Game 13: Columbus vs. San Jose | 2/11 7PM EST

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't congratulate everyone on this board. Cause for some of them every Jackets win is a wasted opportunity to complain.

To me every win this year is one less win next year. (hopefully I'm wrong, but I really want a top 5 pick this season)

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Can they play dubinsky's goal a few more times? They've shown it like 6 times. Our players really need to shoot more. One 2 on 1's and just when entering the zone in general. Shot low and at the pads. Dubinsky needed to shoot on that 2 on 1 and he needed to drive in and make a move on that breakaway. It seems like everyone spends to much time thinking instead of reacting.

Sure, let's fire it up on the new scoreboard. We can watch a segment on the new scoreboard, on the new scoreboard. And after the new scoreboard new scoreboards, we can new scoreboard while new scoreboarding.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What an odd experience.

The Jackets were "buzzing" in the offensive zone for a good portion of the game. They put a thumping on a decent team. They made the other guys look like the other guys make the Jackets look normally.

I finally saw the Dubinski that NY Ranger fans talked about and the Foligno that Ottawa fans said would emerge with Columbus. The sequence on which Foligno just shredded the Ottawa defense with some nifty deeks was out of this world. No goal was scored, but it probably was the prettiest offensive play of the game. The kid has some skills. Looking forward to watching him develop into a top 6 player here. Same with Dubinski.

The greatest highlight for me was seeing Umberger and Gomez on the ice at the same time. I got a huge chuckle out of it.

If this team resembled the real Jackets, then I guess I got my last $15 ticket in section 114:laugh:

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Although we beat a struggling team, I love the non-stop pressure that was put on. Relentlessness and winning battles all along the boards. When you shoot the puck 37 times, they're bound to go in (cept for Dubnyk apparently). Keep it rolling the way it is right now. Simple hockey, dump and chase with all out pressure. Always nice to get the first one and then some!

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I finally saw the Dubinski that NY Ranger fans talked about and the Foligno that Ottawa fans said would emerge with Columbus. The sequence on which Foligno just shredded the Ottawa defense with some nifty deeks was out of this world. No goal was scored, but it probably was the prettiest offensive play of the game. The kid has some skills. Looking forward to watching him develop into a top 6 player here. Same with Dubinski.

The best part about these two showing up tonight, was that the rest of the team joined in with them.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
How do you know it's a bad night? When Mike Todd is making fun of you during a break.

During one of the last TV timeout, contestant A loses, but Mike consoles him by telling him that the Jackets have scored four more times during the break. Very nice.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dubi, Coloubef on the scoreboard.. nice. Man it would have been awesome if Foligno had scored on that end-to-end. But you can't have it all.

Felt almost weird when the goals just kept coming. Sharks were flat but a lot falls on Greiss.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Wow, great game!
Guess that is what happens when a team plays hard and the opposing goalie isn't en fuego. Nicely done guys

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, I think that the Jackets need to schedule all of their games on my duty days. I have been to every game that I don't work and haven't seen a win yet. They are 3-1 when I am at the Firehouse.

Nice to see them rewarded last night.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
OK, so I was old, last night, and didn't make it to the game. I missed the fun of being there, but got to enjoy the advantage of controlling the video replays for myself!

The thing that impressed me most was the fact that four of the six goals were the result of SKILL! Dubi's was hard work, tenacity, and effort; Letestu's was a bit of a Wilbur Wood Special. The others:

Goloubef's was a nice, quick, quasi-slapper off a great feed from DMac,
Nikitin's was a sharp slap-shot from the right spot, through perfect screens,
Wiznewski's came off hard work in the corner, a good feed from Brass, and a one-timer,

and, the best of the night:

Foligno's move on this goal was as good, if not better, than his end-to-end rush. He deked his man so hard the guy actually dropped his stick! His pass to Vinny was perfectly timed and perfectly placed, and Vinny one-timed it to perfection. Ecstacy!

All-around good game. Can't blame Mason for either goal (didn't see the first, the second was a perfect feed/shot) and the defense kept the Sharks outside and harassed them all over the ice. It will be interesting to see if this was just a mirage or if they may be getting more confident and comfortable with each other. No miracles are to be expected, but I'd sure like to see them build off an effort like this.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Man, every time I watch it, that Foligno end to end gets even prettier. If he could have buried that one, would have rivaled the Nash goal vs. PHX. Absolutely beautiful.

Great game by the Jackets, this team looked like they'd been playing together for years, everyone held up his end of the team's collective accountability for only the third or fourth time all year. Combine that with the ability to put pucks in the net and you'll win a lot of games.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Wiznewski's came off hard work in the corner

Very impressive play by Umberger on that, he managed to draw the entire PK over to Brass except Marleau...Great saucer by Brass and Once Wiz had the puck on his stick it was too late for SJ. I know we've been hard on Umberger, but I am proud to say he's a Jacket after watching him the past couple of games.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Foligno's move on this goal was as good, if not better, than his end-to-end rush. He deked his man so hard the guy actually dropped his stick! His pass to Vinny was perfectly timed and perfectly placed, and Vinny one-timed it to perfection. Ecstacy!

Missed the game and am catching up by watching highlights and reading here. This was my take as well. Sick play by Foligno.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The thing that impressed me most was the fact that four of the six goals were the result of SKILL! Dubi's was hard work, tenacity, and effort; Letestu's was a bit of a Wilbur Wood Special.

Had to look this one Pete. Now a Phil Niekro or a Tim Wakefield reference, I would have got.:)

RickS

Sep 19, 2005
Missed the game and am catching up by watching highlights and reading here. This was my take as well. Sick play by Foligno.

This has nothing to do with the game, but since your avatar has a pancake in it, just thought I'd let you know that today is Pancake Day in England. Time to celebrate. :handclap:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
OK, so I was old, last night, and didn't make it to the game. I missed the fun of being there, but got to enjoy the advantage of controlling the video replays for myself!

The thing that impressed me most was the fact that four of the six goals were the result of SKILL! Dubi's was hard work, tenacity, and effort; Letestu's was a bit of a Wilbur Wood Special. The others:

Goloubef's was a nice, quick, quasi-slapper off a great feed from DMac,
Nikitin's was a sharp slap-shot from the right spot, through perfect screens,
Wiznewski's came off hard work in the corner, a good feed from Brass, and a one-timer,

and, the best of the night:

All-around good game. Can't blame Mason for either goal (didn't see the first, the second was a perfect feed/shot) and the defense kept the Sharks outside and harassed them all over the ice. It will be interesting to see if this was just a mirage or if they may be getting more confident and comfortable with each other. No miracles are to be expected, but I'd sure like to see them build off an effort like this.

The first goal by Marleau was a goal scorers goal. Hard snap wrister top shelf. The way to score on a drop down butterfly goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->