Post-Game Talk: Game 13: Penalty Kill Bill | Blackhawks vs. Stars | 11/6/16 6 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Panik is actually a pretty fast skater. He plays a very north south game when he is on his game and that doesn't always fit with all players.

Yeah but he seldom makes plays at speed. He's a garbageman who can stickhandle in a phone booth and so far Q has exploited that skill. Hope he can keep lighting it up.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
if two (21M) guys still would need another special or specific one to play well and to be effective, then it would be worse as I've thought.
Tootoo is better than expected, he got 'special' ability that no one else in the active roster has.He doesn't compete for the roster spot with Schmaltz, Hartman, Hinostroza or whoever else but only and only with Mashinter.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Apparently same lineup as last night for the Blackhawks.

So we get another 6 utterly pointless minutes of Tootoo! Yay!

lol

I'd much rather have that outcome than to see Schmaltz sitting. And Tootoo is not as bad as you make him seem.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah but he seldom makes plays at speed. He's a garbageman who can stickhandle in a phone booth and so far Q has exploited that skill. Hope he can keep lighting it up.

Being able to do that is not an everyday skill. I would rather he have that him be a dangler who was not good around the net. Skills around the net have HUGE value.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Problem is Toews of 2010/2013 is a distant memory

What we are left with is a guy who is shell of that player (Though paid far more then that player)

Its rather telling that moving even Kane to his line hasn't been able to salvage that contract at this point

Its getting more and more concerning to watch #19 struggle at this point
geeze.
it is only game 13 of the season and the team has finally showing chemistry, the goalie is starting to show how valuable he is, the hawks really have a solid 3 to 4 lines.

Toews , well my only point is let hims play and see at 20 games.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
if two (21M) guys still would need another special or specific one to play well and to be effective, then it would be worse as I've thought.

i really think the coach is trying to spread the talent around and thus, need complimentary players who can finish.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
i really think the coach is trying to spread the talent around and thus, need complimentary players who can finish.
Toews used to play often in front of the net in past seasons, but now with Panik AND Kane in the line, he has to play a little bit different role, more create space for Kane/himself and less fight for the net spot with Panik (like yesterday by 1st goal).From Kaner's POV Toews should have more of Panarin's play and less of Anisimov's.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Toews used to play often in front of the net in past seasons, but now with Panik AND Kane in the line, he has to play a little bit different role, more create space for Kane/himself and less fight for the net spot with Panik (like yesterday by 1st goal).From Kaner's POV Toews should have more of Panarin's play and less of Anisimov's.

with the bold, i really can't post an opinion. b/c i don't see them live. so i will give way to those who has.

but isn't a center-man is the player who kind of cycles and tries to feed a player.

the player who is in front is a winger kind of a powerforward, who makes his living doing that..... much like dustin byfuglien did, most impressively against PHL in the stanely cup final??

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Being able to do that is not an everyday skill. I would rather he have that him be a dangler who was not good around the net. Skills around the net have HUGE value.

Agreed.

And you know what other player is in that same category? JVR .... just sayin'

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Eddie says Clydesdale line in the house tonight........yeah that's right Kurt Fraser on the Stars bench.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
Half of the Stars forwards are injured and the forward they called up from the AHL (Dowling) played on Friday and Saturday so they dressed a defenseman (Nemeth) as a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad