Pre-Game Talk: Game 13: Leafs @ Canadiens, February 10 at 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The two top teams in the North battle it out for supremacy. Guessing Price gets the start and the rest of the lineup remains unchanged. While I know it’s the “cool” thing to bag on Price, I think he’ll have a strong showing and limit Matthews to just one goal :sarcasm:

61D0AD4F-9511-4D8F-A43C-3360582D65FB.gif

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
After this coming Saturday, they get a week off. After that, their schedule is completely nuts. I don’t think they have more than two days off until April.
As much as I wanted to see Price have the game yesterday to rebound, this may be a reason they're doing it. If they play Price straight out until the break, that's a long ass time for Allen to be off and then "schedule chaos" like you you said.

You have to think Price gets this one, Allen gets EDM, and then Price gets Saturday's.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
As much as I wanted to see Price have the game yesterday to rebound, this may be a reason they're doing it. If they play Price straight out until the break, that's a long ass time for Allen to be off and then "schedule chaos" like you you said.

You have to think Price gets this one, Allen gets EDM, and then Price gets Saturday's.
There are 17G in 29 days coming up, both goalies are going to get plenty of work - as will taxi squad players not used to date. This was a calculated move.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
After this coming Saturday, they get a week off. After that, their schedule is completely nuts. I don’t think they have more than two days off until April.

From Feb. 20 to May 3 (73 days) they play 39 games and only have 2 -2 day breaks (Feb.28-Mar1 & Apr 17-18).

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
The leafs are overall a soft skilled team. Mathews and his agent complaining after the first game about the cross checks and rough play. Montreal needs to be physical and stop the down low cycle, clean through the neutral zone, and pressure their defense. Like we have seen since the start of the season until the 2 games against Ottawa. Going to be a real test.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
3 days before the game....might be the longest pre-game thread of all time lol.

The Leafs are flying at the moment, going to be a tough one
Agreed... I don't think Leafs had seen any real challenge so far. They are good. Are they playoffs good that's too be seen. Lucky for them they won't know until conference finals.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I suspect Armia is back in on Wednesday.
He'll be rusty. I hope his head is fully clear. I honestly don't believe in full recovery from a concussion in less than a month. Especially when you play a very physical sport. Sigh. Why won't they give Frolik a few games and keep Armia on a shelf for few more weeks?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Edmundson only has one minor penalty, he’s been disciplined.

Chiarot and kulak on the other hand :eek:
Benny C has been a disaster so far this year. He needs to figure it out. Some games I wonder if he just got introduced to the NHL... others he looks pretty decent . Inconsistent at best.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020

If Price has a rough game Wednesday and Allen plays well on Thursday, I’d hope the team plays Allen on Saturday.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
You sure you dont want Chiarot and Edmundson needlessly getting their hands and sticks in peoples faces?

Nothing wrong with a few crosschecks to the neck from time to time.....oh wait, there is. Their PP will kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad