blame.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Can any of our Finnish-speaking friends 1) verify that this translation is accurate and 2) provide their take on the tone and attitude with which it was delivered? It sounds a little damning.
That's not quite the whole story. They were spectating open practices of Avs and Jackets on Thursday, and at that part on the podcast they were comparing both teams' first drills on the day.

Avs warm-up drill as a group was to quickly pick up pucks from center ice, make 1 or 2 simple passes, and the last guy getting the puck would drive towards the net and just shoot it. Jackets first drill looked slower and more complicated to them, with forwards doing wide circles and more passes in the neutral zone that required involvement from a lot of players, and then the drill would end with a dump-in.

The other guy on the podcast who happens to be Laine's friend later asked Laine why would you do that first in your practice session, to which Laine had responded half jokingly something along the lines of "we've been wondering the same with the guys". I didn't notice anything particularly alarming about the details of the stories they shared or the tone of their voice etc. I got the sense that they were concerned about how Jackets have played this year and this observation of Jackets practice habits was their way of expanding the talk for another minute or two and just stressing the point that Jackets look really bad right now.

But that's just my interpretation, other Finns on the board may disagree.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
More from Laine that adds nothing positive that will be morphed into something about him being “honest” or a “leader”.

Interesting that there seems to be a lack of conversation regarding the updated goaltending situation….

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Torts to get a video? Sure Philly will take that and another butt spanking win against us. When we lose we sure don't even like to keep it close and I don't see the team pulling together some pride and working for it.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
That's not quite the whole story. They were spectating open practices of Avs and Jackets on Thursday, and at that part on the podcast they were comparing both teams' first drills on the day.

Avs warm-up drill as a group was to quickly pick up pucks from center ice, make 1 or 2 simple passes, and the last guy getting the puck would drive towards the net and just shoot it. Jackets first drill looked slower and more complicated to them, with forwards doing wide circles and more passes in the neutral zone that required involvement from a lot of players, and then the drill would end with a dump-in.

The other guy on the podcast who happens to be Laine's friend later asked Laine why would you do that first in your practice session, to which Laine had responded half jokingly something along the lines of "we've been wondering the same with the guys". I didn't notice anything particularly alarming about the details of the stories they shared or the tone of their voice etc. I got the sense that they were concerned about how Jackets have played this year and this observation of Jackets practice habits was their way of expanding the talk for another minute or two and just stressing the point that Jackets look really bad right now.

But that's just my interpretation, other Finns on the board may disagree.
Jarmo is a Finn too so I don't think any problem would be.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
How did Sillinger fumble that one... But alas, this is the hockey we were waiting for this season. Now just wonder how long it'll last...

And Olivier picks a fight with Deslauriers. Meh. Don't think we needed this now and I don't want to read 10 years from now how Olivier's brain is mush and he blames the league or the team. YMMV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad