GDT: Game 13: Ducks vs. Wings 2/15/13 4:30 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducksgo*

I don't want to jinx anything or what not, but this team looks like a cup contender

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
What are you smoking? The team is playing this high because they know Fasth is there. We had Hiller in and his confidence is shot. Considering how Hiller may still battle with his vertigo and play, I like knowing we have a 30 year old vet you has won best goalie awards in consecutive years (i believe) over the pond and now has put in a clinic.

It may be early, but Fasth does things that Hiller cannot. Hiller still doesn't know how to utilize his stick as much in defensive position or handling the puck. I like the idea that if Fasth continues this tear, then Hiller will be trade bait during the offseason when should we re-sign Fasth to a three or four year deal. We have Andersen and Bobkov in the A. Gibson will be lurking in a few years. I am advocating this to occur should Fasth continue his tear, but I really think his game isn't pure luck as some may seem or think Fasth wasn't asked to win. Trust me, you don't want Deslauriers in!

i dont think anyone's saying that at all. but so many goalies have come in, played great for a season, and then started tanking once players started getting the book on the goalies, or some other reason.

i just wouldn't trade hiller until for sure for sure fasth was legit and the real deal. he's certainly looked quite good, but you never know.

the 1 thing that I noticed tonight was he leaves quite a bit of room upstairs when hes "hugging" the post when the puck is either at the line or behind the net. he doesn't get his shoulders to the post and square and as a result theres a lot of room and a high chance that it'll go in there. a lot like hiller's goal that he let in against the kings when it went in off his blocker and up through that hole.

Ducksgo*

OHHH **** lmao! I passed out I feel like a Pejorative Slur that this game is on replay on FS sports

eenok*

cogliano nice player...one of anaheims most important. loveboy also great despite poor mans copy of vatanen.

have a menu

EENOK, Hockeyprofessor,IL,Finland

eenok*

some more quick handjobbing here..about tomorrow game. wall coming against. named P Rinne...so...this wall not having a puck visited since 137min or so

please comment.....think selanne and co still have some hunger for game. ask me? yeah please have a menu and elvisarea. thank you :handclap:..still have it:handclap:

EENOK, HockeyPROprofessor,IL ,Finland

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
how is it that we can have so much time off after the columbus game and then have to play 3 games in 4 nights.. not to mention a Pejorative Sluredly packed march schedule.

i hope fowler's back by then and we can rotate some vets out during that stretch.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
cogliano nice player...one of anaheims most important. loveboy also great despite poor mans copy of vatanen.

have a menu

EENOK, Hockeyprofessor,IL,Finland

Lovejoy is nothing like Vatanen, so how can he be a poor man's copy of him?

And did you really just say real quick handjobbing? ...

eenok*

yeah sometimes must write here an there..desktops like caught on fire.thank you

lovejoy also fast like vatanen..also skates up etc...whats happening

EENOK,IL Professor of hockey @ Thousand laked Finland

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
yeah sometimes must write here an there..desktops like caught on fire.thank you

lovejoy also fast like vatanen..also skates up etc...whats happening

EENOK,IL Professor of hockey @ Thousand laked Finland

Being a good skater doesn't mean he plays like Vatanen. Vatanen is an offensive defenseman. Lovejoy is playing a more conservative defensive game. He's just using his skating to be effective in that role.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
really good news for tonight is that the ice time was really spread out nicely. they should still have some jump tomorrow.

we'll see how fasth performs on back to back nights. i remember hiller starting out terribly on the second of the back to backs

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Solid effort tonight and it is always great to get a win in Detroit. Boy did they struggle at times to even get the puck out of their own zone! Bobby Ryan was awesome tonight!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Man Babcock is a great coach. Their team is very subpar on paper for this game, and aside from the 3rd, they looked good. Detroit's team transition game is very impressive.

I fell asleep about 30 mins b4 puck drop and missed entire 1st. But we looked good in second but sloppy. We were dominate in 3rd. Love Perry's celebration.

Man I feel like a jackass for parading for Maroon. Dude played like total **** tonight.

Wasn't really impressed with Holland. Still looks really raw. Ryan needs to be at center IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing that line again though. Holland shows potential, but I just like Ryan at center more.

For all the **** Beleskey gets, he was solid tonight. Still want an upgrade there though.

I never realized how slow Palmieri is. I'm telling you unless he gets a mean streak and starts going to dirty areas, he's gonna stay irrelevant. It takes more than a shot kid.

Winnik seemed off tonight. Not bad, but not the omega he's been.

When Detroit pulled their goalie I was hoping Cogs would be the one to score if we got one. Guy has totally proved me wrong this year.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I never realized how slow Palmieri is. I'm telling you unless he gets a mean streak and starts going to dirty areas, he's gonna stay irrelevant. It takes more than a shot kid.

Palmieri is one of the fastest skaters on the team, probably right behind Cam and Cogs. But their line was very subpar.

I thought Holland looked great tonight, he played hard and made good passes, but Bobby and Teemu didn't receive his passes well.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
went to look at last season and our record. last season it took us 27 to reach the 21 points mark. what a turnaround.

and to duckstudd, palmieri is quite fast indeed. hes got very good wheels. tonight he didn't play much or well. that 4th line was definitely a non factor and weren't that good defensively. without bonino on that line it woulda been rough for that line tonight.

maroon showed nothing, i wonder who gets the game tomorrow. staubitz or maroon

edit: i thought holland looked rushed and not confident. showed he could be a stud, but wanted to get rid of the puck a bit too much when he could've held it and made a play

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Holland was clearly anxious/nervous, but he played the best that he realistically could have IMO (besides the bad penalty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad