GDT: Game #13 | Coyotes @ Blues | 6:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm not worried about the forward group yet, that blue line is going to cause us a lot of issues though.

Cooley still had a lot of development left to do, but he's getting better every game. He's already making significantly less mistakes and taking more time with the puck on his stick, he'll be a monster once his body finishes maturing. Keller, Schmaltz, Hayton, Maccelli, Crouse, Bjugstad, McBain, and O'Brian have all been good players most nights. Kerfoot and Zucker have been relatively invisible. I don't know how I feel about Carcone yet.

Moser had a bit of a slow start, but he's gotten back to his solid two way play. Durzi has been surprisingly awesome. Valimaki is a 3rd pairing guy who can fill in on a top 4. After that it's bleak. Dumba, Brown, Dermott, and Stecher get some nice moments here and there, but ultimately they're all no better than a 6/7th D. That's a problem when you lack an entire top 4 pairing. We fix the blue line and we're actually a pretty competitive team.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Campbell is getting smoked in the AHL and Edmonton is losing to San Jose. The time to trade Vejmelka for Campbell and two 1sts is right now.
Na, let it burn. A new GM needs to be brought in so that their fans can stop being so angry over the organizations severe lack of competence. They take that anger out on the rest of us.

Reactions: Edenjung

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sure, but he hasn't been a bad hockey player. Hayton's winning draws, setting screens, playing a solid 200 foot game. I'm happy enough with his game that I haven't lost patience with his lack of scoring.
Not tonight. He just whiffed on a wide open net and wasn’t doing most of that other stuff. I hadn’t yet lost patience. But now I have.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
A first center without points, with now many nhl years.

Its not soooooo difficult to see what the main problem is.

Trade Hayton and some of these picks for a real 1.-2. NHL center would make the difference.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Not tonight. He just whiffed on a wide open net and wasn’t doing most of that other stuff. I hadn’t yet lost patience. But now I have.
Half our team played pretty poorly tonight. On top of that the blues figured out our glaring weakness, most our dmen suck. Hayton wasn't good tonight, but he's far from our biggest problem most nights.

Reactions: Edenjung

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Too many penalties, i think we are one of the most penalized teams. This happens when guys are behind the play or late to cover. This is our poor D play mostly by D men but the forwards too. Its partly lack of talent in our D core but a good portion of it is fixable, lets see if our coach of the year candidate can figure it out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can we stop the drop pass on the power play ? Everyone in the world knows we are going to do it especially when Durzi has the puck
Give the Blues credit. While every team drops the puck back, the Blues knew exactly what we were going to do. No adjustment from our end.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Na, let it burn. A new GM needs to be brought in so that their fans can stop being so angry over the organizations severe lack of competence. They take that anger out on the rest of us.

I'd rather have the picks too. Veggy isn't the key to our future Cup run.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
When was the last time we actually generated a scoring chance with the goalie pulled at the end of the game? Seems like all we do is pass it around then lose possession before time expires.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The effort is just isn’t acceptable to me. Where’s the speed? Where’s the snarl? This team is pissing me off. Can’t play a full 60 minutes. They consistently show up slow to games and look like they’re skating through mud. They don’t have the talent to not outwork the opposition. The rebuild isn’t f***ing done yet
There have been warning signs for the last 7 or 8 games, but we were winning because of our PP.

Had to miss last bit, couldn't resist going to watch the train wreck known as tge Oilers. Sharks with several great scoring chances in first 5 minutes.
My wife gave me strict orders not to text any of her family members.:laugh: I'll be texting my nephew today. Should be fun.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sure, but he hasn't been a bad hockey player. Hayton's winning draws, setting screens, playing a solid 200 foot game. I'm happy enough with his game that I haven't lost patience with his lack of scoring.
Really? You are talking about our 1C here, not our third or fourth line C. The first line has done nothing 5 on 5 the last 6,7,8 games, and it all starts with your C. Problem is, who will be any better? I guess we will never find out if we don't try anything.

Hayton whiffs on most his chances, that is why he has one point.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Too many penalties, i think we are one of the most penalized teams. This happens when guys are behind the play or late to cover. This is our poor D play mostly by D men but the forwards too. Its partly lack of talent in our D core but a good portion of it is fixable, lets see if our coach of the year candidate can figure it out.
We are the most penalized team. LOB, Dumba and Brown took 10 of our 14 PIM last night over stupidity, had nothing to do with behind the play. That's how bad it was. Not sure if it would have helped, but I have no idea why AT didn't shuffle the lines. The team was dog shit.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
O’Brien is on pace for 252 PIM, which would be the most for any NHL player since the 2010-11 season.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There have been warning signs for the last 7 or 8 games, but we were winning because of our PP.

My wife gave me strict orders not to text any of her family members.:laugh: I'll be texting my nephew today. Should be fun.
I sent my "oh my" text last night but somehow my Buddy didn't see it until he replied 10 minutes ago?? Says he went to bed early!!!!!

I don’t recall if McBain returned to the game?
Pretty sure he did

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t recall if McBain returned to the game?
He kept returning for a shift and then going off again and then returning and going off again. I’m guessing he had to go off for stretch/massage/trigger point or something. Seemed like maybe a muscle contusion/spam thing or something. In the left leg. Above the knee.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
McBain did return to the game but I heard our PBP guys say he was limping on the ice, not looking good. Did he play again after that?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
What i don't like is that we don't start the game on time.
Its the second time in a row that we get scored on really fast. Thats not good.
And for me the defense is not the only culprit regarding this. The offense also has to be sharper early on and notice that they have to help out a bit more in the beginning.

The team made steps forward, but if we wanna stay aroung .500 we need to be a bit sharper early on. And not run out of gas later on. The inbetween is ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad