GDT: Game #13 | Coyotes @ Blues | 6:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
A first center without points, with now many nhl years.

Its not soooooo difficult to see what the main problem is.

Trade Hayton and some of these picks for a real 1.-2. NHL center would make the difference.
it is a bit disturbing, on several levels, that OEL is way way more of a scoring threat this season than Hayton.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Don’t think 28 year old UFAs are an option yet. We’re three years from that being a thing.
Never said it was feasible, wouldn't want to pay the price and he would have to agree to a contract in place beforehand. Just saying he would look great centering Keller and Schmaltz.

Reactions: rt

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Never said it was feasible, wouldn't want to pay the price and he would have to agree to a contract in place beforehand. Just saying he would look great centering Keller and Schmaltz.
Until we can get a true 1C, and no Hayton isn't one, this team will have a tough time to get to the next level. Cooley might be one, time will tell.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I think for one or two games they should break up all of the lines except the Maccelli line.
It's early enough in the season to experiment a bit. Ultimately I think the Keller line should
remain in tact, but it needs a bit of a shake up and reboot. That line comes out, dominates
in possession time when they're out there, but they get very few shots at the goalie.
Keller and Schmaltz seem to be enamored with skating around the periphery of the offensive zone and playing razzle dazzle (they honestly seem to be enjoying it), yet when their shift is done, they've maybe got one shot on goal. It's really frustrating. There's no question that's
the best line but they're being way too selective on shooting and their focus seems to be on
playing keep away for the opponent. Putting them temporarily with other linemates with less finesse may help put the focus back on shooting and grinding.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think for one or two games they should break up all of the lines except the Maccelli line.
It's early enough in the season to experiment a bit. Ultimately I think the Keller line should
remain in tact, but it needs a bit of a shake up and reboot. That line comes out, dominates
in possession time when they're out there, but they get very few shots at the goalie.
Keller and Schmaltz seem to be enamored with skating around the periphery of the offensive zone and playing razzle dazzle (they honestly seem to be enjoying it), yet when their shift is done, they've maybe got one shot on goal. It's really frustrating. There's no question that's
the best line but they're being way too selective on shooting and their focus seems to be on
playing keep away for the opponent. Putting them temporarily with other linemates with less finesse may help put the focus back on shooting and grinding.
Keller-Bjugstad-Schmaltz
Maccelli-Cooley-Crouse
Zucker-Hayton-Carcone
O’Brien-McBain-Kerfoot

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That’s why Jenik needs to play. Carcone is mostly useless if he isn’t scoring. I don’t want bottom sixers who can just kill clock. I’d love to have Jenik out there throwing hits, irritating the opposition, and keeping his linemates engaged.

Armstrong really needs to deliver on this team being annoying to play against because the current rendition is not.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That’s why Jenik needs to play. Carcone is mostly useless if he isn’t scoring. I don’t want bottom sixers who can just kill clock. I’d love to have Jenik out there throwing hits, irritating the opposition, and keeping his linemates engaged.

Armstrong really needs to deliver on this team being annoying to play against because the current rendition is not.

Other than Jenik’s been playing like a bigger bonehead than O‘Brien every time he’s been up, you could be right.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad