Game 13: Columbus vs. San Jose | 2/11 7PM EST

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Foligno's move on this goal was as good, if not better, than his end-to-end rush. He deked his man so hard the guy actually dropped his stick! His pass to Vinny was perfectly timed and perfectly placed, and Vinny one-timed it to perfection. Ecstacy!

Foligno completely undressed that defenseman. I'll watch the dvr tonight and figure out who that was. Overall Nick played an incredible game, and I really like that line of Calvert-Dubinsky-Foligno. That line was our best, hands down.

Prospal-Anisimov-Letestu line was great at times, as was the veteran Jacket line (18-16-15), but it was that Dubinsky line that really carried play for us last night.

We are a different team when the defense is healthy.

Two great games by the boys to close out the homestand (yeah I'll say it, we played great vs EDM imo).

I think we take 8 points on this road trip. We're near healthy (minus Cam and Moore), getting good goaltending from both netminders, and playing with confidence and energy.

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
I really like the play of Cody Goloulbef. Hope he stays with the team. The third pairing of Cody and Tim was very good. Of course Moore and Aucoin will be back soon, so I guess it's back to the Falcons for them. Better luck next year guys. Springfield fans will be quite happy with that move.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree Matt. I was surprised how well Cody and Tim played together. An all rookie defensive pairing that looked very good. That was impressive. I am beginning to think that either Wiz or Nikitin will be traded at the deadline for another high draft pick or a good young winger. Wiz in particular could be highly sought after by playoff teams. We really do seem to have a lot of young talent that is NHL ready on defense. Add Murray and there is a logjam on defense.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I really like the play of Cody Goloulbef. Hope he stays with the team. The third pairing of Cody and Tim was very good. Of course Moore and Aucoin will be back soon, so I guess it's back to the Falcons for them. Better luck next year guys. Springfield fans will be quite happy with that move.

Hopefully they send Holden down and use Aucoin as the 7th dman. If that happens they will have a slot for Erixon or Golo. I know why they wanted Aucoin, but it probably time to scrap that plan and move on. This road trip could define if Aucoin is a deadline causality. If we don't perform well, we should be in sell mode by the time we get back.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This has nothing to do with the game, but since your avatar has a pancake in it, just thought I'd let you know that today is Pancake Day in England. Time to celebrate. :handclap:

My dad's mom was born in England. This is a tradition my family carries on. (Although it could just be another excuse to have pancakes.)

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Hopefully they send Holden down and use Aucoin as the 7th dman. If that happens they will have a slot for Erixon or Golo. I know why they wanted Aucoin, but it probably time to scrap that plan and move on. This road trip could define if Aucoin is a deadline causality. If we don't perform well, we should be in sell mode by the time we get back.

Holden is on a standard not an entry level contract and I believe would be exposed to waivers if he were the one to be sent down. Which means we get nothing. Would think that when Moore/Aucoin come back one of Golo/Erixon or both go back. Agree that Aucoin needs to stay as #7 or trade if possible. Holden is 25 and probably is what he is going to be and is a UFA this summer, so it possible given the growth of the rest of the younger D core that he might be available for a pick or prospect.

Tin Tin
Chaos
Moore - Holden/Erixon/Golo
Aucoin

Trade both, keep both.

Which would leave us with Savard, Prout,and Weber as next up.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Holden is on a standard not an entry level contract and I believe would be exposed to waivers if he were the one to be sent down. Which means we get nothing. Would think that when Moore/Aucoin come back one of Golo/Erixon or both go back. Agree that Aucoin needs to stay as #7 or trade if possible. Holden is 25 and probably is what he is going to be and is a UFA this summer, so it possible given the growth of the rest of the younger D core that he might be available for a pick or prospect.

Tin Tin
Chaos
Moore - Holden/Erixon/Golo
Aucoin

Trade both, keep both.

Which would leave us with Savard, Prout,and Weber as next up.

Trade Aucoin. The young players aren't playing any worse with him out of the line up.

My first choice would be Golo-Moore as the 3rd, but lets get them more than 7 minutes a night. I don't like Golo as 7. He'd be better off skating 20 minutes a night for the Falcons.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Holden is on a standard not an entry level contract and I believe would be exposed to waivers if he were the one to be sent down.

I am aware, it isn't really much of a consideration. At some point this year you are going to expose him again and they knew it was a possibility when they called him up. If we sign him to another deal it will be another two way deal. Are you worried about the conditional 7th round pick we might get for him if we try and trade him?

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I am aware, it isn't really much of a consideration. At some point this year you are going to expose him again and they knew it was a possibility when they called him up. If we sign him to another deal it will be another two way deal. Are you worried about the conditional 7th round pick we might get for him if we try and trade him?

As I have admitted many times my feel for "value of" is not finely honed. Thought he might have a little more value than that, but if that's it then c'est la vie. So, he's that AHLer provides some leadership and steady play but can be called upon when necessary.

Got it, thanks

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
This game extended a very strange streak for me - I've sat in the upper bowl 6 times and the Jackets have won all 6 games. May have to switch my season tickets from lower bowl to upper bowl next season, because obviously it has an effect on the team.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I'm not sure, but I think that's the old-people way of referring to Russ Tyler.

You youngbloods and Russ Tyler. Back when I was a pup, it was Goldberg.;)

Wilbur Wood would be one generation's way of calling someone fat. But the previous benchmark was Smoky Burgess. (And now we see who gets that reference)

RickS

Sep 19, 2005

Wilbur Wood would be one generation's way of calling someone fat. But the previous benchmark was Smoky Burgess. (And now we see who gets that reference)

I vaguely remember him playing for the Pirates, waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. I was a mere child.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

Wilbur threw knuckle balls, hence the reference to Letestu's goal I believe.

That goal, as fluky as it seemed, actually is impressive considering Letestu basically shot through a blocking stick. Reminiscent of Erat's goal opening night.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I had Smoky's baseball card when I was a kid. But it must just be all the old guys who used him as a benchmark for fatness (is that a word?). never heard that.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

Shake, Rattle, and Roll! An old favorite! I have no idea who those others are, but I remember Wood before he was fat and exclusively a knuckleballer!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad