Pre-Game Talk: Game 13: Leafs @ Canadiens, February 10 at 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Moving Kotkaniemi in front of the net seems like poor use of his talents. As others mentioned, it's also a genuine threat to him with Weber on the same unit.

Also just noticed Romanov not on either unit :(
He's got a wrister that takes forever and handles the puck like a grenade. He's not meant to play on the half-wall. (KK)

At least he can exploit his playmaking and use his frame around the net in his new position. He better embrace it and work his ass off, or else...

iu

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
He's got a wrister that takes forever and handles the puck like a grenade. He's not meant to play on the half-wall. (KK)

At least he can exploit his playmaking and use his frame around the net in his new position. He better embrace it and work his ass off, or else...

I actually think the half wall is exactly where he belongs. I hope you're right about him at the net, but I'm also genuinely concerned about him taking one of Weber's mile-wide bombs.

Kotkaniemi seems to be becoming a polarizing figure on here these days. In my opinion we should be pretty happy with how his game is rounding out this early in his career. The sky is still the limit for him.

Reactions: Saxon and Walrus26

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
I actually think the half wall is exactly where he belongs. I hope you're right about him at the net, but I'm also genuinely concerned about him taking one of Weber's mile-wide bombs.

Kotkaniemi seems to be becoming a polarizing figure on here these days. In my opinion we should be pretty happy with how his game is rounding out this early in his career. The sky is still the limit for him.
Chances are weber will hit him on the half wall with his shot before he hits him near the net so don't worry.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Moving Kotkaniemi in front of the net seems like poor use of his talents. As others mentioned, it's also a genuine threat to him with Weber on the same unit.

Also just noticed Romanov not on either unit :(

He's mainly going to be on the goal line. Same position Drouin played before the recent changes.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Leafs PP clicking around 40 percent which is ridiculous. They are much less effective than us 5-5. Our PK will have to be sharp and we have to stop taking so many bad penalties. Kulak is right up there for doing that.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Must win. I hate Leafs fans.
checking on their board, i find them clueless compared to our knowledge of their lineup. it's f***ing weird. will be a good game - and we should win if we stay out of the box. quality depth vs high end talent + we have a better D and goalies

ps this rivalry switches significantly if suzuki and KK take big steps in the next year or two

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I'm anticipating Perry over Armia based on what jersey's they wore in practice.
Besides Perry deserves it. He's been great.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
checking on their board, i find them clueless compared to our knowledge of their lineup. it's f***ing weird. will be a good game - and we should win if we stay out of the box. quality depth vs high end talent + we have a better D and goalies

ps this rivalry switches significantly if suzuki and KK take big steps in the next year or two
TSN needs more Kleenex - Matthews has been so good.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I'm anticipating Perry over Armia based on what jersey's they wore in practice.
Besides Perry deserves it. He's been great.
He's been great at sucking and making KK look like a bust again. Horrible numbers considering he was also on PP. The only reason Perry wore the same jersey was if Armia wouldn't have felt good after the full contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad